Mandalay Bay Shooting

BStowers023

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayley Geftman, a top lawyer for CBS said she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican."

What a fucking disgusting piece of shit.

You and I can agree on that.

You and I can agree on that.

and she gets what's coming to her:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cbs-fires-legal-exec-las-vegas-1202578075/

In case you want to know the actual quote:

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often republican gun toters.”

I assume she was referencing sandy hook with the statement about children being murdered.

basiclly says "bitch got fired"

I posed the Variety link because they cover the entertainment industry and published the text of CBS's press release.

"This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS,” a CBS spokesperson said. “Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”

if your company calls you out as "deeply unacceptable" publicly it's basically a notice to the others in the industry that she is not to be hired because she is a liability. So basically her days as a lawyer in the media and entertainment industry are over.

I will add that although her title seems "impressive" most in-house counsel hold the rank of VP in their organizations. I doubt she was a true "higher-up" executive. She spent 2 other years at White Shoe firms in NYC so really before these comments she was a nobody (albeit, one with good credentials). To that end...this is all it needs to be, a shitty comment by a person who didn't think it through who paid the price for it and nothing more.

Brandon, and I am talking to you specifically, this is an indicator of a person of shitty character. Plenty exist regardless as to their political affiliation. Don't go building a soapbox against the whole of liberalism based on 1 person's extreme lack in judgement and character.

Brandon, and I am talking to you specifically, this is an indicator of a person of shitty character. Plenty exist regardless as to their political affiliation. Don't go building a soapbox against the whole of liberalism based on 1 person's extreme lack in judgement and character.

How about we ALL apply that logic to both sides. Just a suggestion.

At least the NFL is breathing a sigh of relief...something something knee something anthem...

That spotlight can get hot after awhile.

Kerry will take your suggestion under advisement. Do not expect him to change his trajectory.

First and foremost my thoughts and hopes go out to anyone affected. Hope everyone here's friends and family are safe. Such a tragic event that unfolded in our troubled country.

Very interested on more reports of the weaponry actually used. From the little I've heard the brother didn't even know he was into guns. I'd really be surprised if he had 10 class III weapons up there.

I'm almost leaning that it at least be easier for him to have 10 "bump-fire" systems running up there. That is one thing I could see them going after and actually banning.

They are never going to ban guns, or even semi-automatic guns. I'd be really surprised if they ever managed to restrict (nationally) a 30 round mag ban. But these bump-fire weapons where pretty sketchy when they came out. I was surprised the ATF let them pass.

Be interesting to see what he actually used...

Just read the comments at the bottom of the page. Its just dishearten's me to see the country like this. I want to time warp to the 50's.....

Just curious, why time warp back to the 50's? What was better then?

DJ for president.

Kerry will take your suggestion under advisement. Do not expect him to change his trajectory.

Clay for Secretary of used car purchasing.

First and foremost my thoughts and hopes go out to anyone affected. Hope everyone here's friends and family are safe. Such a tragic event that unfolded in our troubled country.

I think there are a lot more to the story. I stayed at Mandalay Bay before and it’s easily 500 meters away from the venue. Most rifles get sketchy with 300meters and beyond. Why there were two windows broken? There are just too many questions

I think there are a lot more to the story. I stayed at Mandalay Bay before and it’s easily 500 meters away from the venue. Most rifles get sketchy with 300meters and beyond. Why there were two windows broken? There are just too many questions

I thought about the distance as well...32 stories up and a block away.

However, he barely needs to aim anywhere but the mass of 30k people and start spraying bullets (assuming LR rounds). It's still lethal at that distance provided the group is tight enough.

Plus, he was high up enough that even after people reacted to the fact that something was going on (after a couple of minutes at least), I'm sure it was tough to tell where the firing was coming from.

Again, a terrible tragedy.

Ban fully automatic weapons, wait.....

I doubt they were full auto.

Hayley Geftman, a top lawyer for CBS said she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican."

What a fucking disgusting piece of shit.

Yup. Needs to die in a fire.

Wouldn't that be nice.

I'd really be surprised if he had 10 class III weapons up there.

I wish everyone would quit calling them Class III weapons. Class III is a type of Federal Firearms License for dealing in these weapons, which is also NOT required to own them as an individual. More correctly, they are Title II weapons and you can purchase them the same as you would with, say, a suppressor. It's some BS paperwork and A LOT OF MONEY (to do it legally, which I doubt he would have cared to do).

I think there are a lot more to the story. I stayed at Mandalay Bay before and it’s easily 500 meters away from the venue. Most rifles get sketchy with 300meters and beyond.

Huh? If he was using an AR or AK, which are the most likely choices, then their maximum range is MUCH further; like, miles. Quick ballistic calcs using a typical 55gr .223 traveling 3000fps puts its maximum range @ 1.8 miles with a terminal velocity of about 340fps. More than enough to do some damage if it hits you.

Useful range is usually until the round hits the transonic zone, wherein the bullet has a tendency to destabilize, which for this same round is a little over 600yd. It could still easily kill well beyond that though.

Listening to it, he was either using a binary trigger or one of those crank firing systems

My money is on crank fire. Watching various videos of this ordeal, you can hear quite a bit of variability in the cyclic rate, suggesting cranking at different speeds. Not very easy to wield, but clearly effective when pointing it at a large group of people who are boxed in and can't go anywhere.

I'd bet these devices come under some fire (no pun intended) when this whole thing plays out.

I've heard/seen about 8 different video/audio clips.

Sometimes the gun fire sounds like it has a perfect cadence as if it were full aut. Other times it seems to slow down too much to be an actual machine gun (might be crank/binary/bump). But then there are other times where the cadence is consistent and then slows down a little or sped up a little. I want to point out that it is completely normal for some Machineguns to vary a little. Most M16's with rifle length systems will start off slow and then speed up regarding ROF when you do a mag dump and the ejection pattern will move like a sprinkler. Also, an M60 (and maybe other belt Feds) can also have a varied ROF. Also, the pop from the echoes makes it hard to determine. And one definitely sounded like an AK. I'm very interested to see what guns he actually used as I heard there were 8-10.