College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

Week 1 takeaways

-Dwayne Haskins and the Ohio State offense is really f*cking good. The defense and special teams need some work. Fuller and Hooker returning should help the secondary out and mitigate some of those big plays. We won't really know until week 3 against TCU.

-The B1G East reputation is vulnerable right now. Michigan looks like the same Michigan, solid defense with a laughable offense. Penn State and Michigan State got taken to wire against low level competition. 1st game jitters? Possibly. We used to see it often under Tress so I wouldn't count them out just yet. Both have tougher matchups this week to prove themselves.

-The Florida teams outside of UCF and the Gators are heading the wrong direction. The SEC West might be the best division this year, but again it's just 1 week so let's wait and see.

-Nick Saban is a dick, but I hate ESPN more than Alabama so I don't mind him calling out their reporters.

Week 2 predictions

Rutgers 17 @ Ohio State 63

Georgia 34 @ South Carolina 17

Clemson 38 @ Texas A&M 20

Penn State 31 @ Pittsburgh 24

USC 24 @ Stanford 28

Michigan State 27 @ Arizona State 31

I think the big upset watch is Michigan State @ Arizona State. I think MSU is more than capable of winning, but ASU looked MUCH MUCH better week 1 after watching both teams play. I think that will be a good one to watch though.

I'm curious to see Weber and Dobbins week 2. How both respond. How Weber responds to an incredible game and how Dobbins responds to taking a back seat to Weber's great game. I hope it makes Dobbins more hungry to get better, because he didn't look like the same back from a year ago. Looked a step slower.

Bosa is a monster. The kid might be better than his brother, or at least as good which is nuts because Joey was a man child who dominated the game also.

Haskins looked incredible out there. The best pure passing I've ever seen from a Buckeye QB and that includes Troy Smith. His arm strength is incredible and his accuracy is equally incredible. He gets the ball out of his hand as quick or quicker than anyone I've ever seen in college. He looks like an NFL quarterback already.

The offensive line looked great. It was against a weak opponent but it was nice to see them dominate because we've seen our O-line especially early in the year look suspect against weaker competition.

Overall I think this team clearly has the pedigree to get to the playoffs and win it all. We will have to wait and see how they handle adversity though. We need the B1G to impress non-conference to ensure we don't have to have a perfect season just to get a shot. So far, not so good but it's still early.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 plays were 80% of their offense or something to that affect.

That will get cleaned up; not overly worried.

I still dont understand how a freshman who doesnt even have their black stripe removed is going to help with anythibg

He adds depth. I bet he plays.

I bet you $10 he doesn't see anything more than possibly relief for the players playing in relief of the 2nd stringers playing in Garbage time. Josh Proctor will see the field way before he does and he saw 0 snaps at safety this past weekend. FYI Proctor was the #7 safety recruit in 2018 and enrolled early. Tyreke Johnson was the #2 Safety recruit and played 0 snaps, not even special teams

Haskins is the real deal

Florida gonna beat Kentucky for the 32nd time in a row

Fuck F$U

That is all

But was he?

I think he was a shit coach. OSU's receivers have been underachieving for years under his watch. Michael Thomas looks a hell of a lot more impressive in the NFL than he ever did in college. Who did Zach Smith ever develop? Devin Smith was a one trick pony. Jalin Marshall was hot garbage. Who led the team in receiving last year? Bin Victor with like 400 yards? They get all these four and five star receivers and none of them really do anything.

I've never heard anyone around the program suggest that Zach Smith was even a halfway decent coach.

Whoops.

:lolguy:

Too easy. Congrats on FU's game against a basketball school.

I know it's UF but this pro-wrestling (fake) fan will get his panties in a bunch anyway.

Never said Zach Smith was a good coach. YOU said he was a trbl coach and never did a thing for OSU receivers these WR's are killing it and "our" QB's are on point.

...I know it sucks to be wrong but it'll be easier to just eat crow, admit it, and we can all move on.

:lolguy:

Too easy. Congrats on FU's game against a basketball school.

I know it's UF but this pro-wrestling (fake) fan will get his panties in a bunch anyway.

Never said Zach Smith was a good coach. YOU said he was a trbl coach and never did a thing for OSU receivers these WR's are killing it and "our" QB's are on point.

...I know it sucks to be wrong but it'll be easier to just eat crow, admit it, and we can all move on.

You're right, Randy. Jalin Marshall is the best receiver since Cris Carter, and Zach Smith was an outstanding assistant. He got the most out of his receivers and his expert coaching will surely be missed in Columbus. I'm not sure how Urban will manage without him.

Oh, and you need to try harder with your cute little "white text" jabs. I'm well aware that Florida sucks at the moment, and I haven't watched wrestling in over 15 years. :p

You're right, Randy. Jalin Marshall is the best receiver since Cris Carter, and Zach Smith was an outstanding assistant. He got the most out of his receivers and his expert coaching will surely be missed in Columbus. I'm not sure how Urban will manage without him.

Oh, and you need to try harder with your cute little "white text" jabs. I'm well aware that Florida sucks at the moment, and I haven't watched wrestling in over 15 years. :p

Just. Too. Easy. :gabe:

Why is Wisconsin considered the best big ten team this season, it are ranked higher than OSU. Where is all this love coming from? Is it because MSM doesn’t like to reward Urban because they didn’t get the lynching they wanted?

But the media currently has OSU ranked higher than Wisconsin

A couple take-aways:

-Fucking MSU. Quit making the B1G look bad.

-Michigan cleaned up this week.

-TAM almost pulled out an upset. I expect them to be ranked at least #5 next week.....

-Wisconsin? Really?

-LOL Florida

-Man Haskins looks good. So does our WR corp. 30/33 between the 2 QBs? Nuts. Bosa and Young are beasts.

You’re a pretty cool guy

The correct response is "not sure why I thought that a developmental true freshman who hasn't even had their black stripe removed would have any sort of impact on the team this year, my bad"

The correct response is "not sure why I thought that a developmental true freshman who hasn't even had their black stripe removed would have any sort of impact on the team this year, my bad"

Oh okay. Thanks man. You’re a really cool guy. You’re really smart too and I’m sure you have a ton of friends. Keep up the good work, cool guy :thumbup:

Oh okay. Thanks man. You’re a really cool guy. You’re really smart too and I’m sure you have a ton of friends. Keep up the good work, cool guy :thumbup:

I mean you made a crazy ridiculous hot take, just own up to it