OEM seating providers? Sales?

zeitgeist57

My '01 Silverado is passing 80k miles. The 40/20/40 split bench base interior (I think the upholstery is called "Duramax Tweed") is in great shape aside from the drivers' seat bottom having the requisite destroyed side bolster, with cloth worn away from the seat bottom, foam destroyed, and the vinyl side bolster gone. I rolled up some rags, stuffed them in the void, and held it all together with gaffers tape:lol: It's working for now.

I'd like to see what the cost would be for just the drivers seat bottom. See the stock photo below with me circling the offending component. Aside from Car-part for a used seat that will probably have suffered the same fate, is there any OEM supplier (aside from GM) that would sell just this seat bottom, so I don't have to spend a ton of money for a full bench seat?

Anyone ever just get a seat bottom re-foamed and reupholstered? Maybe that's the better way to go...

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

RRHsXRMl.jpg

Can you source a good used from eBay or craigslist?

What I have found already has similar issues, either with the same wear characteristics or other problems. Trying to avoid the used route if I can just get the bottom seatpad.

Just buy the foam and cover online and some hog ring pliers, and a box of hog rings and go to town

I'm down for that project....but where to source an OEM cover? (NOT an aftermarket Hello Kitty slipcover) eBay?

EDIT: Oh snap!!!! Nice, Steve! If I could just find something in gray cloth/tweed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2001-2002-Chevy-Silverado-Driver-Bottom-Seat-Cover-Foam-Cushion-Gray/332734240715?epid=2256824660&hash=item4d788197cb:rk:1:pf:0

What I have found already has similar issues, either with the same wear characteristics or other problems. Trying to avoid the used route if I can just get the bottom seatpad.

I'm down for that project....but where to source an OEM cover? (NOT an aftermarket Hello Kitty slipcover) eBay?

EDIT: Oh snap!!!! Nice, Steve! If I could just find something in gray cloth/tweed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2001-2002-Chevy-Silverado-Driver-Bottom-Seat-Cover-Foam-Cushion-Gray/332734240715?epid=2256824660&hash=item4d788197cb:rk:1:pf:0

If you find it let me know. Mine suffers the same issue.