Shop Installed Clutch, Noise On Startup?

Wease

So a friend of mine had a shop replace the clutch in her Civic back in May. She said there was a noise from it upon startup, but she was told that it "would go away" and something about the "clutch keys on the old starter". I don't know much about starters and a little about clutches, so I'm just repeating what she told me. Anyway, she had the car at Honda Marysville yesterday and they told her that it needs a new starter and flywheel due to the starter hitting the flywheel. The noise of course, never went away.

They even gave her this video: http://16227.iserviceauto.com/c64cd36fd0aa0ea9df7f7b435a59e34097486258

I've replaced the clutch in my '86 and my Firebird Formula and I've never heard of a noise from the starter if it was done correctly. If you watch the video, there are some other things this shop didn't hook back up.

As I said, this first shop is saying that the noise was normal, however I am totally disagreeing with that. To me it sounds like the starter was not in correctly, thus creating a noise and putting marks on the flywheel.

Thoughts? :confused:

The shop she took it to is clearly shady and has no idea what they are truly doing, but sadly I would be willing to be aside from filing a complaint with BBB or anything she is going to eat the repair bill to get it all fixed properly

If its a shady shop I doubt they give 2 shits about the BBB and their mediation process. They cant make you do anything anyways, they can only ask that you try and remedy the issue.

Ugh, don't really want to weigh in too much on these kinds of things but do we have any video of the sound it was making? Starters/Flywheels don't usually make noise and then "Go away" unless one piece of metal is finished grinding through another piece. When the clutch was replaced did the replace anything else with it or just toss a clutch disk in and partially bolt it back together?