CT6-V

brent1976

And for those 10 seconds...:dumb:

Spoken like someone who’s lived their entire life in 14 second turds. If you can’t get excited about a gm factory hot-v, who’s initial offering yields 627lb ft of torque, then you might as well let the door hit you in the vagina on your way out of this thread. No other way to put it. I thought I was destined to trade my Audi in a few years, for an m5 or e63amg s, but now I have some hope. I’ll still own a 10 second two seater, to compensate for a small dick, but it won’t see nearly as much seat time as my daily 4 door

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoken like someone who’s lived their entire life in 14 second turds. If you can’t get excited about a gm factory hot-v, who’s initial offering yields 627lb ft of torque, then you might as well let the door hit you in the vagina on your way out of this thread. No other way to put it. I thought I was destined to trade my Audi in a few years, for an m5 or e63amg s, but now I have some hope. I’ll still own a 10 second two seater, to compensate for a small dick, but it won’t see nearly as much seat time as my daily 4 door

Literally couldn't care less about this car. It's fast, cool. The douchebag doctor down the street probably has a faster car (oh that's you).

I find nothing exciting about cars that remove the driver from the experience. I get it, daily driver blah blah. You've made the transition to full automatic boat buyer, but some of us still like driving.

Literally couldn't care less about this car. It's fast, cool. The douchebag doctor down the street probably has a faster car (oh that's you).

I find nothing exciting about cars that remove the driver from the experience. I get it, daily driver blah blah. You've made the transition to full automatic boat buyer, but some of us still like driving.

I don’t live down the street from you

I probably own something faster and drive the ever living shit out of it

I spend most of my days driving with kids in the car, so 4 doors for me 90% of the time

Yeah, I’m probably seen as a douche by some people. I don’t let it bother me

You won’t be able to buy a car with a manual transmission in about 5 years

I don’t live down the street from you

I probably own something faster and drive the ever living shit out of it

I spend most of my days driving with kids in the car, so 4 doors for me 90% of the time

Yeah, I’m probably seen as a douche by some people. I don’t let it bother me

You won’t be able to buy a car with a manual transmission in about 5 years

I wonder how many people on here have actually met you. You happen to have a very well paying job and are now a douche because you have money to spend? Odd. Maybe I'm just a douche too....

I wonder how many people on here have actually met you. You happen to have a very well paying job and are now a douche because you have money to spend? Odd. Maybe I'm just a douche too....

not many. its hard to live down the physician douche persona, because a lot come off as douchey. my wife didn't believe what I did for a living for at least 6 months.

not many. its hard to live down the physician douche persona, because a lot come off as douchey. my wife didn't believe what I did for a living for at least 6 months.

It's a real shame you won't make it to any of the events I'm at, I bet we'd have a great laugh putting up times and talking shit to each other.

It's a real shame you won't make it to any of the events I'm at, I bet we'd have a great laugh putting up times and talking shit to each other.

I live in Wisconsin. my brother lives in Columbus, and I usually make it back to Columbus at least once a year for a game. I was there 3 years ago and caught the tail end of a cars and coffee. long term plan involves moving back to ohio once my kids are out of school--still a ways away. like most, I talk shit on the forum, but am a normal person in person.

bottom line::

there is no way GM is footing the bill for a "clean sheet" engine design that departs this much from their previous motors, and planning on sticking it in a car that will only sell 10k units per year. this motor will find its way into other cars. likely the mid-engine vette, and multiple others moving forward

bottom line::

there is no way GM is footing the bill for a "clean sheet" engine design that departs this much from their previous motors, and planning on sticking it in a car that will only sell 10k units per year. this motor will find its way into other cars. likely the mid-engine vette, and multiple others moving forward

Agreed - this is going in the Vette

nah, Caddy is already doing this with a TT v6 that is a caddy only engine. And they have a history of doing this, just look at the Northstar. If it does make it into something else, it will be detuned and put into something like Buick's top of the line model (which is what again?).

Edit: Holy shit buick's most expensive vehicle is an Enclave, and their biggest car is a regal!!!! WTF happened buick? you used to be somebody?

My ultimate preference would be wagons, but nobody makes a RWD manual sports wagon so...

QFT. Wagon options in any drive configuration are slim and finding one in manual is even slimmer. Ironically Cadillac was the last to do RWD manual if I remember correctly.

This Caddy is nice, for whoever wants that, but it's not for me.

nah, Caddy is already doing this with a TT v6 that is a caddy only engine. And they have a history of doing this, just look at the Northstar. If it does make it into something else, it will be detuned and put into something like Buick's top of the line model (which is what again?).

Edit: Holy shit buick's most expensive vehicle is an Enclave, and their biggest car is a regal!!!! WTF happened buick? you used to be somebody?

Nope. It will be seen in non-caddy cars. Gm would be insane not to do that. This motor should see 700+hp and 800lb/ft with a 93 octane tune at 30-ish psi. Imagine hearing those turbos scream right behind the firewall

Holy shit buick's most expensive vehicle is an Enclave, and their biggest car is a regal!!!! WTF happened buick? you used to be somebody?

Lacrosse

http://upcomingcarredesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2019-buick-lacrosse-with-1.jpg

Nope. It will be seen in non-caddy cars. Gm would be insane not to do that. This motor should see 700+hp and 800lb/ft with a 93 octane tune at 30-ish psi. Imagine hearing those turbos scream right behind the firewall

Gm claims it's a Cadillac exclusive engine. They are doing that with a few RPO engines now. I have to do the training on them because GM doesn't separate brands on their training anymore, but they have been clear this is all they're using them in. I beleive they have a couple TT V6s like this, honestly I don't even try to keep it all straight.

While I agree, This is Gm we are talking about and they have done stranger things.

I would love to see this in other cars, esp some kind of light weight road race style de contented hot rod. Sadly of caddy shares it will be detuned because that is the GM way.

I would love to hear those turbos scream from behind the firewall but it will probably only be in cars so sound muffled that they have to pipe noise in through the speakers.

GM will keep this new engine “Cadillac-only” for marketing purposes...but develop another engine based on this architecture, give it another code, and put it in other cars/trucks. They WILL amortize R&D for this thing across as many products where it makes sense as possible.

Think Northstar V8 for Caddy, then they stuck it in the Oldsmobile Aurora.