The Colt- V.3 "el Chapo"

coltboostin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Some fun recent in car video after trying to break my $50 trans (I wont fix it if it aint broke!) Wont make any more power- Im 95% sure its just floating the valves past 42-43 psi. 42-48psi netted nothing besides more fluid in the overflow. :) I guess this is the theoretical limit of Ev08 springs and standard ARP head studs.

Fucking nasty! Watched the "that racing channel" video too, good stuff.

Thanks! I wish the car was in better shape for that Vid, we literally only got one pull in because my MAP sensor exploded. The rest of the videos I took at home in Tijuana.

Sick. What is the $50 poo poo trans out of?

"Unknown" trans from a stock GSX at the shootout. I broke the previous trans at the shootout, and I got this one from the trade show area

:marc:Dyno Queen

Do I get a membership tot he club? :)

• 3 weeks later...

End of the year we kind to me. The $50 shootout trans is STILL HOLDING! Nuts.

Ended with a PB mph 9.8@159

And due to some botched launch settings, I did an endo!

Some street hits.

Official goals for 2019 are 160+ and 9.5et I would LOVE to see 165mph, be we'll see what happens.

• 4 months later...

oh shit. That thing is going to fly.

If you want to know about a factory tall-deck block that has a 9.83 deck height, I can point you in the right direction. Just pm me.

Im kicking myself passing on two dsms last year.

Edited by 10phone2

DONT lol! Its all smoke in mirrors! The Rods are "used"- bolted into a motor to realize he got the wrong ones LOL. 156mm Long- I am using "LR" pistons and a standard 2.0L crank- all stuff I had laying around.

can i sign up for your fan club?

All are welcome. :)

oh shit. That thing is going to fly.

If you want to know about a factory tall-deck block that has a 9.83 deck height, I can point you in the right direction. Just pm me.

I've got my 1G loosely for sale... ;)

God a killer deal on a set of Aluminum Rods so it looks like we are going to turn up until we run out of fuel for 2019. :)

Goals this year are 165+ and if I can actually get a to a 1/2 mile event, the elusive 200mph.

Whats the meaning of the 1,0,0,0 on the rods?

You're like the Burt Munro of the DSM world, JP. <3

I dig it! Still yet to see the movie tho

The Matt Happel of the DSM world

He's legit not ready for me.

If I showed up to one of his dyno days and lay'd down the DICK 15% of the internet that knows what "LS swap" means may implode.

Whats the meaning of the 1,0,0,0 on the rods?

Because 999HP just aint enough. ;)

I've got my 1G loosely for sale... ;)

I can guarantee it's out of my price range for beater. There were 3 awd dsm's that ran that were less than 2k that sold here in columbus. They may have been ugly as sin, but work had been done to them.

I can guarantee it's out of my price range for beater. There were 3 awd dsm's that ran that were less than 2k that sold here in columbus. They may have been ugly as sin, but work had been done to them.

One of the fastest local true DD's street DSMs up here is the most clapped out POS I tuned last year. Legit 3 different color body panels on the car. Kid is a good wrench but missed on a lot of the little tricks- First time he brought it to me, it barely ran and I gave him a laundry list of things to change or fix. He ended up dumping the car for $1500. I have the new owner the same fix it list and he brought it back for calibration. I stopped at 620whp to keep the stock block alive. :lolguy:

He actually brought it over last night. Rippin' on it EVERY DAY. He hung out int he garage for a few and then took it to a tity club a hour away after!

Still feels like a 140 MPH car. Smells like an armpit.