The Lists 2019?

wagner

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about MCIR? Is that too far for most? They are usually pretty lenient and able to work with setting up a no prep race event.

That track is unsafe and I wouldn't ask my friends to pay money and put themselves in danger there.

Unless the ditch the guardrails and take care of the surface I wouldn't run my car down it and I don't expect others to.

That track is unsafe and I wouldn't ask my friends to pay money and put themselves in danger there.

Unless the ditch the guardrails and take care of the surface I wouldn't run my car down it and I don't expect others to.

Having not run there in a few years, unless they put major work into the facility driving anything faster than a 12 second car there is SKETCHY.

Pacemakers seems to really be garnering some great racing lately, while I'm not a huge fan of 1/8th mile racing its a WHOLE LOT less dangerous. Unfortunately our turbo import stuff is mostly 2nd 1/8th cars at Trails because street tires out there are TERRIBLE.

I'm in for the DD class this year, wrapping up the Pontiac I'll be DDing any day its not raining next week... FINALLY!

There won't be of that arm drop bullshit either, running off a Pro Tree as god intended at the drag strip.

Going to work on nailing down a venue to get this rolling along with more of the rules. Don't forget during list races you can call out and grudge whoever you want...

Official lists as of right meow:

CR’s Fastest: Run whatever you have and prove you're a bad man.

CR Street: Anything not on a slick. Drag radial street cars go here must have DOT number on the tire and be a street car.

CR Daily: for those who have old rusty pickup trucks, Paul’s Grand Marquis, and other slow cars/trucks. Hard Tire ONLY

CR bikes: does it have two wheels? good race it and try not to kill yourself.

CR sneakers: for the rest of you brokedicks with no car and a gym membership. Eligible for the Big Freddy.

Q: What are the restrictions on the "daily" category?

There was a time when my 650hp car on street tires was my daily. It no longer is my daily and it is much slower for anyone feeling triggered.

It might need to be refined slightly, maybe another list added, but in my mind, that list should be for hard tire street cars.

If you want to be king of the slow kids with a car like that then more power to you. The thing about being a puppy kicker is that eventually one of those little dogs might get bigger and bite back.

All shit talking aside this is about having fun and getting people to actually engage outside of the interwebz, race, bring others to CR, and bring a younger crowd deeper into the sport.

I've been around racing long enough to know this will be far from perfect, there will be people who bitch, and there will be drama. We will do the best we can to keep it reasonable and move forward.

It might need to be refined slightly, maybe another list added, but in my mind, that list should be for hard tire street cars.

If you want to be king of the slow kids with a car like that then more power to you. The thing about being a puppy kicker is that eventually one of those little dogs might get bigger and bite back.

All shit talking aside this is about having fun and getting people to actually engage outside of the interwebz, race, bring others to CR, and bring a younger crowd deeper into the sport.

I've been around racing long enough to know this will be far from perfect, there will be people who bitch, and there will be drama. We will do the best we can to keep it reasonable and move forward.

How about all season radial tires (stock size) and no trailers. If someone has a 700 hp car that fits that bill and they can put the power down on all season radials they have my vote as the baddest grocery getter in the club.

Pacemakers has had really good prep the last few events since switching to the new prep. It sucks there isn’t a decent 1/4 track around that doesn’t require a long drive for us Columbus people. The only downfall to pacemakers is being able to get an event scheduled. The owner is very bracket racer oriented and unfortunately that’s not what is drawing the crowds anymore.

I feel like Randy - Otis Nice probably falls into the #1 spot for this award, fastest keyboard warrior for 2019. Kerry - Geeto67 is in 2nd place. Kerry should be better.

:gabe:

giphy.webp

Ouch.

6AJxXoj.gif

Columbus "very few actually still go out" Racing

Just saying

Hard to do when:

- Track days are during work days (not that my slow truck would run but I'd speculate if I didn't have to take vacay to do so).

- It's not safe/smart to street race and in our old age we don't want to take the same stupid risks we once did.

- Priorities have shifted from when we were all single and had less responsibility.

Not making excuses or "bitching" but times have changed.

I'm all for this. It actually makes me want to try to even make the short bus list. Basically I would need to buy something that will move.

I'm all for this. It actually makes me want to try to even make the short bus list. Basically I would need to buy something that will move.

This is what the new Lists are all about, getting people to do something.

Times change and people change but that won't change what this site was founded on. We just can run wild in the streets like we used to :lol:

My personal life is kind of on fire right now and work is a biblical mess so I will crank on this when I have time. Hopefully, I'll score some reliable assistance to make things work as needed.

Times change and people change but that won't change what this site was founded on. We just can run wild in the streets like we used to :lol:

My personal life is kind of on fire right now and work is a biblical mess so I will crank on this when I have time. Hopefully, I'll score some reliable assistance to make things work as needed.

I don’t know how reliable I am, and I’m sure my junk won’t compete very well on these lists anyway, so I’m down to help out since I’m sure I’ll be there regardless.

Count me in too. In the summer obviously is when I have more time than the rest of the year. This summer I am committing to me instead of school. I'll be done with my 30 semester hour goal post masters degree, and I've finished the CCNA instructor course work, so I won't have a need to be in classes. Whether I'm on the list or not it sounds like fun.

Count me in too. In the summer obviously is when I have more time than the rest of the year. This summer I am committing to me instead of school. I'll be done with my 30 semester hour goal post masters degree, and I've finished the CCNA instructor course work, so I won't have a need to be in classes. Whether I'm on the list or not it sounds like fun.

So that means the dragster will come out more, is that what I'm reading here?

We might be going 1/4 mile racing if I can get Trails to play ball. I am going to talk with them first to see if they are game. That should remover some barriers and excuses for some of you :)

If there is a "street class" for DOTs and a current registration, I'll make the drive to hurt some feelings. :p

CR Street: Anything not on a slick. Drag radial street cars go here must have DOT number on the tire and be a street car.

CR Daily: for those who have old rusty pickup trucks, Paul’s Grand Marquis, and other slow cars/trucks. Hard Tire ONLY

Realistically we also need to bring new blood into the CR fold. How many people have been through "The Oven" in the past 6 months? As others have stated the VAST majority of people who are active on here don't / can't race anymore or have moved 2+ hours away. Those who were competitive with their builds in the mid 2000s will find themselves terribly outgunned in the modern performance world.

That being said, would love to see this site get back to more shit talking about cars instead of politics! Personally I have quite a lot of planned time at various tracks and events this year so I'm more than happy to fly the CR flag and cheerlead. On the business side we have quite a few upcoming project cars that should be able to put down some semi decent times whether 1/4 or 1/8th.

Cheers to you Wagner for lighting this fire.

Realistically we also need to bring new blood into the CR fold. How many people have been through "The Oven" in the past 6 months?

It's a lot easier to invite a gear head to a "run what ya brung" grudge match to meet folks than to an online forum.

Edited by Otis Nice

It's a lot easier to invite a gearhead to a "run what ya brung" grudge match to meet folks than to an online forum.

Yes it is, we just have to be out there representing the brand and being inclusive. Unfortunately far too often there has been a bit of a superior attitude where we aren't looking to help get newcomers to the area or the "sport" involved with us. Remember whenever you see something fun out there on the street or hard parked in a lot... that's a potential new member of our little Racing Community.

Realistically we also need to bring new blood into the CR fold. How many people have been through "The Oven" in the past 6 months? As others have stated the VAST majority of people who are active on here don't / can't race anymore or have moved 2+ hours away. Those who were competitive with their builds in the mid 2000s will find themselves terribly outgunned in the modern performance world.

That being said, would love to see this site get back to more shit talking about cars instead of politics! Personally I have quite a lot of planned time at various tracks and events this year so I'm more than happy to fly the CR flag and cheerlead. On the business side we have quite a few upcoming project cars that should be able to put down some semi decent times whether 1/4 or 1/8th.

Cheers to you Wagner for lighting this fire.

Basically none because the car scene is dying off due to pompous fuckwads.

Isnt hyping this thing up using a car your friend has done more to than you considered being a keyboard warrior? Asking for a friend

Well Grant, that's a great question so let's dig in.

1. Tell your friend to grow a pair of balls, clearly he has none.

2. Please point out where I have used my car in any way, shape or form to promote this, I'll wait.

3. Please point out where I've said I'll even participate in the racing, because if I'm going to head this up I don't think it would be good if I raced in it.

4. On to the swipe at me about my car: When have I EVER claimed that I've done ANYTHING grand to my car? I always point out how much Scott has helped me. He's NEVER worked on the car without me being right there to help with as much as I know.

Soooo, trying to troll, discredit, and stir the shit with me on this isn't going to fly.