The "PoorVette"

PsychoticGaming

I picked up a 1984 Corvette that had been setting in some guys storage for 12 years. I got it running last year but it's how old.... Front and rear mains were leaking, hp was nothing to speak of, clutch was slipping with 130k on the clock but the trans (4+3) shifted fine. I picked up a 99 LM7 and swapped in an LS1 cam, LS6 springs, LS1 Fbody injectors and a Tune from Brian at Dyno Tuned. Nothing huge but reasonable to wake her up :)

Pulled the old engine, fab'd in the LM7. Just took the first drive today, way more enjoyable to drive! Still in progess, wiring is all stock and uncut yet (still need to order a smalled fuse block).

Tight fit in there, Hooker LS block huggers clear well, used the stock frame motor mounts with 1" setback block plates I made and solid mounts. Fbody LS1 clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing with a long throw out bearing (this is using the original Doug Nash 4+3). Used a 468 truck bellhousing (everyone else seems to use the 621, the 468 was free and fits well!) and made a bracket to adapt the slave cylinder too.56e4697666846e1d8f03f0801d6ba4c4.jpgd747860225fc6e7bf2b4a28e571190f8.jpg58ab43e3c913ac20868f58ef71fc3e1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tom did some car guys a favor selling off his fleet of C4s. :thumbup:

I miss driving my '95 C4 but definitely not working on it. Curse the LTx engines and their Optispark ignition systems! LS-swap FTW on this one. Enjoy the car!

That digital dash is perfect for a red, '80s sports car!!! :lol:

Keys? Na, that's only half of them.... (When I drive I always take the set I'm using off of the ring).

It is an Intellitronix dash, they have a few colors to choose from. The pic makes it look brighter, not bad really and dims 50% when the lights are on which helps (though if you have white or blue LED's that might still be pretty bright at night...). Still way better than the factory that was sun burned out.

As of now, no plans for a turbo. I would like to keep the D36 rear in one piece for a little while if possible. Though I have a 70mm setting on the shelf for the Camaro when I get time to put her together :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hear the hate on the hood, not my first choice but with limited time and it can change in time. Honestly would rather have VetteKart it but my wife won't let me....

Those wheels are just one set I paid $100 with 80% treads. The other set has slicks for all 4 corners and are quite nice :)

Edited by PsychoticGaming