Anybody have thoughts on foot pain?

Cordell

Oooooh one letter wrong, you showed him :rolleyes:

And left this one alone in the thread.

I would recommend to a pediatrician and get fitted for orthotics My wife has planter fasciitis and for a while could barely walk. With her orthotics and a custom boot for stretching at night she is doing fine. But as they wear out/down she gets replacements every couple years. I can get you a name if you want. Good luck.

Proper diet, exercise, and stretching.

I was thinking this since Scott put this thread up. Work on stretches and ways to eat/drink better (listen to your body) and hopefully that will help also.

As I'm getting older, I'm realizing trimming pounds and staying strong and limber is definitely a crucial part of keeping pain at bay. Watched my wife lose 50lbs and see first-hand the effect it's had on her attitude, diet, positivity has been inspiring.

I was thinking this since Scott put this thread up. Work on stretches and ways to eat/drink better (listen to your body) and hopefully that will help also.

As I'm getting older, I'm realizing trimming pounds and staying strong and limber is definitely a crucial part of keeping pain at bay. Watched my wife lose 50lbs and see first-hand the effect it's had on her attitude, diet, positivity has been inspiring.

WTF Clay?

I'm going to presume you meant well, but that came off as "you fat unhealthy fuck" do better.

Today was much better, stretched this morning, stretched as soon as I got my boots off, and my wife's exact words "Wow you're walking better".

I realize that diet and excercise are important, and I think about it, however I would rather die an untimely death then eat vegatables. My diet consists mostly of chicken, beef, and fish, with the typical pepporoni pizza once or twice a week. That is all I eat, nothing else, flat out hate just about everything else. I'm sure it's not healthy but I'm not willing to change and I'll just have to deal with the consequences.

WTF Clay?

I'm going to presume you meant well, but that came off as "you fat unhealthy fuck" do better.

Today was much better, stretched this morning, stretched as soon as I got my boots off, and my wife's exact words "Wow you're walking better".

I realize that diet and excercise are important, and I think about it, however I would rather die an untimely death then eat vegatables. My diet consists mostly of chicken, beef, and fish, with the typical pepporoni pizza once or twice a week. That is all I eat, nothing else, flat out hate just about everything else. I'm sure it's not healthy but I'm not willing to change and I'll just have to deal with the consequences.

Are you getting enough water with all the heat we had last week? Today was cooler so if dehydration is cramping your muscles a bit that would also help point to why today was better. Hopefully the stretches do it for you though.

WTF Clay?

Neither Clay nor myself meant anything insulting. We just posted advice pertinent specifically to you, in a thread where you asked for advice.

That is all I eat, nothing else, flat out hate just about everything else. I'm sure it's not healthy but I'm not willing to change and I'll just have to deal with the consequences.

We both know this about you, and it's why I made the recommendation I did. Your diet and lifestyle can kill you. It would only take about a week for you to get used to eating something new. Thorne did that a couple of years ago, he had never had fruits or vegetables until moving to California. He gagged when he ate a strawberry. Now he loves fresh fruits and veggies. I'd be more than happy to make some recommendations on things that taste good if you're willing to listen. I think it would make a HUGE difference for you.

Thanks, Eli.

Yes, Scott...apologies for not being on CR again until now...I meant nothing harsh. I'm trying to improve my own diet and work on exercising, and fortunately I'm not battling any sort of chronic pain yet.

Insole devices do work, but Eli and I are highlighting that improving your health through diet, stretching, exercise will do you a lot of long-term good.

I know you say you dont like vegetables and I was in a similar position as far as that goes. But then we started our our garden and also getting most of our veggies from local farm markets and the flavor difference is night and day .

Nothing better then fresh veggies with a nice steak. Imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I know you say you dont like vegetables and I was in a similar position as far as that goes. But then we started our our garden and also getting most of our veggies from local farm markets and the flavor difference is night and day .

Nothing better then fresh veggies with a nice steak. Imo

+1.

If you're grilling meat, some sliced zucchini in olive oil, salt+pepper grilling next to them is an awesome compliment. My wife turned me on to roasted veggies and I've eaten lot more variety of veggies because of that.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/222763/balsamic-grilled-zucchini/