Old Used Truck Price?

Sully

Oh, and the SS stick-ons add 20HP (10 for each side). :lol:

Don't think I didn't notice those jewels. :barf:

That thing would look sweet lowered a bit with some fatty RWL tires (Cooper Cobras or Radial GTs) and a rollpan in the back. Most of the work is already done from an appearance standpoint. If the interior is servicable - no major tears in the bench, all panels are present and carpet looks good - I could see it being a $2000-2500 tee-ruk but definitely no more than that, especially if you need new tires and you want to swap in a different motor.

Don't think I didn't notice those jewels. :barf:

That thing would look sweet lowered a bit with some fatty RWL tires (Cooper Cobras or Radial GTs) and a rollpan in the back. Most of the work is already done from an appearance standpoint. If the interior is servicable - no major tears in the bench, all panels are present and carpet looks good - I could see it being a $2000-2500 tee-ruk but definitely no more than that, especially if you need new tires and you want to swap in a different motor.

Those would definitely be removed first.

The bench does have tears in it, but I'd just throw a cheap seat cover over it for now. I don't remember what the floor looks like. The dash isn't cracked. Has all interior pieces as far as I remember. I'm not looking to drop a ton of money in a truck right after purchase, if I don't HAVE to. I need a truck to do what a truck is supposed to do... and something to tinker with occasionally when extra funds are available.

I like that truck. Hard to tell about the rocker rust in that pic, but looks like a nice example. Especially being the rare Sierra SS.

I'd unscrew all those stupid tonneau buttons and slap on some black diamond plate bedrail covers to hide the holes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Without seeing it unless it is something special, any decent 4wd not rusted to shit truck with good tires is about 2k, if the AC also works maybe go up to $2500

That's not a 4x4 and not "any" truck.

PP is right. SB and 5 window chevy trucks are tater high right now. As much as I hate agreeing with him, he's right.

Split the diff. Offer a middle price and see what happens.

I sold "Elliott", my '78 K10, (if you remember her, I deleted some albums so can't post a pic) for $2k a few years back. It was a clapped out P.O.S that I loved. Granted, it was a 4x4 and lifted and had new tires and full exhaust, but she was a dirty girl.

• 4 weeks later...
That's not a 4x4 and not "any" truck.

PP is right. SB and 5 window chevy trucks are tater high right now. As much as I hate agreeing with him, he's right.

Split the diff. Offer a middle price and see what happens.

I sold "Elliott", my '78 K10, (if you remember her, I deleted some albums so can't post a pic) for $2k a few years back. It was a clapped out P.O.S that I loved. Granted, it was a 4x4 and lifted and had new tires and full exhaust, but she was a dirty girl.

Agreed , when posted he didn't have this information in his post but was edited after the fact.

I offered him $2500 today and he came back with $2800. I told him I'd have to think about it.

If you really like the truck, I would do it for $2800 even if it's a bit more than I wanted to pay originally. What's a couple hundred bucks in the grand scheme of things, ya know? I still think it's a fair deal

If you really like the truck, I would do it for $2800 even if it's a bit more than I wanted to pay originally. What's a couple hundred bucks in the grand scheme of things, ya know? I still think it's a fair deal

I agree...I've seen enough rusty squarebodies lately that $2800 for a cleanish one is the nice side of the market, even in this depressed collector car economy.