All new 2019 RAM 1500

Mallard

The new RAM has it, not sure about F150. They're all optional, so you don't have to pay for them if you don't want them, but the luxury pickup is probably here to stay. If the OEM's want to charge $70-100k for a truck they need to make it worth it. Though I will disagree that Blind Spot is a frivolous feature, especially when it can detect along-side a trailer you're towing.

There are base work trucks, more mainstream Big Horns, "off-road" Rebels, and luxed up Limited/Longhorns. Each has their own price point an option packages, so no one is forced to pay for an option they don't want.

I should also add, the RAM also has an available 19 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system, and the 12" touchscreen matches the resolution of the iPhone 8's retina HD display.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I disagree, but it isn’t a truck specific problem. It’s an industry problem with the way they package features. I don’t want leather or other crap just to get Bluetooth connectivity for my phone.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mallard, do you go to EJS in Moab with the FCA crew?
No, I'm not lucky enough for that. Those are mostly brand guys and product design office.
I disagree, but it isn’t a truck specific problem. It’s an industry problem with the way they package features. I don’t want leather or other crap just to get Bluetooth connectivity for my phone.
I get what you are saying and I agree. Sometimes the way things are bundled don't seem to make sense, other times there's a good reason. At least for your specific example, I think every radio/RAM will have Bluetooth.

Went to the auto show today and there were no new Silverado's on the show floor, only locked up on the turn tables. Ill reserve judgement on the Silverado's interior quality until I can get in one, but I do think that the RAM is at the top of the class in the quality of materials being used, but I do recognize that we only had 2 trucks open and they were highly optioned models. I can't say how well it compares in a base truck.

It's still quite disappointing that an "all new" 2019 truck doesn't have the features of their competitors, like Blind Spot Detection for one.

I get that other features, like Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist may be seen as more of a GMC feature instead of Chevy, which hasn't been introduced yet and Ford and RAM don't have a two model strategy. However, with RAM 1500 within spitting distance of passing the Silverado in sales, I expected them to come out with something better.

Features that both Ford F150 and RAM 1500 offer that GM doesn't (on any truck so far):

Blind Spot Detection with trailer coverage

Rear Cross Path Detection

Lane Keep Assist

Adaptive Cruise Control

Automatic Emergency Braking

Surround View Cameras

Active Park Assist

Power Deployable Running Boards

Flat load floor

That's not correct,....GM offers all of that stuff except the 360-camera. What they don't have and should have had for the last 4-years+ is the smart key with push button start.

That's not correct,....GM offers all of that stuff except the 360-camera. What they don't have and should have had for the last 4-years+ is the smart key with push button start.
Not on Silverado

I’m sure the backup trailer package is bundled with a bunch of frivolous crap such that it will push the price of a “plain work truck” out of reach for many.

The people who actually use their truck for work dont need that feature. Im guessing its for the mall crawlers who block the entire boat ramp in the summer.

For fucks sake, I'll never understand what is so difficult about backing a trailer up.

The people who actually use their truck for work dont need that feature. Im guessing its for the mall crawlers who block the entire boat ramp in the summer.

For fucks sake, I'll never understand what is so difficult about backing a trailer up.

This. I guess it would be cool to have a backup camera at work to make hooking up a chipper or trailer by yourself a one time go everytime but not necessary.

You show me a truck that's used for work and I'll show you one whose 700$ chrome bumper is dented to shit and the tailgate is pushed in...

But in all seriousness your right those features really aren't ment for the commercial side as much as the suburban dad trailering his boat bit they can help either way. A good friend worked for Brickman and was the only one of like 20 guys who was allowed to tow the loader because the others hit stuff too much and while I get it that's the cheap world of landscaping, every landscaper has a truck and a trailer.

Also I can tell you from experience the 2500 Cummins fully loaded with heated seats, leather, nav and tech packs aren't selling to the suburbs. They are selling to corporations, oil companies, municipalities, utility companies, builders, etc

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I disagree, I used to pull a trailer for work often. The only other option I wanted was Bluetooth for the phone because company policy requires hands free.

Saw them all in Detroit yesterday, f150 looks best, then ram, then a country mile, then I guess tundra then titan, then 2 miles, then silverado.

:lolguy:

Some people just choose to not try/learn how.