College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McShitty was blowing up the OSU LB’s all night. That should have been his ball. No doubt.

I’m not 100% sure OSU deserves to win that game. The penalty yards given up were SILLY. They have 2 touchdowns away because of stupid, avoidable penalties.

I would say they PROVED they deserved it.

The officiating was questionable but I HATE "blaming" a game on officiating.

When the nuts hit the plate (yeah, I just made that up) they stepped up. That was the kind of last minute "grab your sack and lets go fuck up the other team and win this game" comeback that championship caliber teams do.

I see what you are saying - i just hate letting teams that will win 8 games a season push us around and almost ruin our season. Every big 10 team that plays OSU swings for the fence. I want OSU to pummel people....without mercy.

I do too but unfortunately we're the "Yankees" of NCAAF. Everyone else hates else, loves to see us lose, and will try their damndest to beat us.

tOSU is one of, if not THE, most influential/best college football teams ever. I know this comment will draw backlash from fans of other teams but I aced an argumentative college paper on this and it got used as a sample by the prof. Look at the winning seasons (.500 or better), championships, players sent to the NFL, coaches, etc. It is what it is. Haters gon' hate and we gotta deal with the haters. All part of the game.

I thought it was over when Penn State went up by 2 scores with 8 minutes or whatever left. Not sure this was a game we really deserved to win, but all really good teams sometimes win when they shouldn't. Though, not sure this team is really good, but, tautological reasoning leads me to conclude they must be. So, there's that.

Some additional thoughts:

- Chris Corso has been annoying me in a way that Brent Musburger used to in the 90s.

- Penn State's white outs are impressive. I despise Penn State, but I am begrudgingly respectful of the white outs.

- what's up with not spying the QB the entire time? There must be some rational there that is beyond my comprehension. Was there some fear that by leaving a spy on McSorely the entire time it would allow the secondary to be exploited? Just wondering.

- McSorely was really good. I am with everyone else in existence in being confused as to why their last play involved him handing the ball off. Relieved for sure, but man that was a stupid play.

- Victor reminded me of Terrell Pryor insofar as it never looked like he was really running yet he covered a bunch of ground and no one could catch him.

- speaking of being annoyed by Corso, no one catching him, and players named Pryor, it was almost awesome that Pryor nearly ran down their receiver from behind on that mega-long pass play when Corso yelled "THEY'LL NEVER CATCH HIM!" That would have been glorious. Dammit.

- WTF is up with us giving up record-setting plays on defense? Yeesh.

We beat Penn State by one point last year, too (39-38).

That's gotta sting.

Yeah, this rivalry has been really good lately. The game in 2016 was close as well. I see Penn State as being a much bigger rival than Michigan at this point in history.

Clemson at #4 still. LSU > ND. Wtf?

At least the pollsters were smart enough to have Ohio State leapfrog them.

I'm not really sure why Georgia is #2, or really why Alabama is #1. Neither has played anyone. But, okay, SEC, whatever. Clemson's living off historical fumes at this point; in reality, they look like a 10-15 team. LSU deserves to be ranked high and so does ND as well as Ohio State. Not sure why Penn State dropped because they shouldn't have. Ohio State moves up, Penn State moves down - huh?

Kentucky #13. The SEC hype train just hit a higher gear. Alabama could lose 3 games this year and still snag the #3 spot in playoff.

Anyone else think Browning should be starting over Borland? He’s the slowest LB I think ive ever seen at OSU. He had that big forced fumble but he’s only effective if the ball carrier literally runs right into him. He takes terrible angles, can’t even cover a slow TE, and can’t spy an athletic QB because he’s way too slow

I don't know enough to know who should be starting in the way of LBs. However, I was thinking last night about how giving up really big plays on defense would suggest a lack of speed on defense. I didn't think too much about it, so not sure if that's a dumb thought or not, but I figured it was worth sharing at this juncture. Maybe it's just a matter of taking poor angles. But, I have to admit, our defense doesn't exactly look all that fast.

Arguing against myself: was it Harrison (39?) who ran down McSorely from behind to save a first down?

- speaking of being annoyed by Corso, no one catching him, and players named Pryor, it was almost awesome that Pryor nearly ran down their receiver from behind on that mega-long pass play when Corso yelled "THEY'LL NEVER CATCH HIM!" That would have been glorious. Dammit.

LOL, I remember thinking the same thing as the dude was catching up... :lol:

Yes it was. OSU has a thing for turning HS QB's into damned decent College LB's. Harrison played at my Alma Mater.

Harrison is a cool story like Lee. OSU recruited him with no position. Maybe WR, maybe TE, maybe LB.

Those damn awful tOSU WR's. Now I get what y'all were saying. Complete trash. :lolguy:

For real though I'm glad we didn't play last week like we did today.

Let's talk Haskins though. I really liked the idea of Burrow running this squad but also liked Haskins. Now he's looking like a Heisman winner. 6 TD's? Throwing to, what was it, 9 diff WR's? Nuts.

Tua 10-13 for 334 yards and 4td's. Still hasn't thrown an INT all season. These are video game numbers.

Haskins 33-44 for 455 yards and 6 td's. He's also beaten 2 top 15 teams to Hua's 0. None. Zip. Zilch. Hasn't been tested.

He'll likely win it though because they don't play anyone and it's easy for a stud player like him to look god-like while playing high school teams and never getting pressured or anything.