CT6-V

brent1976

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's super heavy and overpriced and has four doors for kids I don't have and doesn't make me shift my own gears. Oh neat I'm in luck.

You've always had a thing for big dumb vehicles for kids you don't have. :)

Even my 535 feels MUCH larger than a CTS-v, and obviously no comparison to the 7 series.

Its interesting that the motor is being made in bowling green. Is this the mill going into any of the Vettes?

Even the 3rd gen V? It is a large car. I was looking at a 2016 CTS V Sport and man is it big on the outside at least.

Is this the mill going into any of the Vettes?

So far, GM is making it a Cadillac exclusive engine. Maybe down the road, but to be honest - the vette already has engines that do what this one does in their top tier cars. I think they are doing it at bowling green because the ZR1 engine is hand-built there, which means the facility and support to mass produce a hand built Cadillac engine is already in place.

I have to say, as a lifelong 60's BOP fan, I think it is actually nice that GM is going back to proprietary engines for their lines, or at least for their luxury line. Compared to 1990's Cadillac they really are starting to get a handle on the luxury car market and what makes the Europeans so good at it.

Great, another new car with way more power than 99% of its drivers will ever use. But when they're playing candy crush on the 2-lane and varying their speed 20mph and you pull out to pass "OH NO WHO'S THIS GUY THINK HE IS" that'll be fun to deal with.

Can't wait to hear about these at the water cooler "yeah but motor trend said my car does 0-60 in 2.053442 seconds and that's faster than..." cool story bro turn off traction, stability, put throttle in RACE sport +2 mode and come at me.

What if the manufs figure out their buyers are all pleb-tards and make their shit barely last long enough to make it through a magazine test or lightning lap? OH WAIT c7z LOL zr-1 LOL tesla LOL gt-r LOL new cars LOL

Great, another new car with way more power than 99% of its drivers will ever use. But when they're playing candy crush on the 2-lane and varying their speed 20mph and you pull out to pass "OH NO WHO'S THIS GUY THINK HE IS" that'll be fun to deal with.

Can't wait to hear about these at the water cooler "yeah but motor trend said my car does 0-60 in 2.053442 seconds and that's faster than..." cool story bro turn off traction, stability, put throttle in RACE sport +2 mode and come at me.

What if the manufs figure out their buyers are all pleb-tards and make their shit barely last long enough to make it through a magazine test or lightning lap? OH WAIT c7z LOL zr-1 LOL tesla LOL gt-r LOL new cars LOL

Now you know how every performance motorcycle rider feels.

Even the 3rd gen V? It is a large car. I was looking at a 2016 CTS V Sport and man is it big on the outside at least.

My Audi feels much larger than the 2nd gen ctsv I owned right before it. With an awd launch on 93 octane tune, I’m positive the Audi is faster off the line, compared to my gtr

You sound butt hurt. Nothing Cadillac makes competes with the newer hi performance full size German luxury barges. And technology is the way of the future. Sucks, but embrace it. Or maybe you can punch the guy in the face at the water cooler to show him who’s boss

You sound butt hurt. Nothing Cadillac makes competes with the newer hi performance full size German luxury barges. And technology is the way of the future. Sucks, but embrace it. Or maybe you can punch the guy in the face at the water cooler to show him who’s boss

I'm most butthurt about another game-genie car that will make engorge joe-schmoe's e-dik meanwhile he'll cuck along holding up faster people in slower cars because he's so disengaged from driving he'll forget he's in the car to get somewhere and instead try to pair his kids' ipads with the bluetooth and get his myspace updates on his HUD and OH NEAT is Jack Nicklaus in town? Maybe I can catch him at the local douchbaggery! Thanks social-media mobile!

Technology SHOULD be encouraging drivers to ACTUALLY go faster. Maybe they could make it ALWAYS 50% or more throttle so buyers briskly leave the line, get through intersections, merge at speed... and less about "here's a bunch of performance you won't use so enjoy your drilldo-massaging seats"

Maybe if cadavre-lac is going to copy the germans they should do it by trimming weight, offering more manuals on their sporty models, and seeing if they can get them to hold up on under use. I don't want gramps to try and flex on me and get limp-dick mode just as we're finally getting somewhere.

No homo

Some homo

Triple because I'm still sitting at the red light while the (not)STR8 Pussyhawk ahead of me missed the entire green light cycle because he fell asleep from not using the clutch or shifter for too long and the barge is too large for anything not a bike to fit past it.

Maybe if cadavre-lac is going to copy the germans they should do it by trimming weight,

the new BMW m5 is 4,370 lbs dry. Audi RS7 is 4,497 lbs.Current CT6 is 4,498 dry. AMG E63 S 4matic is 4,587 lbs. so...

weight isn't the problem. It's not a corner carver, buy an m4, or m3, or m2 for that. This is a personal bullet train, a car to cross the country on the freeway at 100+. It's a cannonball. The Europeans dream about cars like this and then build them and send them here because outside the autobahn the magic is lost on the rest of Europe. Not everything has to be a precise surgical instrument, some things can be a big shit flinging stick.

offering more manuals on their sporty models,

while I agree, manual all the things....name me the AMG models that come with a stick? How about the comparable audi products available in the US in a stick?

BMW is the only one left offering manual trans on M cars, and that may be going away soon. Be thankful we have a stick Cadillac at all in the ATS-V - 15 years ago that wasn't even a twinkle in GM's eye.

and seeing if they can get them to hold up on under use. I don't want gramps to try and flex on me and get limp-dick mode just as we're finally getting somewhere.

you are thinking a lot about old man penis. Are you ok?

No homo

Some homo

I guess you are.