My wife really wanted a Tesla, so I bought...

zeitgeist57

Man, February through today has been a poopy extension of winter. Ready for consistent 50+ degree days ANYTIME NOW...

YDCgM70l.jpg

P.O. used a Walker y-pipe to connect factory cats to a straight pipe with a dump in front of the rear drivers' wheel. For 400ci's through no muffler, it was loud but not too bad. May actually keep it str8-p1p3d. You can see the exhaust on the lower left part of the cat flange below that I needed to repair...

wPHJODhl.jpg

Oh yes...I guess you can also see the HOLE SAW THEY TOOK TO THE CATS :rolleyes:

New white walls, baby! Wal*Mart apparently shipped them from space.

TQxx0jvl.jpg

Suretrac 235/75s...cheap but with the fattest stripe this side of Coker, or Port-o-walls...

nice!!

Edited by iwashmycar
add quote to bring to next page

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Mark V's I've bought have been lowball offers that the sellers accepted. This green '79 I saw on CL (through AutoTempest) since the fall and hit him up in January after months of seeing it keep popping up. It started at $5k, then down to $3500 in January on CL and he accepted my offer for $2k.

There honestly is not much of a market for these land yachts...if you get one, buy it cheap and plan on not needing to sell it.

It's a hell of a car...they are simple/cheap to fix and great lookers on the road when they're clean.

Both Mark V's I've bought have been lowball offers that the sellers accepted. This green '79 I saw on CL (through AutoTempest) since the fall and hit him up in January after months of seeing it keep popping up. It started at $5k, then down to $3500 in January on CL and he accepted my offer for $2k.

There honestly is not much of a market for these land yachts...if you get one, buy it cheap and plan on not needing to sell it.

It's a hell of a car...they are simple/cheap to fix and great lookers on the road when they're clean.

Sheeeesh great deal.

Definitely going to keep an eye out on a keeper. Just sitting in those couch seats driving down the road in something that's almost new with those miles makes it totally worth it getting them so cheap.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbus-make-me-offer/6840486616.html

This is the kind of seller you should look for. Or his next of kin. Based on the pic of the roof it's a 70 - 72 Continental coupe.

Yes, that's actually a solidly valuable Mark III. Those have the pre-smog 460ci and really, really great build quality. Curious what they would want for that.

Anyone else wonder how old Dennis Gage actually is? Dude hasn't aged a day past 64 for the last 20 years. :lol:

Definitely going to keep an eye out on a keeper. Just sitting in those couch seats driving down the road in something that's almost new with those miles makes it totally worth it getting them so cheap.

It is a really cool experience. I will say I have the white leather interior and I miss the cloth seats on my '78.

I highly recommend a garage or carport to keep the weather off the landau/carriage roof...common rust area.

Anyone else wonder how old Dennis Gage actually is? Dude hasn't aged a day past 64 for the last 20 years. :lol:.

I saw this the other day and thought of texting it to you. Thought the same thing about him. Dude has looked the same for as long as I can remember. :)

Drove it to work on Friday...FEELS GOOD MAN :cool:

Saturday morning...driving to Cars and Coffee. Jump on 315 and look in rear view mirror...I’m smoke-screening everyone. FUCK! Pull over on Lane Ave exit and coolant is gushing from the front of the motor.

97xmpqbl.jpg

Engine is still running great, and I pop the radiator and it’s still got plenty of fluid, so I risk driving it about 1.5 miles back home, fogging everyone. :lol:

Wasn’t sure if it was the waterpump or something else, so I grab the V to Cars and Coffee and let the Lincoln cool down. Come back and inspect it; there are two stubby rubber extensions from the waterpump to hard metal coolant lines going along the engine block to connect with rubber hoses to the HVAC on the firewall. Both were very deteriorated and ballooned. One ruptured...

4JZSEnMl.jpg

New heater hose, and an easy fix.

Took it to COSI scale. 4720lbs with a full tank of fuel.

uFfRWsNl.jpg

Love cruising in this. However, the engine has an irregular idle, going up and down in revs until it eventually stalls. Runs fine on the street and highway. Also running pig rich. Need to check for vacuum leaks or EGR sticking.