Anyone here have a VR Headset?

ShowHBK

Just got myself an HTC Vive, and I was wondering if anyone else on CR has a VR headset? I got it to play Beat Saber and do some VR Chat, but what else is a "Must Have" game or app?

Beat Seaber is incredibly fun... but i don't know what else to get. I've seen a few different games on Steam, but I don't want to buy garbage or the wrong thing. So, what's good CR? Any other killer games for VR?

I have an Oculus Rift with 3 sensors for, for a roomscale setup. Like Vive does.

I love playing beatsaber. make sure you mod it with modsaber to download all kinds of new songs!

I love racing. so i play a lot of Assetto Corsa and Project Cars with VR.

Adrift is really good. Batman Arkham VR is good, if you can get it for $5. (it's short)

Arizona Sunshine is a good shooter.

There's quite a bit of good games to be honest.

Arizona Sunshine is a good shooter.

There's quite a bit of good games to be honest.

Just watched the trailer for Arizona Sunshine and WOW! I will buy that once I get paid. I modded Beat Saber and have like, 200+ songs already... I went a little overboard, lol.

Thanks for the tip. Any tips or tricks to VR? like, optimal placement of the sensors? You say you have three, but mine only came with two. Is that bad? or can I improve the tracking with more?

I've messed around with a PSVR in store demo where I played EVE Valkyrie. Even with the pretty low res PSVR helmet it was a pretty amazing experience. I really want to get in to sim racing with VR, but will probably wait until the next round of headsets comes out. Rumor has it the next Valve headset is gonna be pretty awesome.

Ive got a Vive pro and use it exclusively for Assetto corsa and other racing games.

Do you find racing games to be fun in VR? I've built/setup a few iRacing rigs for different people but I had a wheel and pedals when I did it. Can these games be played with an Xbox Controller? or would you recommend a wheel?

Do you find racing games to be fun in VR? I've built/setup a few iRacing rigs for different people but I had a wheel and pedals when I did it. Can these games be played with an Xbox Controller? or would you recommend a wheel?

Honestly it makes the game much better but it depends on how you race. Im sure you could play with xbox controller but IMO that wouldn't be worth it with VR. I feel like for the best experience in VR you will need a wheel.

Also Ive had the original Vive and occulus touch, If you want to do serious racing I feel like you should get vive pro because it makes it much easier to see braking points and what not much easier with less of the screen door.

I was at Kart2Kart about 2 weeks ago with 2 guys that play iRacing with full wheel/pedals/seat set up, and they do pretty well. One has moved to an Oculus while the other just has a screen. The guy with the Oculus was talking about how he feels it's a night and day difference, primarily because you have depth perception when approaching and braking for a corner.

I've been tempted to get an Oculus or a Vive for a while know. Interested to hear what you think as well.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I've been looking to build a sim racing setup in my basement. I was originally going to go with a triple screen setup, but I'm thinking a VR headset would be better. Along with the depth perception increase, the ability to look around the cockpit and check blind spots would be fantastic.

I've been tempted to get an Oculus or a Vive for a while know. Interested to hear what you think as well.

So far, the Vive's setup process took a LOT longer than I thought. I did not know that it took a dedicated HDMI port on your GPU to run correctly. Lucky for me, my monitors are running off both display ports from my GPU and I have the Vive running off it's HDMI. No problem for me, but for some folks who might be using their HDMI out, this could put a HUGH damper on getting things up and running on the Vive. The second thing that I struggled with at first was getting the sensors placed correctly. The first time I drilled into the wall to mount them, the cheap mounting studs went right through my wall and I had to go buy new ones the next day. If you have tripods laying around, I would spring for those. Last, setting up the space was a pain in the ass because when we play, I have to move both our chairs and I kinda cheated on setting up the space by moving my arms WAY out of the boundary just to make the software happy.

After all that, my tracking is good and the games are fun. Played VRchat last night and met a bunch of really nice people who were all using some "questionable" avatars. Other than that I can't comment on the games outside of what's been said in this thread.

Going to be buying more games as the months go on. Beat Saber is one helluva workout xD

I feel like my arms are going to fall off after playing 5 songs on hard/expert.

tenor.gif

I can beat a few on expert. I notice the more songs I play consecutively the worse I get after the 4th or 5th song. As lame as it may sound the pop songs seem to be the hardest/funnest. It took me a solid 30 tries to beat Despacito on hard.