Fun and leaseable?

99StockGT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's never had anything that had "all the bells and whistles" like heated seats, NAV, Bluetooth, etc etc and through her entire adult life up to this point has had to have "mom vehicles". So now is HER time to get something fun she can enjoy.

Not to mention when a hot women pulls up and gets out of a rather swaggery V8 car there IS a bit of extra head turn factor. At least in red blooded 'Mericans like me!

So, exercise here.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453320880&zip=43064&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D43064%26startYear%3D2015%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26engineCodes%3D8CLDR%26firstRecord%3D25%26endYear%3D2017%26modelCodeList%3DDODCHAR%26makeCodeList%3DDODGE%26searchRadius%3D200&startYear=2015&numRecords=25&firstRecord=25&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=DODCHAR&makeCodeList=DODGE&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=DODGE&modelCode1=DODCHAR

2016 with 13k on the clock, asking price is $37,900. (Edit - never mind did not see it was at a dealer) - that should be the basis of negotiation

OR

https://www.coughlinmarysvillechrysler.com/new-Marysville-2018-Dodge-+-CHARGER+RT+SCAT+PACK+RWD-2C3CDXGJ6JH126082

Which is BRAND NEW for...

$38,377 asking price

So wait wait... 2 years old, 13000 miles of who knows what and it's essentially the same price? Both colors are a positive for her but where's the saving in buying one that's used?

That’s because the guy selling it used owes $37,900

Obviously it's a dealership so it's just a starting point but mainly options. That blue is more desirable vs the red , nav, blind spot and the other little safety features in that pack, driver settings keys, etc

I'd want the awd if I was looking it that realm. To be honest I think you need to just get her in some options and see. Shoot maybe something half the price like a Ford fusion titanium will fit the bill. To throw put some other options, ats, cts,xts-v, used mustang, a bunch of those c class Mercedes are fairly cheap and fun/comfortable to drive,

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

This weekend I've got to make a trip to Tennessee to pull the Little Black Truck out of storage but otherwise there will certainly be some dealership tire kicking going on, just trying to do my homework first. Been a LONG time since I've bought anything from a dealership so this will certainly be interesting, sales people don't typically like me :)

On the negotiation front, I absolutely agree some of these used prices make NO damn sense versus the new. I wasn't trying to come off as a smart ass Not Brian, just one of those moments of hey wait a sec this doesn't feel right? I ran into the same thing when I was hunting for a Chevy SS, the used and new are basically all the same price...and WAY too damn much!

Matt, one of the things that's a bit of a curse is she has been around ME for a while so some of my muscle car focus is rubbing off on her. So rumbly V8 is kind of the flavor of this game :) The Mustang thing...since mine got taken I've still had a hunger for a new one, but a fully loaded GT Convertible is... umm.... 'spensive!

My recommendation is don't LEASE EVER! Either save up and pay cash for it, or if you absolutely have to....do as Not Brian suggested and buy one that's 2-years old and taken the price hit on it. Even then, payments are silly....especially on a toy/fun car.

Don't buy from a woman, either. 90% of the time they've had empty pop cans and candy bar wrappers rolling around for years and their boyfriend finally cleaned all that shit out and maybe gave it an oil change once just to sell it. I swear to god man, every fucking time I get in the woman's car I'm like how the fuck do you clean the house but then you're able to live with this rolling landfill? "I was gonna get that, calm down" is the tape-recorded excuse.

In typical CR fashion I'll go outside the box and ask why not buy a ~2 year old car that's already taken the depreciation hit? You could nab a '15-'16 Mustang with 10k miles for 20-something.. unless having brand new is an absolute must for some reason, where the high payments remain long after the newness wears off.

I've done both, and would take the 2 year-old purchase over a lease every time. Something to ponder.

This x100.

If Austin's girl is anything like my wifey, they want the newest features. My wife loves our '07 CTS-V (when I'm not driving it) but now she's complaining that she has to plug in her phone for SiriusXM and navigation.

Not saying a 2-year old car is outdated, but if we're getting a new car she wants a Tesla. :no:

So long, Lincoln. We hardly knew ye.

You don't actually own it though unless you pay cash

This as well...technically speaking of course.

Don't buy from a woman, either. 90% of the time they've had empty pop cans and candy bar wrappers rolling around for years and their boyfriend finally cleaned all that shit out and maybe gave it an oil change once just to sell it. I swear to god man, every fucking time I get in the woman's car I'm like how the fuck do you clean the house but then you're able to live with this rolling landfill? "I was gonna get that, calm down" is the tape-recorded excuse.

100% spot on.

Not to mention when a hot women pulls up and gets out of a rather swaggery V8 car there IS a bit of extra head turn factor. At least in red blooded 'Mericans like me!

Are you trying to buy her a car or get rid of her? lol

Ford Focus ST.

ST1's

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=476641556&zip=45371&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45371%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DFOCUS%26makeCodeList%3DFORD%26searchRadius%3D200%26trimCodeList%3DFOCUS%257CST&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FOCUS&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FOCUS

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=469701342&zip=45371&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45371%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DFOCUS%26makeCodeList%3DFORD%26searchRadius%3D200%26trimCodeList%3DFOCUS%257CST&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FOCUS&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FOCUS

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=469701327&zip=45371&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45371%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DFOCUS%26makeCodeList%3DFORD%26searchRadius%3D200%26trimCodeList%3DFOCUS%257CST&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FOCUS&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FOCUS

ST3

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=477478786&zip=45371&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D45371%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DFOCUS%26makeCodeList%3DFORD%26searchRadius%3D200%26trimCodeList%3DFOCUS%257CST&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FOCUS&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FOCUS

Im telling you, its the most fun daily I have ever owned.

I absolutely LOVE the STs, I've been in several Focusessesses and Fiestas both are a blast to drive and functional for not a whole lot of money. However as a car for a mid 40s MILF it doesn't really fit the bill. Now I'll completely admit to the fact I've looked off and on for a year at getting MYSELF a FiST as a DD.

The CTS-V sedan would be an outstanding car for her, unfortunately to get down into the payment range she wants it would have to be pretty far down on the used market which for such a high strung expensive vehicle is more than a LITTLE scary.

If you let her test drive a 3.0 TT awd Infiniti q50 or q60 I bet you lunch it wins this contest...

Is that leasable in the price category? Once I get back from Tennessee we'll be doing some tire kicking first part of next week so any options we can get on the menu this week make the process better.

Is that leasable in the price category? Once I get back from Tennessee we'll be doing some tire kicking first part of next week so any options we can get on the menu this week make the process better.

Probably in the $400/month range with $4,995 down due at signing

2018 Q50 3.0t awd $340 4k down

2017 Q60 3.0t awd $390 4k down

2018 Q60 3.0t awd $450 4k down

Though I bet you could get a solid deal on an off lease 2015/2016 aswell.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk