New Old Member

ninnghizidda

Glad to see the forum is still around. I guess I have to make an intro post to see anything? I used to post way back in like 2001 or something as Dual Webers Suck, before I even had a license. I didn't really ever get to know anybody too well because I was just a dumb kid, and playing heavy metal took over my later teens and through my 20's, took some time to learn electronics repair, which has exposed me more to industrial machining, which has resparked my interest in neat cars.

So hello everyone, I'm James. If anybody remembers, I had the silver 1975 Datsun 280Z with Weber DGV's, and posted as Dual Webers Suck (because those on a 280Z, do). I later had a metallic sky blue 1977 280Z that was set on fire in my driveway around 2005. Had a 2008 Acura TL Type S for a while but sold it when I couldn't afford the payments anymore. Now I'm trying to learn more about trucks and 4x4's, and have been messing around with a 1986 Ford Bronco II for a few years, since I got pretty familiar with old Rangers driving them as beaters.

So what's new? Is this still a real community where people actually meet in person and interact? I remember a guy with a Supra named Mark who was kind enough to offer me, a kid he didn't even really know and who just talked shit about Toyota all the time since it wasn't Datsun/Nissan, a ride to get my car out of impound so I could meet up with everybody for a race day I think it was. I don't think I actually even had a license then, I believe there was some arrangement for somebody else on here to drive it for me, but since it was technically in my dads name (I did not know this was the case until this experience, as we have the same name. Thought it was registered to me), I couldn't get it back, and it eventually got auctioned off or whatever they did with it. But that always stood out to me as an act of kindness I've always appreciated.

It looks decent from the outside, crappy paint but very minimal surface rust. Red with the white big stripe, like a lot of the stock photos. Never really go northwest too much, I usually stick to the south and east sides.

I forgot my old username credentials, and just remembered I made this new account back when I was looking to buy a new car and ended up with this Bronco. I wanted to check here to see what was for sale as I bought a couple vehicles from the site back in the day and remember there usually being some neat cars for sale.

So am I to understand there are no more regularly scheduled wings and shit talking?

It looks decent from the outside, crappy paint but very minimal surface rust. Red with the white big stripe, like a lot of the stock photos. Never really go northwest too much, I usually stick to the south and east sides.

I forgot my old username credentials, and just remembered I made this new account back when I was looking to buy a new car and ended up with this Bronco. I wanted to check here to see what was for sale as I bought a couple vehicles from the site back in the day and remember there usually being some neat cars for sale.

So am I to understand there are no more regularly scheduled wings and shit talking?

Oh some of us still do, most of the folks from those days though tend to have families, jobs, responsibilities, and early bed times now ;)

• Casper unlocked this topic