Anyone into bitcoins?

Jewtoys

At this price $.60 there are better coins out there with actual applications.

Thats what I got from some quick reading.

I decided since I was not working and just doing market testing today I'd follow dogecoin with some paper trades and so far its not working out great for me. That one I posted the chart on made me 1%, but I'll call that one luck as the chart hasn't moved predictably since and today is feeling like forex to me and if it was real I'd be at 0 or -1% so far. This is just using Yahoo's charts as my TD ameritrade accounts don't do crypto so I can't get good charts up for any of it.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I got from some quick reading.

I decided since I was not working and just doing market testing today I'd follow dogecoin with some paper trades and so far its not working out great for me. That one I posted the chart on made me 1%, but I'll call that one luck as the chart hasn't moved predictably since and today is feeling like forex to me and if it was real I'd be at 0 or -1% so far. This is just using Yahoo's charts as my TD ameritrade accounts don't do crypto so I can't get good charts up for any of it.

market between now and the weekend with elon hitting the tv will be hard to get decent data from. Im curious to see what it roughly balances at next tuesday-wednesday. that said i left 1,000 coins in at a average just under .61 to see what might happen after the debute on snl

market between now and the weekend with elon hitting the tv will be hard to get decent data from. Im curious to see what it roughly balances at next tuesday-wednesday. that said i left 1,000 coins in at a average just under .61 to see what might happen after the debute on snl

What's he doing on SNL? I don't think it's Elon's style to be involved in some shady insider trading stuff but makes you wonder if he didn't accumulate for months and is now selling to the Robinhooders.

If it creeps anywhere close to $10, I am pretty well set. I could yank out now and finish building a pretty bad ass race car though. It cost me nothing to hang onto it so I may ride it out and see where it goes.

Do I think it will hit $10? Hard to tell really, again $0.01 was a pipe dream when I bought it, which I did mainly as a joke at the time. Never thought we would be here.

If it creeps anywhere close to $10, I am pretty well set. I could yank out now and finish building a pretty bad ass race car though. It cost me nothing to hang onto it so I may ride it out and see where it goes.

Do I think it will hit $10? Hard to tell really, again $0.01 was a pipe dream when I bought it, which I did mainly as a joke at the time. Never thought we would be here.

Myself I ain't betting on it soon. My brain tells me the hype will run it's course at least for the short term. It could get to $10 if it did it very fast but eventually people will move on to something else and it will normalize and then gain slowly for a time until it either becomes permanent as a currency or fades into history. The huge gains come and go if you look at a 10 year bitcoin chart you'll see what I mean and the run could be slowing down soon if not already I guess we'll see what SNL brings.

All it will take is another stock to make the headlines and everyone will jump ship. The job for us is too know what that stock is now before everyone else hehe lol.

People said GME would hit 1000 and even 10000 too because it was going up forever lol.

Have to remember I'm not an investor and typically don't look beyond the daily charts except for some basic price direction for my daily moves. I find I'm good at predicting the next 5-10 minutes and not so good at daily weekly stuff.

It cost me nothing to hang onto it so I may ride it out and see where it goes.

Hard to tell really, again $0.01 was a pipe dream when I bought it, which I did mainly as a joke at the time. Never thought we would be here.

This is the same thought that everyone I know in Doge has though. "Let it ride since it was cheap early and hopefully it'll be as big as Bitcoin!!!" What happens when the long term investors are the only ones left and there's no hype to keep driving it forward?

This is the same thought that everyone I know in Doge has though. "Let it ride since it was cheap early and hopefully it'll be as big as Bitcoin!!!" What happens when the long term investors are the only ones left and there's no hype to keep driving it forward?

They call them bag holders, sometimes if you hold long enough it pays off but most don't have the patience for that.

They call them bag holders, sometimes if you hold long enough it pays off but most don't have the patience for that.

Almost everyone I know in Doge got in early so they are in for the long haul. Most have cashed out what they originally put in but that's nothing compared to the "value" they are currently sitting on.

People said GME would hit 1000 and even 10000 too because it was going up forever lol.

Made good money on the dip after the first peak. Bought GME when it crashed around $40 and sold when it got back up to $300. All it cost to buy was some DOGE, that I turned around and reinvested on a dip. The last year has been very good for investing if you can follow it close enough.

I've been seeing some good things about Ethereum seems like it's technology is more future proof than some. I'm no expert and I don't plan to put money on it at this point though I might if I see a pull back from the current hype. I also saw some news that they picked up some bigger players and do expect growth over the next year.

I've been seeing some good things about Ethereum seems like it's technology is more future proof than some. I'm no expert and I don't plan to put money on it at this point though I might if I see a pull back from the current hype. I also saw some news that they picked up some bigger players and do expect growth over the next year.

Ethereum is solid. It’s the flat form for new coins to be developed.

I wasn't able to watch things yesterday, I was out on a bigger job all day. I'm back in my seat this morning. Last night I was reading a little about crypto mining the other currencies. I've looked into it over time as its something I've always been interested in on the nerd side of things. Anyone doing it still? I have several old servers that run 24/7 anyway so I could put them to work on something, I usually have them doing numbers for the World Grid projects doing medical research.

As I understand it it requires way to much electricity to be effective these days without serious processing power however maybe there is currencies it would be effective with since I was reading that not all are as complicated as bitcoin. IDK, just letting my nerd out for a bit.

I dappled into mining bitcoin and ethereum back in 2017. My bitcoin miners were bitmain ASIC S9, and my ethereum were custom built with 12 graphic cards. They were noisy and consumed a lot of energy, we were paying $1200 a month on electricity, lol. When bitcoin tanked, I sold them off for 1/10 what I paid.

You can buy some bitmain S9 for cheap, about $300, and you can earn about $3-5 a day with it. That how I would start.

In case anyone is interested TD Ameritrades trading platform, "Think or Swim" is totally free and is one of the best platforms for trading unless you move to something custom. They have a paper money option which is very useful for testing and learning and it's real time data though you have to request access to that data via a support ticket.

I use it for my scalping/day trading and It's way overkill for long term investing. They also have a mobile version which is very detailed.

I signed up on a crypto trading platform however I don't have the balls to try to scalp it and unfortunately there wouldn't be any money in it anyway, no where near enough volume to make money on the spread. That's one of the reasons you see the charts make huge gaps every few days, someone tries to buy or sell a large volume and drives the price up or down. I just don't have experience or luck with swing trades so I stick with what I know lol.

At least this creates a situation where one could find a bottom and get in long. I've been involved with trading for over 20 years and something that still seems amazing to me is that for every buy there had to be a sale so two different people can look at a stock and see different outcomes. This is making it seem simple because there is still other variables but it's still fascinating. Luckily the buyer and seller don't know each other and market makers move the internal pieces around for us.

I learned never to average down as well especially if something had a big run and I bought at the top because you can expect the price to settle mostly to where it was before the run if there was no fundamental reason for higher value.

I've been surprised that a top richest person in the world, Elon Musk, would bother himself with market manipulation. I like the guy and his SpaceX and Tesla ideas and follow them very closely. I guess maybe he's seeking attention, though that's kind of crazy and could land him in hearings at the minimum and some jail time at worst.

Maybe he's going for the biggest loss in a stock ever for the LOLs?

Seems like all the news in the past 5 days has been to prop up the prices. I wouldn't be surprised if someone huge has been unloading to bag holders.

If the most recent sideways price action would have happened without all the news then I'd say we have found bottom, however the decline was news driven by Musk, Cuban, China and then firms so my gut feeling is we haven't reached bottom and will see further decline through the next month or two as summer rolls in and naturally slows the markets.