Best place to get windows tinted

initzero

Based on this thread i called The Tint Dude this morning and asked when he could get me in. he said he could do it today at 1pm. He is currently still working on it while i am at work. Its awesome having him be able to do it without me going anywhere. I will let you know my thoughts when he finishes with my car.

http://www.ttdohio.com/

I too am interested in a couple vehicles being tinted.. went to his web site and chuckled a little with the misspellings,, but then went to read the reviews ( 4 of them ) and it would seem that the tint dude wrote his own reviews.

Mispspelling / bad grammar is not a reason to not use his service, but writing your own reviews seems a bit sketchy.... just sayin'

Based on this thread i called The Tint Dude this morning and asked when he could get me in. he said he could do it today at 1pm. He is currently still working on it while i am at work. Its awesome having him be able to do it without me going anywhere. I will let you know my thoughts when he finishes with my car.

Dude showed up in a dirty ass VW with a huge dog, installed tint with bubbles and dirt and dog hair all over the tint, when I called 30 days after (the time he demands must pass before calling them) he came back and removed my tint and refunded me my cash. There was dirt and dog hair between the glass and tint. I don't own a dog. He told me his work is not for everyone, and I should take it to quality. I went to Performance Auto Spa and no bubbles or dirt.

Dude showed up in a dirty ass VW with a huge dog, installed tint with bubbles and dirt and dog hair all over the tint, when I called 30 days after (the time he demands must pass before calling them) he came back and removed my tint and refunded me my cash. There was dirt and dog hair between the glass and tint. I don't own a dog. He told me his work is not for everyone, and I should take it to quality. I went to Performance Auto Spa and no bubbles or dirt.

:eek:

Is Quality still quality? They did a great job back in the day on my cars. More accessible side of town too, but I don't even know if they still exist lol

What about Auto Options near Clintonville. Be nice to get good work that close to my house

I just got my car tinted at Quality last month, tint turned out prefect. Yes, it’s in a shady location but never had any issues with the 4 cars I've sent there.

I just got my car tinted at Quality last month, tint turned out prefect. Yes, it’s in a shady location but never had any issues with the 4 cars I've sent there.

The last two times I brought my car there, I was unhappy. One smelled of smoke and the last time he didn't snap the headliner back in place on my S5 and when I climbed back there to do it I found that he cracked the shroud around the third brake light. Not going back there.

Haven't had anything tinted by him, but I met him once. He was driving a civic with the windshield tinted to 5% and came across like a huge douche. I don't think I'd use him.

And besides.. The tint "DUDE"? Really?

Threads like these make me just want to go to Ziebart. More expensive than most but years of highly quality reputation (at least from what I understand).

It's been a while but three of my friends went there for tint and all three had bubbles on the back window from day 1.

The good news for you is that it's pretty hard to fuck up windows on a truck

Just found out that a place called firehouse tint opened up next to dynotune motorsports.

Im going to check them out next time im out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The guy that did mine was in a Ford Transit van, and other than some water/soap residue on the windows i have 0 complaints so far. Wonder if you even had the same guy? i have not seen any bubbles and there was for sure no dog present at the job site.

Do his prices online come with him doing it while at work? If so, that's a great deal. $149 for my truck.

yea its all included for the price online, one thing to note. He doesn't charge tax and there is no paper work since he did 35% for me and its not legal in the state of ohio. Just kind of odd i thought.

Any thoughts on Mr tint?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If you can get a hold of them, I tried calling randomly for a couple days and no one ever answered. They seemed to be priced similar to others. On a side note I have drove by numerous times and have seen them tinting a car with their garage door up , which makes me worry about debris between the window.

The guy that did mine was in a Ford Transit van, and other than some water/soap residue on the windows i have 0 complaints so far. Wonder if you even had the same guy? i have not seen any bubbles and there was for sure no dog present at the job site.

yea its all included for the price online, one thing to note. He doesn't charge tax and there is no paper work since he did 35% for me and its not legal in the state of ohio. Just kind of odd i thought.

No, not the same guy but same website. Yeah no paperwork, but he did refund my money in cash, as I had to pay in cash. He tried to blame the dirt and dog hair on my garage that is only 5 years old and kept almost spotless. And again, we don't own a dog, and he brought one along. He also left bubbles of glue under the tint that in 30+ days never went away. I've used 3 companies to do several cars, Quality, Tint Dude, and Performance Auto Spa. Will never use the tint dude again. His work was the only one I have seen have imperfections.

With Performance Auto Spa, the owner called me as I scheduled a month in advance my appointment, in march, I wanted it to be warmer so I booked at the end of April I believe. Anyway the owner called me the Thursday before my Saturday appointment to say he had to cancel as his guy quit. He said he understood if I would decide to go somewhere else. I said I could wait and if he hired someone to give me a call to reschedule. He called about 2 weeks later and I made an appointment. So the new guy did my car and I am very happy with my tint. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't discount the job as I stayed loyal and waited.