New Version of Pinks All Out! Is Coming...

wagner

That looks good. I really enjoyed Pinks! All Out and this looks like they are looking to build on it instead of just reboot it.

That's the plan. Fox pretty much screwed them with the Pinks brand so they are starting something that is similar but is going to be more of what they want with out Rich...

I raced both years that Pinks All Out was at Norwalk. Had fun both years. It was nice to run on a track that was actually prepped. I set a new personal best every run. I remember so many people trying to enter that first year that the phone lines broke. I never did get through until later in the day and put myself on a waiting list and ended up getting in a week or two later.

I loved Pass Time when it was on. It really was a novel concept and brought a lot of what makes street and drag racing fun for the spectator through the little screen. I wish they would bring that back. Hopefully this new show brings some of that with it.

• 4 weeks later...
I raced at both Pinks All Out at Norwalk. The first was in 2008. So for a 10 year anniversary I'm entered in All Out Live At South Georgia in October and At Orlando in December. The thing I've noticed is it may be live but not on any major network. Actually some very minor ones so I hope they make enough to go forward with this. Edited by GTO1

Russ, what is that new motor combo? Or is that the one you had done just before you moved south?

Mamo Motorsports 265 LS7 top end replacing my mamo AFR 205 top end on the same ERL 427 block. It's in Medina at Backstreet so I haven't raced it yet.

This is most of what's new

Assembled MMS ported 265CC ls7 Cylinder Heads milled to 61cc

PAC 650 springs and Ti retainers

Hollow valve upgrade

Manton custom length Pushrods ( 3/8 x .095 wall)

Yella Terra MMS LS7 Ultralight Shaft rockers 1.85 ratio (These are custom made for Tony by Yella Terra)

234/248 .601 .606 116+4 Custom Cam (234/248 .637 .643 116+4 at 1.85 rocker ratio)

Melling 10355 High Volume/High Pressure Oil Pump For AFM-Equipped LS Engines

Johnson .058 limited travel lifters with AOL (Axel wheel dedicated oiling)

MSD Atomic Airforce Intake Manifold for LS7 103 mm (also ported by Tony)

Holley EFI Billet 105mm LS Throttle Body W/Low RPM Taper and Cable Drive

JP Performance Upper Sprocket ... to tighten up the timing chain

LS7 GM fuel rails

ATI Super Damper Harmonic Series Harmonic Balancer, 10% underdrive

• 2 months later...

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed in this revival.

Back in May/June they wanted $20 deposits to reserve a space. The deposit was for a specific class entry. I selected 10.00 to 10.99. for both South Georgia and Orlando events.

So today they sent out an email to pay the rest of the fee for South Georgia … but they changed to an 1/8 mile format. WTF a bait and switch! :mad:

If this heads to Columbus stay home.

Why the switch? Cars running too fast in the 1/4?

More than likely insurance coverage costs. If they are running on a shoe string budget then they might not be able to cover the cost of an event that runs the full 1/4 mile.