Anthony

excell

No major changes today. He seems to be "perking up" a little bit, which is also a struggle because he gets pretty agitated when he's aware. Some small good signs physically are starting to pop up. Seems like we're in 2 steps forward, 1 back mode right now... at least it's forward progress.

I know the situation is rough so continued prayers. I have to poke a little fun though thinking of an agitated Ant. as that's at least a good sign that things are moving forward even if it's agitation. The good news is that goes away so keep those two steps moving forward even if the third is a sideways grumpy one that falls back.

Share with him that the crew here is pulling for him. If you guys need anything I think I can speak for all that we're here to help as many of us are close to OSU too. Sometimes even a few hours break for Tina, you and others is all that's needed.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No major changes today. Hoping for the re-eval for the breathing tube tomorrow and if he's getting strong enough, get that fucking thing out of his face.

I know the situation is rough so continued prayers. I have to poke a little fun though thinking of an agitated Ant. as that's at least a good sign that things are moving forward even if it's agitation. The good news is that goes away so keep those two steps moving forward even if the third is a sideways grumpy one that falls back.

Share with him that the crew here is pulling for him. If you guys need anything I think I can speak for all that we're here to help as many of us are close to OSU too. Sometimes even a few hours break for Tina, you and others is all that's needed.

I can't imagine how annoyed he is, haha. We're pretty similar in personality style and I would be PISSED! :)

I check this daily and am glad to see the updates. Thank you Chris and Tina. hoping to hear some good news soon. Thoughts are with you all.

Likewise, will continue to check back with high hopes.

He was pretty sedated when i got here today. Which sucks but... Fever is down, ranging between normal and 99.7. Oxygen requirements are lower. They are going to lower his sedation meds again today. I am hoping he stays calm so we can keep moving forward.

He was pretty sedated when i got here today. Which sucks but... Fever is down, ranging between normal and 99.7. Oxygen requirements are lower. They are going to lower his sedation meds again today. I am hoping he stays calm so we can keep moving forward.

What are his oxygen requirements at now? What sedation is he on?

So, basically, 2 steps forward, one back. He's still moving forward in tiny tiny steps, but still very sick and not strong enough to breathe on his own still. He is spending most time sedated to keep him from agonizing when he wakes up, mostly due to the breathing tube we think. They're moving forward with putting in a trach tube so they can get the breathing tube out of his mouth - he's been on the breathing tube more than two weeks which is too long. Sounds like they're aiming to put that in tomorrow.

The trach tube is going in tomorrow. They had to put him on more oxygen today, and they're monitoring a bit of an uptick in his temperature for a residual infection and new infection of the pancreas, which is apparently somewhat common. :(

Man what a rollercoaster you guys have been on the last month! Does his room have a window overlooking a parking lot? We could arrange a CR group burnout to raise his spirits?

Maybe after he's awake. :)

It's pretty wild. Still ask myself at least once a day how in the fuck we got here.

Thanks for all the updates. It's a really long slow shitty road. Have they discussed moving him to a longer term care place yet? My brother went to select down on campus after 6-8 weeks or something like that. Place is older and looked like a shit hole but he got good care there.

Feel for all you guys. Still really fresh for me so I completely understand what you guys are going through. It's hard but I can only say to keep positive thoughts. It's tough to see someone you love in that position but just know it can also change really quick and he will start coming out of it.