Columbus Cars and Coffee update for 2018

zeitgeist57

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do burnouts and stuff?

The couple times I went, yeah. It's been a year, but I doubt they changed anything. They don't do it on the lot, but almost every car leaving the Byers lot treated that front strip of road like it was the starting line at NTR while a crowd just sat at the entrance and watched.

The couple times I went, yeah. It's been a year, but I doubt they changed anything. They don't do it on the lot, but almost every car leaving the Byers lot treated that front strip of road like it was the starting line at NTR while a crowd just sat at the entrance and watched.

Sounds like my spot, better buy a case of natty and throw my blanket down now.

lol Still would be a fun sight to see. CPD cracks down a lot on that sort of thing anymore. That use to be the best part of going down and checking out good guys was to see all the water boxes off of Busch Blvd.

Maybe at a local Sonics with the street ricers Facebook group. The exotic car owners are prestigious. They have influence over the powers that be.

lol Still would be a fun sight to see. CPD cracks down a lot on that sort of thing anymore. That use to be the best part of going down and checking out good guys was to see all the water boxes off of Busch Blvd.

just go to Quaker steak during GG. They have that little pass through street that people just do rolling smokies on for days.

just go to Quaker steak during GG. They have that little pass through street that people just do rolling smokies on for days.

I forgot about that. Will have to check that out this year.

Use to see that over by Crossroads off of Campus View. It was a good spot too, but their parking lots and access roads are beat nowadays. I remember back in the day people stocking up on gallons of water to set up just about everywhere .

I'll never forget watching some tool in a 1992 firebird losing it in a ditch trying to show off at the old ramp to 270 and 23 lol.

Personally I hate the fact Joe is gone especially with the circumstances where they HAD to go. Service wise, seemed like they could never get on top of handling us on Saturdays. You were ALWAYS in line for 15-20 minutes to get a coffee if it was between 9-10am, work flow there just never really seemed to work. Every one weekend I attended though there I was slogging it out in line trying to support the local business.

Starbucks is one of my top 5 most hated companies, the only reason I make the short walk down is if I REALLY need something to drink and because I can show some business/support to Barnes and Nobles. Viva la Book Store!

Venue wise though, I think don't mess with a good thing leave it where it is. While not central to a lot of people and mildly annoying to get in/out of it's still a great spot with established attendance over the years.

The Dayton thing I think is tough, most people can't dedicate half their day to getting up getting detailed and doing a 3 hour round trip to their show and back not including the actual oogling we all are going there to do. Every now and then I remember people like Doc posting about making the drive out there, but not sure how well received it would be to see us rolling out that way en-mass. Also, how's the blood between us and "The Other Group" currently?

Also, how's the blood between us and "The Other Group" currently?

Their website currently refers to themselves as the "The original, largest, and longest-running "cars and coffee" gathering in ohio" so...that should give you some idea.

then again Clay does have this up on the .net website:

What We Are NOT:

A business, focused more on networking, promoting, and selling…than in the spirit of being a relaxed and social gathering.

Elitist, where we cater only to a specific group of car owners, or perceived “upper echelon” of society and lifestyle. The more diverse our attendees are at a get-together… the better.

so I would probably describe it as Salty, very very very salty.

I used to lurk on the “other” CC&C FB page to see what they were up to. Truthfully haven’t even paid attention to them over the last couple of years.

I would still be open to joining them for ONE cars and coffee group in Columbus but they are the barrier to that happening, not me.

Bummed Cup'o left, but I don't mind stopping at one of the local starbucks.

Dayton cruises sound fun, since I've got friends in the area..

Excited for 2018 CC&C though, hopefully the SGT doesn't look like ass all summer....and Maybe I'll have a new toy to show off late summer/fall

Honestly, I kinda just stopped going ever since Cup o Joe left. While Cars and Coffee is a good time since I like to get there early it was nice to go into Cup o Joe and grab breakfast while waiting on others to show up.

This is me 100%.

It was nice when CofJ was there, got some snacks and could make it enjoyable and an easy sell for the woman and/or friends.

Now it's just "hey wanna go stand in a parking lot for two hours?"

Grabbing coffee/food elsewhere is obviously still an option, but its tough in a loud car with a ridiculous clutch to hit a drive through, and I don't particularly enjoy parking in a tight lot on a busy Saturday morning with Dilberts out and about not paying mind to doors, kids, etc.

I would still be open to joining them for ONE cars and coffee group in Columbus but they are the barrier to that happening, not me.

Well to be fair your "business" model of being free and open to everyone kinda gets in the way of their monetizing the cars and coffee concept.

I mean, how are you going to convince sponsors to give you money and set up a "watch bar" (yes a bar that serves wristwatches instead of drinks) if your lot is filled with rusty 240Z cars with ford 5.0 swaps and chevy cavalier's with "Mechanical slut" written across the windshield. Also, your event promotes too much social interaction - how can you stand around being cooler than thou while a DJ blasts regaton and trance house at 9AM at full volume when all these beer gut bourgeois want to talk to each other about their hella flush honda civics.

Seriously though clay, is there a way lennox would let you "give away" food and coffee and accept donations to help with clean up of the lot, pay for the website, and maybe do one or two special events?

On Bethel Rd just past Go Down there's a place called City Egg That's a stand alone building in the middle of a strip mall that has a decent sized parking lot.

Just throwing it out there

I'm open to other location ideas. However, Ideally we're not more than a traffic light change from a major highway, and somewhat centrally located.

We used to do Easton cruises, from the north parking lot down Morse, onto 270, 315, Lennox. Those were fun and an easy, minimal-intersection route.

Seriously though clay, is there a way lennox would let you "give away" food and coffee and accept donations to help with clean up of the lot, pay for the website, and maybe do one or two special events?

I'll talk to Casto.