Anyone into bitcoins?

Jewtoys

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

However, as an investor I've made some substantial money on bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin. I took profits out, but have kept a considerable amount in all three for the long term. At this point, I think everyone should own at least one bitcoin, but time will tell.

How are you looking today? Ready to buy a Chiron I bet. :)

https://news.yahoo.com/dogecoin-price-quadruples-elon-musk-142536342.html

Mr Musk has frequently shared dogecoin-related memes on Twitter during its latest months-long price rally, which typically prompt its price to surge even further.

This phenomenon reportedly led to concern from US regulators, with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) currently rumoured to be investigating Mr Musk.

“I hope they do!” he tweeted in February. “It would be awesome.”

With the mention of some of the big boys creating their own currencies, it worries me where all these are gonna go. Obviously Bitcoin was heading in the right direction and at this point is probably to big to fail. I'm not sure how I feel about an apple currency or any other because this is a currency we're talking about, not something like a "personal assistant" comparing these to Alexa, or Siri and making their own isn't really that good of an idea and there's really not room for a ton of them just like the Bixbi assistant samsung tried (LOL).

It's basically a meme currency and doesn't really stand a shot at being legit, right? but the 500% swings would make for a fun ride

I heard it was made as a joke, but its got a market capitalization of $30 billion. My personal opinion bases only on its chart tells me its still gonna lose value over its high for the next few weeks/months, but this would be a very good case of a completely unpredictable stock in that any silly news could push a bunch of noobs into it en mass and cause a temporary spike, but I think its done as far as a huge run goes for now. Chart is a classic head and shoulders pattern so it normally would mean its gonna settle in for a while and then if its got an merit it will continue to grow over time once the short term guys churn out and the currency develops.

It's basically a meme currency and doesn't really stand a shot at being legit, right? but the 500% swings would make for a fun ride

absolutely, not a good time to be greedy but if buying at 20 cents and selling for 30-35 there are gains to be had for a cheap entry

Can anyone tell me what has happened to Dogecoin in the past month that warranted the price to go from about 0.05 cents to a mid 30 cent range? If it was just some stupid news and meme shit on social media then nothing has changed and the price will settle back to near 0.05. If there was a real change to the company, ie major news of more acceptance, ie a country adopting it in laws or Walmart accepting it as a method of payment then that would be a quantifiable change and the price will probably settle below where its at now, but still better than 0.05 for the future.

Right now a lot of the trading is from stimulus checks or other disposable income like tax returns so you have to factor that into any current prices. Its actually kinda sad how these things go up at the same time as the free money flow and its a way for the wolves to take the money from the under informed.