Anyone help with wall-mount spring compressor?

iwashmycar

Rented spring compressors. They don’t fit right being those weird cast things and I’m going to throw in the towel before I kill myself.

Picked up some new coilovers for the FJ which only adjust at the bottom spring perch. They are pretty entry-level. 600# springs.

Have to compress the spring to spin the adjuster. They come set at 2” of lift and I would like to spin them up a tad to aim for 3”

That said, does anyone have a wall-mounted compressor that could help me out? I’m hesitant to just call some random shops who might not keep the bottom strut mount aligned, ect. Plus I was going to adjust them both differently to combat Toyota lean.

Thanks!

That looks like a bit of a haul, though to clarify the post, I’m not looking for free help.

One idea might be to actually put em on the truck, compress suspension, Set compressor, strap, something? ...then let it droop and see if that keeps them compressed. From there spin the ring up.

Pickups Plus is Lewis Center was the better location of theirs right? I work right near them. Of course I made the thread hoping someone had one at home. Knew a guy when in Virginia that did... man that was convenient!

PPCLC is the shit. Tell Justin that Randy sent ya. I didn't, but tell him that. Also tell him that Randy is taller than him and far better in every way. Guaranteed success.

PPCLC is the shit. Tell Justin that Randy sent ya. I didn't, but tell him that. Also tell him that Randy is taller than him and far better in every way. Guaranteed success.

Justin is a good dude, but it would probably be $125 just for the adjustment. Even then I may have to do it again to fine tune the height later.

I think I’ll just use the no-compressor method of undoing the top nut and lowering the LCAs to release tension. Just was wanting to avoid undoing perfectly put-together coilovers.

Again, if anyone has one in a barn / shop not governed by hourly rates, somewhere let me know.