WTB - air impact gun (other air tools?)

zeitgeist57

I was in my driveway last night with a bud, trying to remove hitch bolts from his Tacoma. As soon as I tried to remove some rusty bolts, I quickly remembered that my 13+ year-old Craftsman impact gun is dunzo, after trying to use it on the halfshafts of my Odyssey just before Thanksgiving: It'll spin when the air is triggered, but the second you put it up to a nut or bolt and put a load on it, it just PFFFFFFFFFFs.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128206&highlight=earthquake&page=3

Looking at this thread...I appreciate all the electric guns guys are using but my 60gal workhorse is still easy to use for compressed air. Is anyone over on the electric side interested in selling me their used air impact tools? :)

I definitely need an impact gun, but interested if people have other air tools they might want to get rid of. Thanks!

Clay, I have a very nice set you can have.

Thank you, Brian! Will hit you up. :thumbup:

Clay, have you checked the oil in the impact gun? I learned that lesson the hard way.

Thanks, Mitch - despite my cheap assed-ness, I always feed air tool oil in the air line before using it. 13+ years...