Kia Stinger

RC K9

which model? I've heard good things about the Forte (esp koup models) but man that Rio left a lot of salty people in it's wake.

Sorento SX. Optioned out with 4WD it was a 34k vehicle fresh off the lot. It's hard to argue with the value of them.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all about depreciation...genesis, equus, cadenza, and k900...can be had for great prices...anxious to drive a stinger

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Kia-K900-Premium-RWD/282782410205?epid=210717076&hash=item41d72525dd:g:IvkAAOSwyXNaSCby&vxp=mtr

Friend of mine is leasing a K900...it's unbelievable how much car he got for $400-something a month. Looking at the used market, without even trying, you can find a 400+hp 5.0L V8 with amazing content for less than $25k. These were $50-60k+ cars only 3 years ago!

without considering "Kia" emblem bias, I quite liked it.

the power transition was better than my expectation, sounded just good enough for a DD sports sedan, Brembos were nice 4P/2P combo. More than enough bells and whistles, driver assist, Hifi sound systems like Harman Kardon Quantum logic.. etc,

I drive a 7 series bmw for Daily myself, heated steering wheel and cooling seats worked much better than bmw.

Interior looked kind of missing something around AC vents with cheaper looking plastic.

I test drove 540i and Mercedez E400 (similar power range) right after Stinger and here is my opinion (strictly my personal opinion as a regular daily driver standpoint)

Compared to Mercedes E400

-Price tag was around around $75,000~ $84,000

-E400's tranny and power transition to Driver feedback weren't clicking well

-Dual Screen option interior looked amazing

-That's about it, would never pay that much for an E class

Compared to 540i M sports

-similar price tag to Mercedes

-much better power transition

-tighter suspension

-didn't like too much of interior, not much improvement from F10

Stinger 4banger starts around $30,000, GT starts out $40,000 range up to $52,000 for loaded GT2 option AWD.

You can get them RWD or AWD. They were running discounts and rebates which brought down from $52,000 to $48,000 right off the bet without negotiation.

Will I buy it?

Car itself is very fun to drive for a midsize sedan and For the price, you are comparing $75,000 car worth of performance/ options in the same segment compared to germans. I would still drive it over Japanese competition cars.

However, $50k is still high for me to justify buying a Kia. (not saying Kias are bad, but I just don't think their brand name value is up there yet)

I'm looking forward to Genesis G70 though (smaller version with same powertrain from hyundai) with better looking interior.

Hyundai, Kia have come a long way and there is no doubt their engineering and quality can stand beside JDMs.

They are also tapping into world class races with their N division, been killing TCR races with their I30 N car, I20 N WRC cars winning champions.

Maybe after 2 years or so when the price depreciates, I might consider it for a daily driver.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping i'll be in a position to pull the trigger on a used GT2 in a couple years.

without considering "Kia" emblem bias, I quite liked it.

the power transition was better than my expectation, sounded just good enough for a DD sports sedan, Brembos were nice 4P/2P combo. More than enough bells and whistles, driver assist, Hifi sound systems like Harman Kardon Quantum logic.. etc,

I drive a 7 series bmw for Daily myself, heated steering wheel and cooling seats worked much better than bmw.

Interior looked kind of missing something around AC vents with cheaper looking plastic.

I test drove 540i and Mercedez E400 (similar power range) right after Stinger and here is my opinion (strictly my personal opinion as a regular daily driver standpoint)

Compared to Mercedes E400

-Price tag was around around $75,000~ $84,000

-E400's tranny and power transition to Driver feedback weren't clicking well

-Dual Screen option interior looked amazing

-That's about it, would never pay that much for an E class

Compared to 540i M sports

-similar price tag to Mercedes

-much better power transition

-tighter suspension

-didn't like too much of interior, not much improvement from F10

Stinger 4banger starts around $30,000, GT starts out $40,000 range up to $52,000 for loaded GT2 option AWD.

You can get them RWD or AWD. They were running discounts and rebates which brought down from $52,000 to $48,000 right off the bet without negotiation.

Will I buy it?

Car itself is very fun to drive for a midsize sedan and For the price, you are comparing $75,000 car worth of performance/ options in the same segment compared to germans. I would still drive it over Japanese competition cars.

However, $50k is still high for me to justify buying a Kia. (not saying Kias are bad, but I just don't think their brand name value is up there yet)

I'm looking forward to Genesis G70 though (smaller version with same powertrain from hyundai) with better looking interior.

Hyundai, Kia have come a long way and there is no doubt their engineering and quality can stand beside JDMs.

They are also tapping into world class races with their N division, been killing TCR races with their I30 N car, I20 N WRC cars winning champions.

Maybe after 2 years or so when the price depreciates, I might consider it for a daily driver.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Kia-K900-Premium-RWD/282782410205?epid=210717076&hash=item41d72525dd:g:IvkAAOSwyXNaSCby&vxp=mtr

Friend of mine is leasing a K900...it's unbelievable how much car he got for $400-something a month. Looking at the used market, without even trying, you can find a 400+hp 5.0L V8 with amazing content for less than $25k. These were $50-60k+ cars only 3 years ago!

Hence why you should NOT buy one of these new!

K900 are very nice cars. They look really similar to the Cadenzas. Both are great choices for DD if you can stand the automatic transmission.

• 4 weeks later...

https://jalopnik.com/the-kia-stinger-gt-beasts-the-ford-mustang-gt-1823768217

not sure about this in light of the 11 second pass Hot rod made in a brandy new GT, but it looks like it might be a 15-17 model and they foot braked it (or sand bagged it) off the line.

Still....12 second kia. Wow.

To pile on the massive press the Stinger is getting these days...it's not the performance that surprises me...

https://jalopnik.com/the-awd-2018-kia-stinger-gt-will-leave-you-begging-for-1823658684

...it's that I learned you can get this thing in FUCKING YELLOW. (Yes, I think that's the factory option code for that color :lol:)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/727532018/overview/

...it's that I learned you can get this thing in FUCKING YELLOW. (Yes, I think that's the factory option code for that color :lol:)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/727532018/overview/

Kia is being really interesting with the colors. Every trim option has it's own color palate with the base model car only being available in black, white, or silver. The GTs get the full color palate, but oddly yellow isn't listed in the configurator. The yellow is actually sunset yellow and is a "limited edition" color on 400 units. There is also a 500 unit "Atlantica" dark blue limited edition but not sure if that is coming to the US.

In a really bold move, the GT in silver is only available with a red napa leather interior

I was behind a white one in Dublin on Friday...this might be one of those where pictures do the car better justice than IRL

It's funny, I saw my first one a few days ago in red and I had the opposite reaction. I thought the car looked better in person than in pictures. I think color makes a huge difference for this car.

https://jalopnik.com/the-kia-stinger-gt-beasts-the-ford-mustang-gt-1823768217

not sure about this in light of the 11 second pass Hot rod made in a brandy new GT, but it looks like it might be a 15-17 model and they foot braked it (or sand bagged it) off the line.

Still....12 second kia. Wow.

That's a euro model. Less power vs US model. Also, manual transmission vs auto. Street launch with shifting at 6500rpms too?

I'd expect a 13.0 at least :dumb:

• 2 weeks later...
Saw a red one the other day, looks great to me.

G70 has been looking purdy secksey to me lately too. Supposed to have a little stiffer suspension but less interior/cargo space than the Stinger.