The Colt- V.3 "el Chapo"

coltboostin

I can guarantee it's out of my price range for beater. There were 3 awd dsm's that ran that were less than 2k that sold here in columbus. They may have been ugly as sin, but work had been done to them.

100 million % out of beater price range.

Till i DIE

And just so you guys don't lose faith in my sloppiness- I am reusing the oil pump that was on the motor. Feels good-ship it. Its a little dirty tho... :lolguy:

IMG_20190402_230027565-X2.jpg

IMG_20190402_230313614-X2.jpg

If it's in specs, send it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's in specs, send it.

You would have to remove and disassemble the oil pump and hit it with a feeler gauge to check that spec.

My spec is to grab the gear and give er' a feel. Feels good, I'll run it all day. (My wrist is calibrated)

Everything int he motor torqued in a similar fashion. Options are snug, tight, and real tight. ;)

Just wondering what Ohio events you'll be bringing this thing to? Coming down for Spring IFO? Street Car Takeover again?

Always love following you and your mad scientist ways!

Ha! Thanks.

Spring IFO no- SCT hopefully yes. INFO D42 Yes. Shootout HELL YES! :p

I'd love to get to a 1/2 mile event but scheduling may be tuff will my new position.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, good things are happening.

933AWHP and out of fuel. Boost is still mild at 43psi. This is a stingy dyno too- Last year 801whp on this Dyno was good fro 880whp on Carlyles AWD Dynojet, and 160mph trap speed.

Current plan is to add an AEM 380 to the mix and see if we can sneak a little more out of her. Still have quite a but of stuff to address but we should be ready for the first local event Sunday!

Everything in this build is used, Ebay, or zip tied besides the off the Shelf Weiscos. I didn't even take the oil pump off the block LOL. And yes, Im still rocking the fence post Drive shaft. The craziest part is, I am 200% sure it will make quite a bit more power if I can get more fuel. Crazy times we are in!

I can't remember... are you using esmlink?

*ecmlink aka DSMlink.

Yup. Same one from the car I crashed in 06 too. :lolguy:

How is that trans doing ?

So far so good. We re-syncro'd the $50 holler from the shootout and- so far so good!

I hope to be on track Sunday for the SlowMoEvent/rental- but I have to get more fuel in the car before I run it safely anywhere near this power level

• 2 weeks later...
How'd this monster do at SloMo's drag day?

10.4@149 missing 3rd, on 3 attempts lol.

Next pass it broke 3rd gear shift for completely. :( its sitting in the garage, stuck in 4th

Only good news is it picked up 43mph on the back half the first run.

Picked up 43 MPH!? Not 4.3? Holy shit!

Yes, and that's not on "kill". Ill put up the slip when i get back form Florida.

Im honestly on the fence with downsizing the turbo. Without a trans that can reliably NLTS at 10k+, I just cant use this power band. Considering my options moving forward...

Yes, and that's not on "kill". Ill put up the slip when i get back form Florida.

Im honestly on the fence with downsizing the turbo. Without a trans that can reliably NLTS at 10k+, I just cant use this power band. Considering my options moving forward...

Time to pony up for a good tranny and get a gear box built while you are at it ;)

You are asking way too much out of $50 boxes. You already know this though.