State Trooper's Camaro

Geeto67

Was on 270 the other day and I almost speed past a brand new V8 camaro in full Ohio state trooper livery and lights. Thing even sounded great. Anybody else seen this? I saw they had a 2013 camaro on display at the state fair once, but this is the first time I have actually seen a statie camaro doing actual traffic duty.

ok, fess up. Which one of you prompted them to get a hot rod to chase down the speeders.

Doubtful they use it for actual traffic duty. Probably just moving it from spot to spot for a fair, parade, etc..

I can almost guarantee the vehicle was acquired from some sort of drug related seizure. My department has a 2016 Denali that was seized out of a large drug deal. It's either destroy it or keep it for show purposes. It's usually our parade vehicle

Doubtful they use it for actual traffic duty. Probably just moving it from spot to spot for a fair, parade, etc..

I can almost guarantee the vehicle was acquired from some sort of drug related seizure. My department has a 2016 Denali that was seized out of a large drug deal. It's either destroy it or keep it for show purposes. It's usually our parade vehicle

really that's a bummer.

Back in NY in the 1990's they used to seize all the street race cars and then press them into service as undercover units. A friend of a good friend lost his supercharged 1991 Notch LX to NYPD for getting caught lining up on the Cross Island North of Francis Lewis. They outfitted it with an inside light bar and then brought it too all the spots. Even suckered one or two. By the end of week 2 word had got around and everybody knew the car anyway and they had to move it, so they painted it white and pressed it into speed enforcement on the LIE in queens before retiring it to DARE. The officer who did speed enforcement was a real dick too, he used to hard tailgate you and then do the ricer flyby to see if you would bite. If you brake checked him you usually ended up with a fist full of "equipment violations".

Suffolk County's State Trooper outpost on the Southern State Parkway in 2003 used to have a 4th gen Camaro SS they used for speed enforcement all the time. I even got pinched by it once in my GTO. IT wasn't a 1LE police package car, it was a genuine SLP SS, even had the SS badges, but it was painted green. I was back a week ago and saw a challenger R/T had replaced it .

I have to admit, I love police hot rods. In high school a buddy of mine used to work on NYPD blue prepping the prop cars (his father worked for panavision) and minor body work. We sometimes used to tool around at night in those old 9c1 bubble caprices (this was about 1994-95). Loved those cars.

I don't know who, but I know a certain black MB R class has been roaming 270 and 315 a lot lately. Just testing some new mods, loving the triple digit runs

There's a silver Camaro with Red and Blue lights looking to race you. So I heard anyway :p

Our Indiana SP has a 2012 GT500 and several 5.0's...purchased with taxpayer money.

I have heard of this before, supposedly it's a GT with GT500 bodywork because it was wrecked at one point. Still cool.

While web surfing I found this image:

719bfdf27bd76198b9a24286fccc187c--police-uniforms-police-cars.jpg

That's a 1937 supercharged 812 Cord Westchester sedan. The 1937 170hp equivalent of a Charger Hellcat.

That car is probably worth $1.6 millions dollars now.

Sedans tend to trade hands for around $70K. Roadsters are getting near $200K.

There is one up for sale at Mecum montery right now:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cord/812/1982306.html

not a police car though. That police car did survive though and is in the National Auto and Truck Museum which is next to the Aburn, Cord, Dusenberg museum in Auburn Indiana.

There is a guy who comes to our bike nights who is building a hot rod out of one. I almost cried when he told me he parted out the 289 Cord v8 and FWD transaxle so he could put a ford v8, tranny, and 9" in the thing.