holy sweet saturday morning!!

OsuMj

I just spent 6 hours of my life at TRC driving cars in a slalom, 1/4 mile track, emergency braking, spin outs on a modified hydraulic lifted vehicle, and go-carts. I'm still reeeaaally excited. It was all i could do to not drive like a maniac on the way back from east liberty.

I just spent 6 hours of my life at TRC driving cars in a slalom, 1/4 mile track, emergency braking, spin outs on a modified hydraulic lifted vehicle, and go-carts. I'm still reeeaaally excited. It was all i could do to not drive like a maniac on the way back from east liberty.

Where was this at? Are you a tes driver for a company or something?

Where was this at? Are you a tes driver for a company or something?

Its in east liberty... its a test facility owned by honda. this was an event put on by the mech eng alumni society.

It was amazing though. Aparently, I'm really good at avoiding random objects in the road... lol. The trainer guy said I was the most aggressive person out of everyone hahaha.

I think they offer training courses there and I'm thinking about signing up... I was just trying to find info on it. I was gonna try to get my sister in too, bc she has hit a deer every year for the past 4 years... :lol:

Its in east liberty... its a test facility owned by honda.

Sounds like fun. I've been there many times, the company I work for handles their fire alarm systems on site.

Sounds like fun. I've been there many times' date=' the company I work for handles their fire alarm systems on site.[/quote']

I didn't see a lot of buildings on site. That place was huge though.

i wanna go back... I have this craving for speed now.

I didn't see a lot of buildings on site. That place was huge though.

i wanna go back... I have this craving for speed now.

The place is spread out pretty far. There are about 5 buildings up front near the main entrance

(including the crash simulator) and at least 4 or 5 more way out back where you probably were.

The place is spread out pretty far. There are about 5 buildings up front near the main entrance

(including the crash simulator) and at least 4 or 5 more way out back where you probably were.

I know its crazy big! That track is huge too. They are hiring people to just like drive their vehicles around the track, it only pays like $8 an hour, but I might do it for fun... lol

I know its crazy big! That track is huge too. They are hiring people to just like drive their vehicles around the track, it only pays like $8 an hour, but I might do it for fun... lol

hell i'm all about that...sign me up

really? It would make the 45 minute drive there a lot more fun!

haha well i'd be getting anxious to drive fast so it would probably only be a 25 minute drive...just ask ron burgundy about me getting in the mood to drive fast.

Holy shit....Any chance i can get on there? No joke...i'll take a spot in a heartbeat.

It might sound fun on the surface, but you have to realize the drivers aren't always just drivin around the track. I was there one day and saw a guy in the parking lot of the building where the assignments are handed out, he was sitting there opening and closing the door on this car over and over and over and over and over again. Apparently his assignment had something to do with the door :)

They test all kinds of things :p You might be driving a car 10 feet at time and slamin the brakes, driving 10 feet and slamin the brakes, drivin 10 feet and slamin the brakes, you see where I'm goin with this. Then of course you might get to do 100+ mph around the track all day!

You might be driving a car 10 feet at time and slamin the brakes' date=' driving 10 feet and slamin the brakes, drivin 10 feet and slamin the brakes, you see where I'm goin with this. [/quote']and there would be something boring about this? :lol:

haha, that all sounds fun. I worked in a book making factory where for any given set of 7 hours I could be putting cds in the back of books, stacking boxes, shoving books into a stack or placing book covers on... I did that for 6 months total with no problem. I can handle monotony...

I figure, I don't necessarily need the job, but it sounds like fun, so if i applied and got it and it turned out to be horrible, I'd probably stick around long enough to be replaced.

Work there in the Summers, when not in school. That should help with getting hired after graduation. Kinda working your way up from the bottom. Talk to them about an apprenticeship in engineering, for the Summers. It's worth a shot.

yeah... I don't get a summer break anymore. I'll still be working my usual ~50 hours a week, but kinda thought this might be something interesting to look into... even if it ends up being driving in a circle at 35mph. lol

I've only been to TRC once, but it's an interesting place. My coworkers are down there all the time, mostly testing braking systems for distance (Gov't standards) and ABS, Stability, and Anti-Rollover on tractor trailers. It's pretty interesting to see an 80000# vehicle navigate a slalom with a trailer and an outrigger (think semi-sized training wheels), intentionally trying to roll it over.