770awhp on the heartbreaker!

coltboostin

Getting into Big Powa. Made 100 moreHP than last year. Called it good at 42psi. Pump E75, 14 deg peak so plenty of room to grow! 670whp on this dyno was good for 156mph, so we will see what happens. My only goal was 9.9@160+ hopefully I have that covered. Cheapo notes- this is using $200 "bosch" 2200's form ebay. Turbo set up was an even trade $$ wise-everything else is the same from last year. Stock ignition on Copper NGKs

It may not "make 900whp" but it will likley be faster than a lot of guys "making 900whp" ;)

IMG_20180415_132506989-X3.jpg

160tq @ 4700 RPMs LOL.

5000rpm clutch dumps for the fucking WIN. Crab walking that thing down the strip.

He gets it. From my old air cooled vw days, its a way to make the drive train last and get what he wants for the event. That fucker must fly.

Thanks all!

Jeebus...768AWHP in a car smaller than a Neon Coupe! :eek:

That's sick. What wheels do you have on it as well?

Ha! Thanks.

I'd love to get it on a Dynopak and get some dynoqueen numbers ;) But I hope to see it trap int he mid 160s at this power level.

Never driven a car with a power curve anything like that. My cars redline at about 6500, and are still making more power then that, then all of the sudden WHAM! Looks like fun.

When it hooks in third its pretty wild. Power band wise it is similar to driving an S2000, or riding a 600 (just with a fuck ton more power) if your out of the band, you either have to downshift or wait...LOL

Good grief.

What system are you tuning this with?

DSM Link (stock ECU w/ Chip) Its limited compared to everything else out there, but its cheap and works well for my needs!

42psi? that's a heck of a lot of squeeze. On a stock bottom end?

Nice numbers. Can you mess with the gearing any to get you closer to your 9's and 160+ trap speed?

Simple Eagle/Wiesco Setup. 42psi is a LOT less than most going 160 plus are running. The guys at the top of the import 4 banger are all in the 80-90psi range these days.

No real gearing options that are cheap. All I can do is add tire-but at 9k rpm with 26' tall tires I should be able to tickle 165 before the traps

is there even a point revving it past 7625 rpm? looks like power flattens out and is just more risk to rev it higher.

Awesome numbers

200%. Thats where I WANT to be! I I could safely rev and shift at 10k I would. Consider what happens if I shift at 7500- I go to 5500-and I am out out of the power band. If i can shift at 9k- I call to 7k, in the middle of party time. Your talking about an almost 400whp different a those shift points.

You gonna put a wing on this one? lol

YES :p

Who's got a Mustang Dyno up in Cleveland?

Fucking everyone now- but this one is at Red Line tuning. Big 3 has a 2wd (just picked up a 4wd) and Buschur has a 4wd.

160tq @ 4700 RPMs LOL.

5000rpm clutch dumps for the fucking WIN. Crab walking that thing down the strip.

In my defense I was starting the pull around 4500 may not have even been at full WOT but even so it would not be much more :)

He gets it. From my old air cooled vw days, its a way to make the drive train last and get what he wants for the event. That fucker must fly.

Yup! I want the torque as low and as late as possible. Eagle rods and stock drivetrain- got to baby the stuff!

DSM Link (stock ECU w/ Chip) Its limited compared to everything else out there, but its cheap and works well for my needs!

I know what DSMlink is, ha ha.

Are you going off power gains and plugs? I know the stock knock sensor can be pretty much worthless to tune off of with ethanol...

I know what DSMlink is, ha ha.

Are you going off power gains and plugs? I know the stock knock sensor can be pretty much worthless to tune off of with ethanol...

Ha! Just help for people that dont know. ;)

No just going off my experience and dyno feedback. The knock sensor is already bad so its literally no help. AFR is just case by case. Some set ups like to be richer than others- hard to explain just you can tell by how the car runs/reacts to fuel. *peak* Timing is easy-once it stops making more power back off a few notches. ;) Set up like this my goal is to keep peak torque as low as I can get it to keep the motor alive. On paper, a hard hitting 500hp 35r set up is harder on the rods than this one making 300 more HP

I want to see this thing hurt some feelings.

Hope to be at CR track day again this year. Mexico action will be there, but limited

Saw this on the Sloppy Mechanics page, looks awesome!

Thanks!

Gonna start calling JP "Clutch Nixon". How you are still alive is beyond my comprehension. Still, the stuff you turn out is impressive, to say the least.

Im not as much of a wild boy as I used to be. But I will say the post-dyno test runs where a party. :dumb:

Ha! Just help for people that dont know. ;)

No just going off my experience and dyno feedback. The knock sensor is already bad so its literally no help. AFR is just case by case. Some set ups like to be richer than others- hard to explain just you can tell by how the car runs/reacts to fuel. *peak* Timing is easy-once it stops making more power back off a few notches. ;) Set up like this my goal is to keep peak torque as low as I can get it to keep the motor alive. On paper, a hard hitting 500hp 35r set up is harder on the rods than this one making 300 more HP

I wish you were local to me so I could pay you to dyno tune my ish. I don't really trust anyone around here. I'm on a DSM82 right now (35R with an FP billet compressor wheel in a bolt on turbine housing), just street "tuning" and hoping I don't blow my ish up.

I wish you were local to me so I could pay you to dyno tune my ish. I don't really trust anyone around here. I'm on a DSM82 right now (35R with an FP billet compressor wheel in a bolt on turbine housing), just street "tuning" and hoping I don't blow my ish up.

Get at least 4+ people together, find me a dyno, and I will fly down. Not joking! done it twice now. Dallas would be easy since I have fam I would want to visit while I am there.

Difficulty is typically finding a dyno willing to rent per hour/day cheap enough to make it work price wise for everyone.

Is there a Dallas DSM club or similar down there?

Get at least 4+ people together, find me a dyno, and I will fly down. Not joking! done it twice now. Dallas would be easy since I have fam I would want to visit while I am there.

Difficulty is typically finding a dyno willing to rent per hour/day cheap enough to make it work price wise for everyone.

Not to jack this thread but since you mentioned it I was always curiosity as to what the hold up would be for someone anywhere to be on a dyno (not street because internet) for you to remote into their computer from wherever you are at and tune based off the files ? Obviously without seeing physically how the car reacts or sounds you are going soupy off the computer charts but seems like that would get you damn close to where you want to be at especially in situations such as this

I'd have to find the name, but there is a shop down here that works exclusively on Evo's over in Lewisville that offered to let me rent their dyno a while back. I asked if they would be interested in tuning a 1G DSM and they declined, but said if I wanted to tune or bring my own tuner, I could rent it. They ONLY tune Evo's. :/

As for a DSM club, there are only a handful of us with DSM's :/ Literally, I only know of a couple of us making any power, and a lot of them self tune.

Another guy that is really good around DSM's is Dave Katz, but he is all the way in VA. He comes to Houston once a year to tune cars for TX2K but didn't make it through DFW this year.