The Colt- V.3 "el Chapo"

coltboostin

Well there would have been a build thread- but with photobucket nuking everything, that will have to come later. This may be my fastest, sketchiest, and some how cheapest build to date.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIuQA1fMaDA&feature=youtu.be

We stopped around 670 awhp (Mustang heartbreaker) because it was spinning all 4. :lolguy:

You can see the sparks flying off the tires as it spins. Nutty!

The car was assembled with 100% shit I had laying around, and still needs a TON of finishing work.

See you guys at the track day. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So I know you aren't too big on the whole "Safety" thing with your custom built rocket ships but... what do they require to run at a half mile where you are likely to trap 180+?

Compared to what I need to run 150+ in the 1/4, its laughable.

http://www.bcspeedfest.com/rules-regulation/

Vehicles; 171mph-200mph....

Basically, a helmet and harness LOL

Compared to what I need to run 150+ in the 1/4, its laughable.

http://www.bcspeedfest.com/rules-regulation/

Vehicles; 171mph-200mph....

Basically, a helmet and harness LOL

Depends on what your willing to lose vs what is important. As you know priorities change in life.

I think either would be fun, but I'm leaning towards the 6266 and going some rounds. Of course I've never done a half mile and I'd likely get hooked if I did it, so in short I guess I'm no help.

There is appeal to both. We had a ton of fun running around and racing IFO in 05-07, but that was 10+ years ago My struggle is I've been to one IFO in 2 years, am I really going to make an effort to campaign now? My kids are 2 and 4, not a very good age to "enjoy" a track day and I already do a lot of extracurriculars during the summers

Depends on what your willing to lose vs what is important. As you know priorities change in life.

No one goes out there with the intention of dying. I wont do it without a cage, aero...ect- but what I am saying is its simply significantly cheaper to "qualify" for the speed. Nice thing about LSR is if you lose it, your typically spinning around a field- not bouncing off walls at the strip

• 2 months later...
I like that the turbo is the same size as the engine.

Isn't that how it should be?! :)

Great progress. To free up space, have you thought about putting the radiator under the trunk floor or if that even would work?

It would work great with proper ducting. I have though about it but I have it set up nice with an Audi radiator now. Everything fits pretty well. Will update with pics.

If I need more cooling my plan is to hack up 2 Audi Aluminum ebay cores and make one tall Radiator.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The bump here- 870awhp @ SCT Columbus. 9.7@157 with a soft 1.7 60 foot.

In the last few weeks, I wired in a BCS so I can add duty cycle though link to help keep the boost up top. While out testing the new controler, I lost my clutch pedal. Had to limp home rev matching!

Hydraulics checked out. Ended up being a broken pressure plate. Found a "bad twin" on craigslist I made work with some "creative adjustments" lol. More on that later.

So-went to a local import day at the track. same boost as last time out, just some duty cycle up top in 2nd, 3rd, 4th. It was HOT. about 90 deg.

Leave easy 1.7 60- have my BEST 1/8th mph 122- it holding boost..things look good- then BAG. Torquesteer?? Shifted 4th and kept on rollin' Went another 9.7x whis is remarkable considering I GRENADED my T case- in 3rd gear! LOL

IMG_20180708_144527384-XL.jpg

I pulled the T case and Driveshaft and was prepared to race in FWD, but a full oil down delayed things long enough that packed up and kept drinking beer.

IMG_20180708_144621370-XL.jpg

Colt1-X2.jpg

We had fun, and she drove into the garage under its own power, so no complaints here! Doubt I will be out again before the shootout since I have such a hectic work schedule next month.

I was wondering what happened. Saw another 9.7 car next to Dave in the order and wondered who it was. My first time at that track and managed my best of 10.5@143. Stock block life!

Yes for whatever reason they didnt put all names in the brackets.

Where you racing there? Which ones was yours homie?