Resto Fox

88lx5oh

New project for the winter. Got this for my wife for our anniversary, she is fond of foxbody mustangs, and convertibles as well. 92 Mustang LX 5.0 summer special, only 2150 made of these. These came with a unique interior, white and black combo. White leather seats with black piping. Car has only 1 tiny spot of rust on bottom of passenger door, and it's just starting to bubble the paint. Zero rust everywhere else, truly amazing. Car is 100% stock down to the mufflers. Body is in decent shape, has a few dings here and there, that I will remedy. Interior is also in decent shape, I will be trying to make this a super clean cruiser.

Here are a few pics after I gave it a little love with the polisher, and wiped one of the seats down.

IMG_6987.jpg

IMG_6981.jpg

IMG_6989.jpg

IMG_6990.jpg

IMG_6991.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes! That is awesome :thumbup:

Leaving it stock? Is it auto or manual?

It won't stay stock, but keeping all stock parts. It will get every bushing replaced with energy suspension pieces, upgraded suspension all the way around, 5 lug conversion/rear disc brakes, and I'm going to try to stuff 11-14 mustang Brembos on the front. 18" wheels, a nice lowered stance, exhaust and maybe a cam just go the sound. The major tasks though will be pulling a lot of the stock parts off, sand blast, powder coat and reinstall. I'd love to keep it stock, but I want it to drive smoother/tighter than stock so it just feels better on the road. I'll replace every worn out part I can.

I'd really like to swap a 99-04 cobra irs in it, but hard to find and people want to much money for them.

It won't stay stock, but keeping all stock parts. It will get every bushing replaced with energy suspension pieces, upgraded suspension all the way around, 5 lug conversion/rear disc brakes, and I'm going to try to stuff 11-14 mustang Brembos on the front. 18" wheels, a nice lowered stance, exhaust and maybe a cam just go the sound. The major tasks though will be pulling a lot of the stock parts off, sand blast, powder coat and reinstall. I'd love to keep it stock, but I want it to drive smoother/tighter than stock so it just feels better on the road. I'll replace every worn out part I can.

I'd really like to swap a 99-04 cobra irs in it, but hard to find and people want to much money for them.

Solid. I dig it :cool:

Love this car. Congrats on a great pickup for a body style that will always be a fan-favorite.

Can you make the new 18" wheels be WHITE? :D

I wonder why Fox-bodies don't get more love? You want a simple, RWD chassis with a very robust aftermarket? You bought a CRESSIDA?!?! :lol: Kids these days...;)

I'm torn between trying to keep it very original, or doing a few customer touches I've always thought about in the last few years if I ever got another foxbody.

The top has 2 small holes in it, honestly doesn't really need replaced, but I'll probably do it anyhow. Thinking of switching it over to a black top as the wife isn't super fond of the white top.

The AC has been bypassed at it stopped working, but I plan on getting back in working order.

Foxbody mustangs are getting hard to find in good shape, and the prices keep going up, so I look at this as an investment.

Next purchase will be a SN95 4V Cobra, as I think those will sky rocket in price in the future.

I'm torn between trying to keep it very original, or doing a few customer touches I've always thought about in the last few years if I ever got another foxbody.

The top has 2 small holes in it, honestly doesn't really need replaced, but I'll probably do it anyhow. Thinking of switching it over to a black top as the wife isn't super fond of the white top.

The AC has been bypassed at it stopped working, but I plan on getting back in working order.

Foxbody mustangs are getting hard to find in good shape, and the prices keep going up, so I look at this as an investment.

Next purchase will be a SN95 4V Cobra, as I think those will sky rocket in price in the future.

Either direction you take it you will profit a little if you hold onto it for a while.

And let's be honest you don't give two scoops of raisins.

Looks great, super clean!

To get it very 'tight' do you need to do more than just suspension parts; do you have to do any frame modification, support given it's a fox body (flexy) vert (flexy)?

I doubt I'll have to do much bracing, but depending what pops up at the right price some braces may be purchased. Doing all new poly bushing over the entire car should make an incredible difference in it self.