Kia Stinger

RC K9

Not at all surprised. After seeing how quickly the 2.0 turbo optimas can pick up power, go figure a "performance" vehicle with a 3.3 twin turbo would make similar rapid gains given it's a lot more motor to start with.

I wonder if e85 and a tad more boost could get it to the 500whp mark.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see your $50k-60k KIA, and raise you...

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/730403305/overview/

A less-than-$28k, 10k mile 2015 KIA with 420hp and every option you could want. ;)

:eek: I had no idea these even existed lol. I just looked up the specs on them, not the greatest reviews but holds its own. Kia or not, I'd drive the piss out of it. :burn:

Essentially a Genesis R-spec-good power and nice cars, but fairly soft. pick up an r-spec for 15-20k...believe it is the same engine-430hp tau engine

My problem with the 1g Genesis is I know a coworker that had his BCM(engine/trans computer) take a shit at 120k-ish, and it was over $1500 just for the part. I couldn't find it cheaper online. He traded it on an Acura TL.

Made me weary of the chassis, and now I have a tough time seeing 1g Genesis on the roads these days. Hoping the newer ones don't fall into the same, Chrysler-esque problem of sensitive computer components crapping out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20x10-Silver-FLARE-Rims-fits-5x114-3-ET42-CB74-1-set-4-Concave/172802311260?fits=Model%3AK900&epid=2154175718&hash=item283bd2045c:g:Fi4AAOSwzXBZgKLN:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!43220!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Here are some baller-on-a-budget 20x10's to fill out the K900. You're all welcome. :lol:

My problem with the 1g Genesis is I know a coworker that had his BCM(engine/trans computer) take a shit at 120k-ish, and it was over $1500 just for the part. I couldn't find it cheaper online. He traded it on an Acura TL.

Made me weary of the chassis, and now I have a tough time seeing 1g Genesis on the roads these days. Hoping the newer ones don't fall into the same, Chrysler-esque problem of sensitive computer components crapping out.

$1,500 is nothing. Seriously. The Audi board is loaded with $3k, $5k and some with full $14k repairs and failures of transmission and differentials, etc. with plenty of issues starting at 40k miles. Germans...

Loved mine but I got rid of it for a reason and it wasn't just the $1k I had to put into it to fix things with less than 30k miles.

:megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta:

Never thought I would feel that way about a Kia but twin snail sleeper? C'mon!:zoom:

• 1 month later...

Way better option over Stinger IMO. If they were out and readily available in December I would have driven a fully loaded one and likely taken it home had the lease been strong. Key is definitely going to be how well they lease out.

Way better option over Stinger IMO. If they were out and readily available in December I would have driven a fully loaded one and likely taken it home had the lease been strong. Key is definitely going to be how well they lease out.

Based on what I've seen, if it was just me and my wife, I'd probably prefer the G70...however, we have kids, and we make at LEAST 1, if not 2 trips a year to OH and back, and the extra space of the Stinger would be utilized.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah. Wait until it's a few years old and the kinks have been worked out.

I did see two more this weekend. A blue one and a red one. They seem to be making more of an appearance on the streets around here lately.

Nah. Wait until it's a few years old and the kinks have been worked out.

I did see two more this weekend. A blue one and a red one. They seem to be making more of an appearance on the streets around here lately.

I've seen an older guy with white hair in a red one around Sawmill. He didn't want to play. Probably just an old dude driving a car not a real car enthusiast.

I've seen an older guy with white hair in a red one around Sawmill. He didn't want to play. Probably just an old dude driving a car not a real car enthusiast.

I was going to buy a Stinger in a year or two, but things came up to replace the Accord sooner. Ended up with Q50 (3.7). TBH, I will likely replace this in a few years with a newer Q50 red sport (3.0tt) over the Stinger. Just sayin.

Wait for mine, it's a lease :p

I have that problem with people in covettes down here. Old dude's in C7's don't want to show a 20yr old mitsu sh*tbox what's up, ha ha."

Hit me up when the time comes. Within the first month I'll slap a tune on it and make it into the baby godzilla it craves to be.

edit: just saw signature... you're already there :)

haha! I wouldn't say mine is a Baby Godzilla yet. Downpipes and an AMS Tune and it for sure would be. I've seen several that are at 480hp & 500/550tq with just pipes and a tune. That's more in line with what I was used to with a Dual Pulley set upon my Audi...not quite that high torque wise but she moved out for sure. The RS moves but not off the line like the Dual Pulley set up did.

for sure the motor really wants to run. Being a lease I'm not going to do a flash tune so I'm good with what she is for now. Surprises lots for sure. She's on-par to a little better than my S4 when it was at Stage II. I think she runs better up top than the S4 did at Stage II.

brfj0wcafogts60edmbx.jpg

Is it the overhead angle, or are the front fenders part of the entire side stamping???

255hp turbo, LSD, Brembo's and a stick...it's certainly not like Hyundai/Genesis isn't putting forth an admirable effort. I am NOT a fan of the front-angle pics of the G70, but the side profile looks more like an Alfa Romeo Giulia which is a great thing.

Overall with the Stinger/G70, I am impressed.

brfj0wcafogts60edmbx.jpg

Is it the overhead angle, or are the front fenders part of the entire side stamping???

you can see in the pic of you look close the flange they use to bolt the outer front fender to the inner front fender. I highly doubt they would make the front fenders a welded part of the chassis.