BMW 2002

Lauren

I'll get pictures tomorrow when I bring it home. I took a video of it running I'll upload that.

I've settled on paint. I'm going to leave it malaga but I'm going to add flake to it to make it pop. Will be like Carmina red metalliac on 911

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At home in the garage. Removed the nasty us spec bumpers.

So I'm going to strip the paint with a DA here at home. Also bought a M42 complete swap. New brakes and suspension on the way. Going to get the suspension and brakes first. Then strip out interior and pull the engine. I have a local 2002 guy that is going to weld all the trim holes for me and then send it off to paint. I'm shooting for a Christmas deadline to get back from paint. d95d04909df73af80af52186aa2c2b8c.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous car.

My local 2002 guy has 14 of them and specializes in nut and bolt restos and resto mods. He just sold a nut and bolt on bat for 40k.

His advise was build it how I want. There will be buyers whatever direction I go. Profit margin is better for restomod vs original.

Hoping to send it off to paint by end of the month.

These 2002 guys are sick for used parts. Sold the Behr a/c system for $850, sold engine for $750, old ratty seats for $500, trim $500. At this point I've got a free car and plus money. That helps speed up the project.

These 2002 guys are sick for used parts. Sold the Behr a/c system for $850, sold engine for $750, old ratty seats for $500, trim $500. At this point I've got a free car and plus money. That helps speed up the project.

Hell yeah, man. That's what's up.

Publix sells dry ice so tested it out. Takes the nasty tar right off. I also tried a heat gun and its just a mess. Will have all the sound deadening out in the morning. Also tested out my new DA is strip the paint. That's gonne be fun.

After this it will be a couple weeks while I wait for parts and i actually have to go to work52d879c746e84be4bad2ee740be2467c.jpg656aff33ce5ca53224a97f75033cadcc.jpg616292e31a2d30352c0d73409b1f3b91.jpg

Haven't gotten anymore work done to it really. Got the engine stripped and ready to be pulled and got the interior tar removed.

Whats new is I did get these. Perfect e30 sports seats front and rear and this m42 swap.

Also I'm painting it BMW urban green which is an individual color and will look amazing on the 2002. 913344d62dbf838b3bb1f9c558ecedd8.jpg9d76808da737525e6e8a9d693ed282ba.jpg10a082cb7858b59eaf2a72a41a8c8817.jpg73d58b5a860b0abaf320baa1beac8d29.jpgdffe08408ea52cf52697fa78a1333df9.jpga20237860cc71931f2b11a49f3a5efc7.jpg

I've settled on paint. I'm going to leave it malaga but I'm going to add flake to it to make it pop. Will be like Carmina red metalliac on 911

Also I'm painting it BMW urban green which is an individual color and will look amazing on the 2002.

:dumb: At least you're living up to your screen name and being fickle like a lady. Congrats on baby shit pea snot green as the option. :lolguy:

For real though, can't wait to see this thing done.

Grabber Blue is FAR better.

• 1 month later...

So I ended up parting it out. Body panels and pieces have gone from canada to Puerto Rico. After crunching numbers on what I could sell for and how much money i would tie up into it I decided to part it out. Like I said earlier 2002 guys pay a premium for parts. Some pieces like a driver frame rail is NLA. It pulls $$$$

So my 2k purchase price I've turned into about 7k in profit so far with a few things left. I have rear quarters that are 500 each left and glass left to sell. Ive hacked up and sawzalled just about the whole thing.

We all know I eventually sell a car and don't hold onto them but I feel like this one is different. I will never find another in this condition. I kind of want to build it how I want it and enjoy it so color change and all.

I'm not in a rush with it. Seeing as its my fifth car I can take my time and enjoy each stage

^^^September, 2018

So I ended up parting it out. Body panels and pieces have gone from canada to Puerto Rico. After crunching numbers on what I could sell for and how much money i would tie up into it I decided to part it out. Like I said earlier 2002 guys pay a premium for parts. Some pieces like a driver frame rail is NLA. It pulls $$$$

So my 2k purchase price I've turned into about 7k in profit so far with a few things left. I have rear quarters that are 500 each left and glass left to sell. Ive hacked up and sawzalled just about the whole thing.

^^^November, 2018

"crunching numbers" LOL. You're such a flake. :lol:

Enjoy all that money in the middle of Nowhere, AL.

^^^September, 2018

^^^November, 2018

"crunching numbers" LOL. You're such a flake. :lol:

Enjoy all that money in the middle of Nowhere, AL.

I'm still in columbus every other week in grandview.

And middle,of,nowhere you mean Birmingham. Yeah small town LOL