Who has corner weight scales?

Aaron

Is it $50 for normal cars and $2000 for cars with lowering springs?

I talked to them about this a couple weeks ago after Dave aligned my supra to custom settings (yes, the car was lowered) . I didn't get the cost on corner balancing but it can vary based on the hours to "balance" the car. The owner did say he just did a 350z that had a multitude of new suspension parts that were adjustable in many fashions. I will most likely consider him in the spring once I need to have this done.

If you can get some to corner balance a car for $50, I would love to see who did it and their results. To do it right, I would expect 5-8hrs to set up car right from scratch.

Alignments may be around that price ~$50 but's dependent on the application (i.e. trucks with no rear alignment adjustments; fixed axles)

DP

Corner balancing isn't rocket science. It's static weight, quit making it like it's some kind of brain surgery. Five to eight hours? I know someone who can dial corner balance in in under 2 hours granted that the suspension has a way to adjust ride height without adjusting spring preload. It is true that it won't be $50, but then again Chandler was trying to be funny.

A multitude of adjustable suspension parts deal with suspension geometry, not corner weights. Once the corner weight balance has been achieved, alignment comes in and alignment will take longer to adjust when camber, caster, and toe are all adjustable. As long as there is no vanity and unreasonable goal in alignment specifications, it's only a matter of adjusting cams and arms. Adjusting camber and toe gains (curves) is a different story, but let's not get into that.

Corner balancing isn't rocket science. It's static weight, quit making it like it's some kind of brain surgery. Five to eight hours? I know someone who can dial corner balance in in under 2 hours granted that the suspension has a way to adjust ride height without adjusting spring preload. It is true that it won't be $50, but then again Chandler was trying to be funny.

A multitude of adjustable suspension parts deal with suspension geometry, not corner weights. Once the corner weight balance has been achieved, alignment comes in and alignment will take longer to adjust when camber, caster, and toe are all adjustable. As long as there is no vanity and unreasonable goal in alignment specifications, it's only a matter of adjusting cams and arms. Adjusting camber and toe gains (curves) is a different story, but let's not get into that.

So I take the notion that the car has never been corner balanced nor know what the requester has as far his suspension setup and you compare it to your friend in the best case situation of doing the work with preset ride height and no impact to preload ?

Real apples to oranges there for comparison sakes.

I never said it was brain surgery but to most people they would do counter productive things that ADD time to getting it setting it up right.

Not looking for corner balancing just yet, I mainly wanted to put it in scales to vet baseline numbers to help me decide what suspension route I want to go this winter. 5 min to set them up and write down the numbers is all I'm looking for.

We DO do Corner balancing on a request basis but it's not something we typically offer to a walk in or casual customer. Most people in the alignment/suspension game just want it to track straight and not rip their tires apart. For those who are looking for true custom suspension setups, which we do every single week, it's a part of the package we can offer. That usually includes spring rates and preloads and all the fixins. But again, those are people with considerable work done to their cars and are willing to pay for us to spend the time on it.

Don't often get Honda guys with lowering springs willing to spend 400+ for a suspension setup with corner balancing :)