2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it comes down to Bama Vs. OSU in the committee eyes, I'm sorry to say boys, but we're not getting in. Nor should we. Getting pounded by 30 points at the hands of an unranked squad should be the death knell for ANY teams playoff hopes. The comforting thought is that we may end up with the opportunity to curb stomp ND in a bowl game, and that is a nice little consolation prize.

If it comes down to Bama Vs. OSU in the committee eyes, I'm sorry to say boys, but we're not getting in. Nor should we. Getting pounded by 30 points at the hands of an unranked squad should be the death knell for ANY teams playoff hopes. The comforting thought is that we may end up with the opportunity to curb stomp ND in a bowl game, and that is a nice little consolation prize.

This, all of this!! I'd love to see OSU vs. ND in a bowl game.

I've never been more of a fan on OSU and TCU then tbjd weekend

You should be cheering for Wisconsin you dummy.

If OSU wins, they are in. I don't care what anyone says. They would be the Conf Champ in the toughest conference in college football on top of having a tougher schedule and quality wins.

If Oklahoma and Ohio State win it's going to be extremely close on who they choose between the Buckeyes and Alabama. It's impossible to predict what the committee is going to do so we're all just guessing at this point. The only thing Alabama will have over OSU is less wins. Ohio State's resume other than that will be better across the board though. We will be conference champs, have better wins, better SOS. It will come down to, will the committee put Alabama in simply for being Alabama? If TCU beats Oklahoma, that opens up the door for both teams to get in.

Bama has wins over six bowl teams

OSU has wins over 5 and two bad losses.

B1g is not the hardest conference is football.

Your best wins are against 3 loss LSU and 4 loss Miss State. I don't care about how many 6 win teams you beat. After this weekend Alabama will have played 11 FBS schools while OSU will have played 13.

Buckeyes have to win and TCU has to win.

If that happens then I bet you see bama and buckets make final four.

If if buckeyes win and Oklahoma wins then bama will get the four seed.

Of course this is assuming Clemson and auburn win. If Miami wins I think the final four is a crap shoot for anybody

Buckeyes have to win and TCU has to win.

If that happens then I bet you see bama and buckets make final four.

If if buckeyes win and Oklahoma wins then bama will get the four seed.

Of course this is assuming Clemson and auburn win. If Miami wins I think the final four is a crap shoot for anybody

It's just hard for me to see a real legitimate argument for Alabama outside of them simply saying "it's Alabama."