E-town, Well this blows.

Geeto67

http://www.etownraceway.com/

http://www.etownraceway.com/mydocuments/nappfamilyrestructure.pdf

Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, the Napp family owned and operated business announced today a reorganization of the company’s business operations. To achieve this goal, Raceway Park will no longer conduct quarter mile or eighth mile drag racing events effective immediately. Raceway Park will retain and use the “stadium” portion of the facility including the VIP hospitality tower and grandstands and continue most of its operations including the spring and fall auto swap meets, numerous car shows, both motocross racing and practice, kart racing, as well as drifting, a full schedule of road course activities, mud runs, monster truck shows, musical concerts, & festival events and more.

The long standing Old Bridge Township Airport, owned and operated by Raceway Park will also continue to operate as normal.

This makes me really sad, E-town was my home track after Westhampton closed, and was a real first class facility. As a kid, dad took me to the summernationals and supernationals here every year till I was 17. This breaks my heart.

Word on the street is that the neighbors also bitched enough to have an absurd curfew put on the drag racing.

Maybe bitched = gave enough money

The dumb ass people that built houses around the track played a part, but not as much as the money from Copart. The kids that run the track now are complete idiots so it was only a matter of time before the track died anyway.

At that amount of easy money, you would be stupid to not take it. Plus they will still have other revenue streams coming in that aren't as expensive as the drag strip to run PLUS they are going to turn the track itself into a concert venue so they will still make money.

I dunno, the neighbors have been bitching for 20+ years, it’s never made a difference. They shouldn’t have built houses next to what used to be a rural NJ dragstrip. Plus they are keeping motocross, drifting, auto-x, monster trucks, water skiiing and the airport alive and all that generates as much noise as the drag racing.

E-town has been struggling with the new safety stuff for a while because it is such an old track. It’s because of Scott Kalitta’s death there that top classes run 1000 feet instead of a full 1/4. They probably got their insurance bill for 2018, saw it was significantly higher and not going to be profitable, and took the better offer of parking cars.

The dumb ass people that built houses around the track played a part, but not as much as the money from Copart. The kids that run the track now are complete idiots so it was only a matter of time before the track died anyway.

At that amount of easy money, you would be stupid to not take it. Plus they will still have other revenue streams coming in that aren't as expensive as the drag strip to run PLUS they are going to turn the track itself into a concert venue so they will still make money.

I hate to see tracks that are doing fine shut down. What's to stop other tracks from going the same way?

Sounds pretty good to me. Commons sense and good business sense.