2003 Focus Svt (sedan)

Darkside

2003 Ford Focus Svt, sedan, 103k miles, 6spd manual

Silver with red/black interior.

I'm the second owner of this car, original owner was an older guy that had it the first ten years. Its a PA car and pretty clean, I've had the chassis sprayed with oil before every winter. Its been a fun little daily driver, mainly just use it for my commute. Each time I've checked the mpg I've been getting 30. Recently has had brake work, tuneup, and the battery was replaced in the past year. Replaced the oil pan when I bought it.

Also have four additional Svt wheels with good Blizzaks on all four.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-ford-focus-svt/6571285187.html

The bads if you want to nitpick a fifteen year old car: CEL since I bought it, needs a new sensor located under the airbox. Never bothered since I have collector plates on it. One rear door has a handle linkage issue, wont open from outside. Little vibration in the steering wheel at idle, probably could use new motor mounts. Starting to develop a little rust around a few wheel wells.

Never touched the clutch, not sure how old it is. Again this is being really nitpicky.

Bottom line pricing:

$3300 for everything, $3000 without winter wheels/tires

If it doesn't sell for this I'll keep it and make it my designated winter car.

I've owned 2 of them (both 3-door versions, though); really well-built little cars. That SVT Zetec is a great engine; just hums up to 7300, never feels like it's working. It likes the revs.

MPGs aren't that great; I averaged about 26, and it requires premium.

I don't know why I want this so badly?!?!

Forged rods, stronger block, oil squirters...

Vct delete, pull the getrag and replace with mtx75 5 speed w/ AN LSD. Then make a junknyard turbo kit, tune on e85 and do infinite 3rd gear pulls.

What's with the shift boot?

Nothing, they are earmuffs.

thats what raises concern? not the amount of air freshners? :D

Brian you need this car for your MPG beater!! BUY IT NOW

Lol, the occasional bad gas days.

I'm out.

It has a 91 octane recommendation.

Nothing, they are earmuffs

Ooooh. Cool. 91 isn't terrible I guess. I'm not buying anything for another 2-3 weeks, if I buy anything, but it would be this if it's still available for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Cool car, not sure how raising the price will help it sell but the added parts are nice.

Thanks. I added $700 to the price but just put in almost $1500. I had the car priced very low before, its now in line with what they sell for.

$3000 for everything. Getting new rear calipers in the next week.

$4000 for it which includes the winter wheel/tire setup.

Thanks. I added $700 to the price

nazare-confusa.jpg

Thanks. I added $700 to the price but just put in almost $1500. I had the car priced very low before, its now in line with what they sell for.

Wait are you saying the price before was so low it wouldn’t sell so raising it should make it sell ??

Bottom line pricing:

$3300 for everything, $3000 without winter wheels/tires

nazare-confusa.jpg

3300 for everything plus 700 = 4000

Wait are you saying the price before was so low it wouldn’t sell so raising it should make it sell ??

Pretty much. It had a lot of interest but everyone was balking at having to have a clutch put in, not knowing what else would be needed within the tranny.

I will say that I'll never buy another cheap car again. Its easier to sell $40k cars. It seems that people looking in this price range can't afford to have an oil change service. People really want a brand new condition car for 4 grand.

Replacing a part to ensure the vehicle drives like it should is maintenance, not an upgrade.

If you aren't interested how about you leave the thread? Please show me where I said that the clutch was an 'upgrade'. I'll wait................... Thats right, I didn't.

Please read slowly..... I had the car priced low the first time knowing that it would need a clutch in the near future. The car is now priced in line with the market for one that's clean and low mileage.