Going home

DKilbourne

Well, I've been in the Columbus area since 1988 and I have been offered a job in Solon. I will be staying in Akron, where I was born and spent 7 years of my life. I will miss being local, but life has taken me back to where it all started. Hell, maybe I will finally meet JP the colt master...haha. The good news is that there is a drive in right around the corner from where I will be that has cruise ins regularly. I will also have to call Norwalk and 42 my home tracks now too :)

It's been fun and who knows, maybe I will be back in town someday. Only time will tell.

Guys, it's 2017...Cleveland is pretty much a suburb of Columbus by now! :lol: Think of other cities like Chicago, NYC, DC, LA....it can take 2 hours just to commute to work each way, every day!

Sad to have another guy leave the area, but good to know you're still in Ohio. There will always be a slot for car shenanigans here on CR for you! :) Best of luck in Akron!

Well, I've been in the Columbus area since 1988 and I have been offered a job in Solon.

Good times... If you don't mind sharing, who with? Grew up in B'ville-BHeights (kirks5oh was one year ahead of me) and living in Solon now :)

I do not envy your commute.

60 hours a month & more in the winter. He'll be ok, Akron to Solon isn't bad as long as he stays away from the 271/480 interchange. There are quite a few members up this way too.

Edited by Dammit Charlie
Trying to not highjack thread.

60 hours a month & more in the winter. He'll be ok, Akron to Solon isn't bad as long as he stays away from the 271/480 interchange. There are quite a few members up this way too.

Ya... One you get past the diamond, Rt 8 from Akron to Macedonia is pretty nice. However, the 480-271 construction is a nightmare if you hit it at the wrong time, so I'd suggest once you get to Macedonia, you take Rt 82 east over to 91 north, and use that to finish the drive in.

Ya... One you get past the diamond, Rt 8 from Akron to Macedonia is pretty nice. However, the 480-271 construction is a nightmare if you hit it at the wrong time, so I'd suggest once you get to Macedonia, you take Rt 82 east over to 91 north, and use that to finish the drive in.

OMG last week I was in Streetsboro for a business meeting and Waze made me go 480W to 271N to get back to Columbus. It was a standstill for 30 minutes, THEN I had to get off to take an overpass, reentering 271S for moar traffic. I should've taken the Turnpike.

I think my dried blood is still all over the steering wheel from smashing my face against it. :doh:

Guys, it's 2017...Cleveland is pretty much a suburb of Columbus by now! :lol: Think of other cities like Chicago, NYC, DC, LA....it can take 2 hours just to commute to work each way, every day!

!

It Legit took me 3+ hours to get from Pomona to santa Monica a few years back. About 30 miles. Would have been better off biking LOL

OMG last week I was in Streetsboro for a business meeting and Waze made me go 480W to 271N to get back to Columbus. It was a standstill for 30 minutes, THEN I had to get off to take an overpass, reentering 271S for moar traffic. I should've taken the Turnpike.

I think my dried blood is still all over the steering wheel from smashing my face against it. :doh:

Yeah I always look at the map before I follow GPS sometimes it will def give you the SHAFT

My interview was last Friday at 8am, so I got to test out the drive. I went up rt 8 after seeing the massive amount of red on the gps map around 271/480. Then I heard that the construction through there made it aweful. Looks like rt 8 for me. It took me about 45 minutes to get there. Traffic was heavy, but moving along well.

OMG last week I was in Streetsboro for a business meeting and Waze made me go 480W to 271N to get back to Columbus

WTF is up with that??? Unless you enabled "Avoid Toll Roads," the best way from Streetsboro is 80W > 77S > 271S > 71S