Kia Stinger

RC K9

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a sports car? :confused:

It's a sports sedan. It's competition are the A5 sportback and the bmw 4 gran coupe. I think they are calling this new category fastback sedans because they have hatches that look like trunks, 4 doors, and are kind of sporty. Kia thinks of it as both a fastback sports sedan and a GT car (or so they say on their website).

you can thank the nissan maxima for blurring the lines with their "4 door sports car" marketing campaign, and BMW for actually making a 4 door sedan, the e34, that made midsize sedans as fun to drive as sports cars and therefore acceptable as sporty cars.

honestly, who cares that the labels are all mixed up. Corvettes haven't been "sports cars" since the 70's (they are GT cars like Aston Martins), sedans are now considered sporty, cats and dogs live together....

Personally I think the stinger needs a 6MT but it will never happen. I wonder how hard it will be to get a stripped down no option version with the 3.3L TT v6, my guess is very. I like Kia cars, probably more than I should, but this is a huge leap for them, I kinda want to see if they can pull it off in the first year.

meh, just get a 535i/xi

But that would be obvious. Not to mention, less hp and 5k more than the stinger.

I wonder how hard it will be to get a stripped down no option version with the 3.3L TT v6, my guess is very.

(Update: A Kia spokesperson responded with the 2018 Kia Stinger’s official pricing:

$31,900 for base Stinger 2.0T

$37,000 for Stinger Premium 2.0T

$39,000 for GT 3.3 T

$43,500 for GT1 3.3T

$49,500 for GT2 3.3 T

AWD $2,200 for all models

Destination $895

This is CR...NONE of you are paying over $30k for a Kia.

That being said, Randy Pobst cracked me up with his review of the Stinger and it does seem like a great platform. I've got a CTS-V that I'm going to drive into the ground so aside from the hatchback, I've already got everything the Stinger could offer me that I'd want (plus I have a stick :))

But that would be obvious. Not to mention, less hp and 5k more than the stinger.

(Update: A Kia spokesperson responded with the 2018 Kia Stinger’s official pricing:

$31,900 for base Stinger 2.0T

$37,000 for Stinger Premium 2.0T

$39,000 for GT 3.3 T

$43,500 for GT1 3.3T

$49,500 for GT2 3.3 T

AWD $2,200 for all models

Destination $895

Being that it's seeming like i'll be in TX for a LONG time to come, i'd probably opt for the RWD (as much as I LOVE turbo AWD). I already have a 4wd truck and an awd dsm, so i'd say screw the extra cost and weight. If I lived back in OH though, i'd probably opt for the AWD.

As opposed to 10:20am when they aren't?

I'm living the dream, baby!

You're also assuming my comment meant that people COULDN'T afford a $30k Kia, when I was implying my faith in this automotive community that, given $30k in cash or loan approval, my CR brethren would pick far better choices for their automotive conveyance. :burn:

If, however, you took my comment as squashing "dreams of a $30k RWD Stinger" as a negative, then yes...there is no hope left.

Is it just me or is Kia ripping off designs? This looks like a cheap A7/S7 clone. The new Sportage looks like a cheap Cayenne and the Sedona looks like a Chrysler.

That's how you stay cheaper than the competition, yet still draw sheeple with your progressive styling.

Taillights of the Optima a couple of years ago look like Audi A4's from a few years ago.