New (2020?) Ford Bronco

zeitgeist57

https://jalopnik.com/why-jeeps-new-v8-jeep-wrangler-wont-distract-us-from-th-1844363501

This is what I was hoping the Bronco would encourage. the JK and JL should have had a v8 option this whole time, so much so the aftermarket came up with a bunch of ways to do it and even one that was sold turn key (AEV Brute). I am happy.

I am going to revise my previous statement, I don't think the Bronco needs a v8 - the ecotech 2.3 and 2.7 will probably be fine, as long as they can figure out a manual for the 2.7.

*EcoBoost

It will be interesting to see if Ford has a Bronco Raptor in the works with a 3.5L EcoBoost.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Jeep or truck guy, but that 392 Wrangler is BA. Would probably cost $100k new though.

If they are smart it won’t. The 392 charger/challenger lineup is somewhat reasonable. If they price it well, it will dig in to those considering a bronco plus drive existing wrangler owners into an un-needed early upgrade.