Looking for a new job: 10+ Years of IT Experience

Rally Pat

Hey everyone. I have been in my current job for about 7 years, and I loved it here. I actually worked here back in 2007 as an intern, and came back the second they had a job opening. Then our company was sold in December 2016. There have been many layoffs, including half of our team about a week ago, and I really don't feel safe here anymore, not to mention that there really is no where for me to grow.

My degree is in Network Engineering type stuff (switches/routers/VoIP/etc) and management, but for the last 10 or so years I have been doing more higher tier end user regular IT support (Imaging/Break-Fix/Inventory Management/Mobile Device Setup and Management/Technological Advancement). If anyone has any advice, direction, job openings, or the like I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time!

Have you signed up on Indeed.com yet? There's tons of IT jobs out there. I'm in the market as well and have applied to several jobs. It's tough out there. I have probably applied to at least 25 the past couple months and have only received a response from 1, which they went with someone else.

If you would get a severance package if they were to lay you off, if you love the company and your job that much, I'd stick it out and take the severance.

How far removed from the networking stuff are you, what platforms are you comfortable with on the networking side and what certs have you obtained.

We've got a support group here but because we are an infrastructure provider our support really stops at the desktop / user level where it seems you have most of your experience is focused.

I'm on the build / delivery side of the organization.

How far removed from the networking stuff are you, what platforms are you comfortable with on the networking side and what certs have you obtained.

We've got a support group here but because we are an infrastructure provider our support really stops at the desktop / user level where it seems you have most of your experience is focused.

I'm on the build / delivery side of the organization.

C'mon, Andy, just give him our website :p

• 4 weeks later...