Geeto67's Political Playground

zeitgeist57

I voted for him and will do it again. The left and media (one and the same) keep telling me how shitty of a president he is. I don't see it. I haven't seen him do anything that's made this country worse off than it was the previous 8 years....no matter how much people try to convince me otherwise.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for him and will do it again. The left and media (one and the same) keep telling me how shitty of a president he is. I don't see it. I haven't seen him do anything that's made this country worse off than it was the previous 8 years....no matter how much people try to convince me otherwise.

That's because it isn't worse off. It's all a big show and people like Greg and Kerry will scratch and claw and write 1,000 paragraphs telling you how horrible of a President he is all the while your quality of life has not changed or if anything, has gotten better. Thanks economy. Oh wait, Trump and his administration have nothing to with the economy but everything to do with anything negative that happens. That's the agenda, that's the game, thanks for playing.

That's because it isn't worse off. It's all a big show and people like Greg and Kerry will scratch and claw and write 1,000 paragraphs telling you how horrible of a President he is all the while your quality of life has not changed or if anything, has gotten better. Thanks economy. Oh wait, Trump and his administration have nothing to with the economy but everything to do with anything negative that happens. That's the agenda, that's the game, thanks for playing.

To be fair, neither of you are in the demographic where any short term changes would impact. You aren't women, you aren't minorities, you aren't immigrants, you aren't receiving public assistance, you have health insurance etc...I can see how you look are around your life and say, yep the wallpaper is still the same color so everything must still be alright.

Dude's been in office for 1 year, most policies take several years to fully implement and take effect so if you are expecting instant change you aren't really going to see it. Look at his tax plan for example - you aren't going to feel the full effects of it until tax season 2019. we won't know if it was good for america or bad till at least 2020 (although those good at math aren't making positive long term noises).

I don't think either of you see the bigger picture here and are looking at the extrapolated harm that is coming. Look at the approach to the environment - all climate change initiatives have been rolled back and we are not working on innovating in this area. The entire world is going to leave the US behind in this regard because they are continuing to move forward. I don't know about you guys but I like clean air and clean water, and I like that the last 30 years of progress in this area means that stuff is a lot better than when I was a kid. I do not want to see a backslide. Is it immediately bad? nope. Is bad coming? yes. how much? that all depends on whether someone else (like a democratic congress) comes in and puts a stop to the ongoing harm.

but please, by all means, keep those heads in the sand. I hear sand is a good filter for polluted water.

To be fair, neither of you are in the demographic where any short term changes would impact. You aren't women, you aren't minorities, you aren't immigrants, you aren't receiving public assistance, you have health insurance etc...I can see how you look are around your life and say, yep the wallpaper is still the same color so everything must still be alright.

he hasn't fucked any of the above. If anything the previous administration fucked them; where they stand today proves it.

Dude's been in office for 1 year, most policies take several years to fully implement and take effect so if you are expecting instant change you aren't really going to see it. Look at his tax plan for example - you aren't going to feel the full effects of it until tax season 2019. we won't know if it was good for America or bad till at least 2020 (although those good at math aren't making positive long term noises).
Initial responses appear positive. To all those making noise about the future, instead of bitching they should be helping fix the rest of the levers that also need adjusted to prevent any of their visions of doom and gloom.

I don't think either of you see the bigger picture here and are looking at the extrapolated harm that is coming. Look at the approach to the environment - all climate change initiatives have been rolled back and we are not working on innovating in this area.
likewise, when those environmental regulations were put in place, clearly those making those decisions didn't look at the longer term impact on the other levers such as business and the economy and the harm there that was coming. The previous group was way to anti-business and hurt our growth. that was very evident simply by looking at what the results were.

The entire world is going to leave the US behind in this regard because they are continuing to move forward. I don't know about you guys but I like clean air and clean water, and I like that the last 30 years of progress in this area means that stuff is a lot better than when I was a kid. I do not want to see a backslide. Is it immediately bad? nope. Is bad coming? yes. how much? that all depends on whether someone else (like a democratic congress) comes in and puts a stop to the ongoing harm.
I don't see a landslide of doom coming. I don't see the Cuyahoga River burning in the near future. We'll be fine. Edited by TTQ B4U

Where are those people being fucked?

Dude's been in office for 1 year, most policies take several years to fully implement and take effect so if you are expecting instant change you aren't really going to see it. Look at his tax plan for example - you aren't going to feel the full effects of it until tax season 2019. we won't know if it was good for america or bad till at least 2020 (although those good at math aren't making positive long term noises).

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/125000-disney-employees-to-receive-1000-cash-bonus-company-launches-new-50-million-education-program.html

And they aren't the only ones...

I don't think either of you see the bigger picture here and are looking at the extrapolated harm that is coming. Look at the approach to the environment - all climate change initiatives have been rolled back and we are not working on innovating in this area. The entire world is going to leave the US behind in this regard because they are continuing to move forward. I don't know about you guys but I like clean air and clean water, and I like that the last 30 years of progress in this area means that stuff is a lot better than when I was a kid. I do not want to see a backslide. Is it immediately bad? nope. Is bad coming? yes. how much? that all depends on whether someone else (like a democratic congress) comes in and puts a stop to the ongoing harm.

but please, by all means, keep those heads in the sand. I hear sand is a good filter for polluted water.

How much have we been funding versus let's say China in regards to the environment? Who pollutes more? Who carries the burden here?

so we can't feel or see the negative changes because it hasn't been long enough but the left can? I don't really like to get into these arguments because they're a massive waste of time and energy. I'll do my arguing at the polls. I will say that the left and media has never given the guy a chance from day 1. Sometimes in order to right the wrongs tough decisions need to be made and things need to be said that are unpleasant to hear. Seems he's the only president I've seen in my lifetime that has the balls to do it and he's getting blasted for it. The left has all the answers....well....they have their answers that the rest of us are supposed to just blindly follow. No thanks.

so we can't feel or see the negative changes because it hasn't been long enough but the left can?

Short term "small" impacts don't really reach your demographic, of if they did you may not have known because it wasn't covered in the media. Longer policy decisions take time to implement and nobody is feeling the effects yet. Has nothing to do with the left "feeling" it more unless you count all women, minorities, and immigrants as "the left" (hint: they aren't).

In terms of the left "feeling them", well that really comes down to partisian positions on the issues. If you are conservative, I don't really think you are going out of your way to read a lot about the projected effects of pulling out of the Paris accord is in detail because global warming isn't important to you. If you are on the left, you are probably reading a lot about it and adding to the noise. Again part of the partisan divide right now is a lot of people maintaining their own bubble.

I will say that the left and media has never given the guy a chance from day 1

They never gave anybody a chance. It's not their job. President's earn their chances. W was crucified in the media because of the Florida election issues and the supreme court but was "saved by 9/11. Backlash against Obama began on day 1 of his presidency (including trump calling for his birth certificate and the press covering that nonsense). None of this is new, Kennedy was savaged in the press over voter fraud allegations in the 1960 election, and I'm sure you have seen the "Dewey beats Truman" headline photograph in the history books.

It's not the "media's" job to give anybody a "chance", it's their job to report newsworthy events and this dope has a lot of them. So many in fact it may actually be a strategy to keep other smaller things out of the news. His attacking the press doesn't help because it just strengthens their resolve to report.

Sometimes in order to right the wrongs tough decisions need to be made and things need to be said that are unpleasant to hear. Seems he's the only president I've seen in my lifetime that has the balls to do it and he's getting blasted for it. The left has all the answers....well....they have their answers that the rest of us are supposed to just blindly follow. No thanks.

There is a difference between something being accurate and unpleasant to hear, and something being false and unpleasant to hear. He has a mixture of both which makes him such a controversial figure. What I don't hear is solutions or plans to fix. I'm not really into rhetoric that just shits on one group and then says "we are going to fix it" without an articulated well thought out plan. And when a plan comes through it's obvious it was made up on the spot.

My grandma said quasi bigoted shit about groups of people too when she was alive, and I loved my grandma - but you bet your ass I wouldn't have asked her to develop a foreign immigration policy. Just because someone endears themselves to you by saying "the hard stuff" you agree with but can't say yourself, doesn't mean they have an answer.

I mean, Trump's "day 1" activities included a travel been targeting a religion (by his own campaign claims), which has done fuck all to make us safer, cost taxpayers money by spawning dozens of court cases, was executed in a completely moronic manner, and seriously ruined the lives of refugees from the targeted countries, most of whom had been on waiting lists for years and jumped through all kinds of hoops, only to be told at the 11th hour to get fucked.

Why shouldn't I criticize that sort of repugnant activity? Because he did it early on in his presidency? Because I'm not personally affected by the travel ban?

"But greg," you can say, "I like the travel ban." Well then, fuck you for liking it, but fuck you too for suggesting that I should give that asshole a chance after that. I'm entitled to my opinion on his actions.

Where are those people being fucked?

ok, here is some but by no means a comprehensive list:

Women:

- Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order: Trump eliminated a requirement for federal contractors to provide employees with basic information about their pay, including hours worked, overtime earnings, and any pay deductions. Such information is critical for all workers—particularly women, who are more likely to work in hourly jobs—to ensure that they are being paid what they have earned. Trump also made it easier for federal contractors with chronic violations of sex discrimination and other employment laws to keep getting federal funding

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/trump-just-revoked-protections-women-workplace/

https://womenintheworld.com/2017/04/04/trumps-revocation-of-fair-pay-order-leaves-women-vulnerable-to-workplace-abuse/?refresh

- Overtime rule:

Trump delayed the Obama administration’s overtime rule, which would have given 3.2 million women the right to overtime pay. Single mothers and women of color—who experience some of the largest pay disparities—would have seen the greatest benefit from the rule

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/26/539438892/labor-department-starts-to-roll-back-obama-overtime-rule

- Federal Hiring Freeze: Trump’s federal hiring freeze forced at least two military bases to suspend enrollment at military child care facilities when they were unable to hire child care providers.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/02/21/federal-hiring-freeze-suspends-army-child-care-programs.html

- Title X: Trump signed a bill to overturn Obama-era protections for Title X grantees, allowing states to block Title X funding for providers that also offer abortion with nonfederal funds, including Planned Parenthood. Title X funding provides critical reproductive, educational, and counseling services related to family planning and contraception to 4 million clients each year. (Keep in mind no title X funds are currently used for abortion, this is cutting off federal funding for other women's health services because a facility happens to provide abortions as well. It's targeted at Planned Parenthood but impacts small and rural private hospitals as well.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/13/523795052/trump-signs-law-giving-states-option-to-deny-funding-for-planned-parenthood

Children:

- Transgender students: Trump administration rescinded Obama-era guidance to keep transgender students in schools, including equal access to bathrooms and other school facilities and programs (yes the school can now send a transgendered student home).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/us/politics/devos-sessions-transgender-students-rights.html

- Budget: slashed nutrition assistance for WIC (school lunches), After School Programs, head start programs, community service programs (boys and girls clubs, AmeriCorps, etc..) and several other programs.

LGBTQ:

- suspended data collection of LGBTQ individuals for the purposes of analyzing discrimination.

https://www.npr.org/2017/06/20/533542014/collecting-lgbt-census-data-is-essential-to-federal-agency-document-shows

Students:

- Student Loan debt: Education Secretary Betsy DeVos rescinded an Obama-era rule that limited the fees that loan companies can charge struggling borrowers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-20/betsy-devos-hands-victory-to-loan-firm-tied-to-adviser-who-just-quit

And we haven't even covered immigrants, the disabled, people battling opioid addiction, and countless other groups you probably don't give a shit about. I mean there are literally dozens of little actions like this that barely made the news and if you weren't paying attention you easily missed. And that's kind of the point isn't it - everyone is too busy reading about Stormy Daniels to care about VA child care and pay transparency.

Yup big companies are making out like bandits. Because a large corporation is the "real heart of America".

How much have we been funding versus let's say China in regards to the environment? Who pollutes more? Who carries the burden here?

US used to be the #1 polluter. Now China is #1 and we are #2. We dropped to #2 because of a variety of factors of which us polluting less was one. We still have the second highest carbon foot print per person in the world (Saudi Arabia is #1, China is #10).

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/how-us-carbon-pollution-compares-with-the-rest-of-the-world.html

As far as spending? I believe China is spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 Billion dollars on combined pollution cleanup efforts in it's country. I genuinely cannot find what the US is spending other than the EPA's proposed budget of $8 billion. However, China is outspending us on innovation in clean energy:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/jan/12/military-climate-spending-us-china

I will say, I'd like to see China step waaaaaay the F up in terms of Paris Accord agreement. Congratulations on manipulating your currency, enacting import taxes, and employing child labor...YOU'VE WON AT BEING THE GLOBAL MANUFACTURER OF SHIT. We're #2 polluter, so we need to do something (and are)...but I want to see real, recognizable progress.

China, it's 2018. Time to clean up your act, on your own yuan (dollar).

Yes, America/Europe got away with a lot during the Industrial Revolution, but it's time for the economics and environmental causes to catch up if we're all going to participate together.

US used to be the #1 polluter. Now China is #1 and we are #2. We dropped to #2 because of a variety of factors of which us polluting less was one. We still have the second highest carbon foot print per person in the world (Saudi Arabia is #1, China is #10).

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/how-us-carbon-pollution-compares-with-the-rest-of-the-world.html

Right...part of that is the 1.3billion people China needs to take better care of.

Right...part of that is the 1.3billion people China needs to take better care of.

yeah, and your average Chinese citizen has half the carbon foot print of the average American.

How about American's need to step the fuck up and take personal responsibility for their impact on the environment. Too hard? ok - enter government regulation to force them to do that. Then enter trump to fuck those regulations into the ground because "fuck the environment", right guys?

Women:

- Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order: Trump eliminated a requirement for federal contractors to provide employees with basic information about their pay, including hours worked, overtime earnings, and any pay deductions. Such information is critical for all workers—particularly women, who are more likely to work in hourly jobs—to ensure that they are being paid what they have earned. Trump also made it easier for federal contractors with chronic violations of sex discrimination and other employment laws to keep getting federal funding

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/trump-just-revoked-protections-women-workplace/

https://womenintheworld.com/2017/04/04/trumps-revocation-of-fair-pay-order-leaves-women-vulnerable-to-workplace-abuse/?refresh

- Overtime rule:

Trump delayed the Obama administration’s overtime rule, which would have given 3.2 million women the right to overtime pay. Single mothers and women of color—who experience some of the largest pay disparities—would have seen the greatest benefit from the rule

https://www.npr.org/2017/07/26/539438892/labor-department-starts-to-roll-back-obama-overtime-rule

- Federal Hiring Freeze: Trump’s federal hiring freeze forced at least two military bases to suspend enrollment at military child care facilities when they were unable to hire child care providers.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/02/21/federal-hiring-freeze-suspends-army-child-care-programs.html

- Title X: Trump signed a bill to overturn Obama-era protections for Title X grantees, allowing states to block Title X funding for providers that also offer abortion with nonfederal funds, including Planned Parenthood. Title X funding provides critical reproductive, educational, and counseling services related to family planning and contraception to 4 million clients each year. (Keep in mind no title X funds are currently used for abortion, this is cutting off federal funding for other women's health services because a facility happens to provide abortions as well. It's targeted at Planned Parenthood but impacts small and rural private hospitals as well.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/13/523795052/trump-signs-law-giving-states-option-to-deny-funding-for-planned-parenthood

Children:

- Transgender students: Trump administration rescinded Obama-era guidance to keep transgender students in schools, including equal access to bathrooms and other school facilities and programs (yes the school can now send a transgendered student home).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/us/politics/devos-sessions-transgender-students-rights.html

- Budget: slashed nutrition assistance for WIC (school lunches), After School Programs, head start programs, community service programs (boys and girls clubs, AmeriCorps, etc..) and several other programs.

LGBTQ:

- suspended data collection of LGBTQ individuals for the purposes of analyzing discrimination.

https://www.npr.org/2017/06/20/533542014/collecting-lgbt-census-data-is-essential-to-federal-agency-document-shows

Students:

- Student Loan debt: Education Secretary Betsy DeVos rescinded an Obama-era rule that limited the fees that loan companies can charge struggling borrowers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-20/betsy-devos-hands-victory-to-loan-firm-tied-to-adviser-who-just-quit

And we haven't even covered immigrants, the disabled, people battling opioid addiction, and countless other groups you probably don't give a shit about. I mean there are literally dozens of little actions like this that barely made the news and if you weren't paying attention you easily missed. And that's kind of the point isn't it - everyone is too busy reading about Stormy Daniels to care about VA child care and pay transparency.

Yup big companies are making out like bandits. Because a large corporation is the "real heart of America".

All I hear is a bunch of whining and crying. Victim mentality.

As far as spending? I believe China is spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 Billion dollars on combined pollution cleanup efforts in it's country. I genuinely cannot find what the US is spending other than the EPA's proposed budget of $8 billion. However, China is outspending us on innovation in clean energy:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/jan/12/military-climate-spending-us-china

I guess we make up our own facts now. Got it.

yeah, and your average Chinese citizen has half the carbon foot print of the average American.

How about American's need to step the fuck up and take personal responsibility for their impact on the environment. Too hard? ok - enter government regulation to force them to do that. Then enter trump to fuck those regulations into the ground because "fuck the environment", right guys?

What kind of car do you drive? What are you doing to better the planet? What's your carbon footprint?

says the guy who whines like a little girl with a skinned knee when people called him stupid on the Internets. :dumb:

I probably make around what you do and I'm half your age and not morbidly obese. I can handle being called stupid when I know it's simply not true.

I probably make around what you do and I'm half your age and not morbidly obese. I can handle being called stupid when I know it's simply not true.

victim mentality.

if it were really not true (and you weren't insecure about any of those things) you wouldn't have felt the need to respond. ;)

Edited by Geeto67

Women:

- Overtime rule:

Children:

LGBTQ:

Students:

Out of curiosity, what did Obama do to help the native Hawaiians who land was taken by our government to improve their communities?

Out of curiosity, what did Obama do to help the native Hawaiians who land was taken by our government to improve their communities?

yeah yeah, whatever. There is always going to be some group you can point to that he may not have helped to draw some specious false equivalency so you can say "see they are all terrible". Except they are not.

Most presidents before the current one had agendas that focused on problem solving. You may not agree with the method by which they address the issue, but there was at least some objective goal to try and mover the needle to improving a situation.

I just don't see that with this administration.

Take something like the "Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order". It's hard to argue against something that both adds transparency to government subcontract employment and gives subcontractors employment protections of the same standards we see in the private sector. It also saves the government and the taxpayers money because it exposes itself to less risk of lawsuit through the actions of their subcontractors. The only ones who were really against it were the contractors themselves with histories of discriminatory practices and the few politicians they had lobbied (mostly on the republican side).

So why repeal something like this?

As near as I can tell it is mostly because it was an Obama EO and that's it. It's not because he disagreed with it, it's not because there was a flaw in it or it was ripe for abuse, it was because he didn't like the person who wrote it. From my perspective that is not the role of a political office. There is no consideration for the purpose of this rule or whether it is a benefit for the american people.

As of December he has rolled back 88 different EO, Policies, and actions of his predecessor from something as significant as federal land management revision plans to something as benign as a bike sharing station at the white house for staff. And as near as I can tell based on the rhetoric it's just because of who signed them. And the only time he has reversed it is when the public made a fuss (see the ban on importing elephant trophies). Most Americans would struggle to name 2 or 3 items on that list of 88, so I don't think there is going to be a lot of outcry for a lot of them.

Now here is the thing I don't get - some conservatives generally are mistrustful of the government screwing the people over, and here are some orders to make that more difficult, and yet those same conservatives are perfectly OK with letting them be repealed. Why? you would think they would see more transparency and accountability to the people as a good thing right?

yeah yeah, whatever. There is always going to be some group you can point to that he may not have helped to draw some specious false equivalency so you can say "see they are all terrible". Except they are not.

Most presidents before the current one had agendas that focused on problem solving. You may not agree with the method by which they address the issue, but there was at least some objective goal to try and mover the needle to improving a situation.

I just don't see that with this administration.

The economy

Now here is the thing I don't get - some conservatives generally are mistrustful of the government screwing the people over, and here are some orders to make that more difficult, and yet those same conservatives are perfectly OK with letting them be repealed. Why? you would think they would see more transparency and accountability to the people as a good thing right?

Kinda like how Liberals want a guy like Bernie Sanders in power who wants more Government control but then get pissed when a guy like Trump is in office who they don't like has more Government control. The hypocrisy kinda works both ways, but I can see how a simpleton like yourself can't understand that. Most liberals are so smug they don't seem to see the hypocrisy in their own beliefs.

Now here is the thing I don't get - some conservatives generally are mistrustful of the government screwing the people over, and here are some orders to make that more difficult, and yet those same conservatives are perfectly OK with letting them be repealed. Why?

because fuck-stick Obama. right or wrong many of us despise that twat. I'm okay with some of the removal of these things just to erase him from our lives.

you would think they would see more transparency and accountability to the people as a good thing right?

they're the ones pushing to release the FBI Memo regarding the warrant and spying on Trump. the Dems are mainly the ones leading the way at blocking it's release to the public. them and a few swamp member republicans who don't want the people to see how the sausage is being made.

Kinda like how Liberals want a guy like Bernie Sanders in power who wants more Government control but then get pissed when a guy like Trump is in office who they don't like has more Government control. The hypocrisy kinda works both ways, but I can see how a simpleton like yourself can't understand that. Most liberals are so smug they don't seem to see the hypocrisy in their own beliefs.

Make less sense. I dare you.

It's no hypocritical so much as you are talking about two different "types of government control" and don't understand the difference.

Some people wanted Bernie Sanders in the last election, and some of his policies required more government intervention which is 1 type of government control: "Future Expansion of overall government power".

Some people (the majority of Americans actually) don't like trump in office right now because of the second type of government control: "Current power held by the executive branch". If anything Trump has weakened government control through his lack of appointments, his roll back of the work his predecessors have accomplished, his general deregulation - I don't think anybody else but you is confused that he is actually reducing overall government "control" and yet you talk about it like people are pissed that he has more power than his predecessors. He doesn't, he has the same power as those that preceded him - the executive branch powers have not been expanded.

You keep looking for a narrative that craps on "Liberals" when the reality is you just don't know enough about politics and government. I don't mean this as an insult - you don't really say anything fact based, or researched, it's all just picking at an imaginary "liberal" enemy on some ground of you "perceived" moral superiority. You resort to insults because your intellect literally runs out of road and you grasp at any kind of straw so as not to have to face the fact you are out of your league in these conversations. It's sad and the sign of a person of weak constitution lacking objectivity. I honestly feel really sad for you - It must be really hard walking through life feeling disenfranchised from society and not understanding why or how to fix it. I keep hoping you'll turn a corner and actually figure out how to rise above the partisan marketing and start to actually see things from an objective point of view, but really I think you are a lost cause.

they're the ones pushing to release the FBI Memo regarding the warrant and spying on Trump. the Dems are mainly the ones leading the way at blocking it's release to the public. them and a few swamp member republicans who don't want the people to see how the sausage is being made.

Wait, we don't care about classified information being leaked anymore? Got it, sorry, it's hard to keep up with what Republicans care about in terms of national security on any given day.