Anyone have an ATSV?

caseyctsv

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only there were some way to make an SS faster.

Your humor is well received. You have endless options to expand the power of the SS--almost to the level of the hellcat. But you will always be on borrowed time with the motor and trans. Unless you forge it and go through the trans. Which no one does. And then you might have a high 10 car. That might be enough for most everyone, but not what I was looking for. And I wasn't a huge fan of the 6speed when the 8 speed and new 10 speed autos are epic.

Add a cam to the SS and you'll still get waxxed by your avg mustang.

If those things don't bother you, then the SS is a perfect daily driver. Honestly, I was seriously impressed with how well it cruised on the freeway.

The hellcat is a pulley swap away from mid 10's, and guys are going mid 9's on the stock blower with e85. Bonkers.

ATS chassis is insanely small. If you are over 6 foot you'll get a face of b pillar when you look left, and the back seats are useless.

This is what I am worried about - that and no V8. I am certain I will love the tossable chassis and I absolutely love the styling. Interior is meh but I have been in GMs all my life so am used to that.

Lol - it is a daily driver. I don’t need a 10 second daily. The fastest car I have owned was my Camaro which was probably a high 11 sec car...maybe. It was not useful as a DD. Whatever I get will be kept close to stock to maintain DD status. I sat in a Charger today and it simply felt way too big. While not much smaller the SS feels way smaller. I like an “athletic” feeling car - not all about the power. Even though I admit that 707 HP is awesome.

Back to the original topic - no one has an ATSV??

A friend of mine has one. It's quick as hell. I'm 6'2 and needed to have the seat basically in the backseat to feel comfortable in it. Ride is very smooth though. Crazy fun to take in through the twisties and hills. Driving to Vegas in it was a blast.

Also the SS has HORRIBLE gas mileage. On a drive to Sedona (250 miles round trip) fuel light came on with about 60 miles to go on the way home lol

Also... I may or may not have been going slightly over the speed limit most of the way

I have only seen 1 ever in person, cool idea way to expensive and misses the mark for what most people want.

Also I believe the newer Camaro is built on the same chassis as a ats for a reference of size.

someone brought one to CCC last year. It's actually the only one I have seen in the wild.

I think the more important question is Why is nobody buying the ATS-V? used 2016 models have already taken a $20K depreciation hit.

someone brought one to CCC last year. It's actually the only one I have seen in the wild.

I think the more important question is Why is nobody buying the ATS-V? used 2016 models have already taken a $20K depreciation hit.

You can actually still get NEW 2016s - at a 20k discount. It is actually why the ATSV is on my list - it is a little more than I want to pay but close enough I have to consider. Looking to spend 30-35k - they are 38-42k with 15k miles. They also came out in 2016 so there should be some lease turn ins coming soon.

Why don’t they sell? I think too expensive / too small. GM put all of the $$ in the chassis and performance and skimped where their customers don’t like it - the interior. Just my opinion

What are you doing?

Grant wanted a quote for a 124k mile 2007 CTS-V that was hit/repaired by Kevin Clifford on the passenger side.

I know he's not going to follow-through with a deal, so I threw a number knowing I'll never get it. :thumbup: