Crossover or medium size SUV - CR Peeps Opinions Needed

TTQ B4U

I Like 250's. I agree with you on that color too. The FX30 Infiniti is the same vehicle just loaned to the Japanese. The 2.0t and Dual Clutch make it a sporty fun little ride too. Damn infiniti for not using a Dual Clutch in my car. The downside is it's a bit smaller than we are looking for.

We looked yesterday just window shopping and the Edge, RDX and Murano, etc. are about the size she wants. I call them mid-size CUV's vs small. I still want her to drive the Highlander to see how it drives.

The Macans are fast too but that's going to be a challenge under 40k.

I've driven quite a few vehicles in this segment, and it's just mid-pack for me.. then I look at all of the buttons and it get's moved towards the bottom.

I really like the Q5 in that segment.

Can you get an SQ5 used for that kind of price?

If the current RDX is interesting to you, can you wait until the new RDX comes out?

http://wardsauto.com/2018-north-american-international-auto-show/acura-rdx-prototype-revealed

Current RDX doesn't have SH-AWD, just a friendly FYI. ;)

Edited by Trouble Maker

I Like 250's. I agree with you on that color too. The FX30 Infiniti is the same vehicle just loaned to the Japanese. The 2.0t and Dual Clutch make it a sporty fun little ride too. Damn infiniti for not using a Dual Clutch in my car. The downside is it's a bit smaller than we are looking for.

We looked yesterday just window shopping and the Edge, RDX and Murano, etc. are about the size she wants. I call them mid-size CUV's vs small. I still want her to drive the Highlander to see how it drives.

I had a Murano as a rental and thought it was quite a bit bigger than the RDX. Are you thinking of the Rouge?

Stelvios are nice, not sure what deals there are, but they also use a unique (to Alfa) infotainment and Driver Assist system (not necessarily bad, I just haven't driven it). My wife didn't like the sporty seats, but what does she know. They only come in AWD, and the 505HP QV looks awesome but gets pricey.

The Levante has a variation of the UConnect and the "global" driver assist, and now offers "Highway Assist," FCA's first true Level 2 autonomous feature (Highway only). Not sure what deals are out there on these either. It drives nice, looks good, sounds great in Sport mode but IMO a Grand Cherokee Summit is more luxurious inside.

We had a Macan in the fleet. It couldn't go 2 weeks without a trip to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Another vote for Ford Explorer I spent quite a bit of seat time in one last year when I was in Denver. It wasn't a Sport, it was a Limted 4x4. It was amazingly smooth and comfy.

Drove it in 4 inches of snow on the freeway and never slipped or got sideways even when I give it a little gas. Was able to do 70mph easily with no issues.

Have you thought about another Kia? You loved your van a lot. Why not look into loaded or Sorento?

BORREGO EX

:gabe:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/725150895/overview/

When I see used 3-row SUV's, I see a pristine, never-been-sat-in rear seat. :dumb:

Out of everything here I'd say: Edge Sport, then Q5, followed by a Grand Cherokee.

Have you thought about another Kia? You loved your van a lot. Why not look into loaded or Sorento?

Haven’t ruled out the Koreans but with the van it was $9k lower in price than the competition. SUV wise they aren’t as far apart. More to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ford Explorer Sport

2013-ford-explorer-sport-photos-and-info-car-news-car-and-driver-photo-449285-s-original.jpg

Ford Edge ST

2019-ford-edge-st-4-1.jpg

VW Tiquan R-Line ($38k new)

01-2018-vw-tiguan-r-line-la-1.jpg

SQ5

51.jpg?w=1024

RDX

01-2019-acura-rdx-prototype-detroit-1.jpg

X3 M-sport

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/09/011-2011-bmw-x3-paris.jpg

As much as I love the high end performance stuff, if you are keeping it long term 10-years+ it just won't be as reliable. Either be prepared to do the maintenance and work yourself out of warranty or keep shopping.