Whisky

Robochan

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack and Crown flavors are OK shooters depending on what you're into.

Laphroaig, and I could be remembering wrong, was some of the absolute nastiest swill I'd ever had when on a business trip a couple months ago. I'll have to try and confirm that. I could be remembering wrong but I don't think I am. I also may have had a different variant, but either way, it was so bad I'd never try anything else from them again. Dalwhinnie is a far better scotch, but I also haven't had a ton of scotch's so I don't know of many others.

Tried scotch for the first time. Way better than any bourbon I have had. It was laphroaig quarter cask if I recall.
Randy has a bottle of a rum finished scotch for me, I'm interested to try it. I believe it's called " Balvenie carribean cask.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just got my AE rye today from max and it is delicious

I had it at Hyde Park last week ,,,Babbish has talked about it

Definitely my favorite whiskey right now.

Try the Basil Hayden's as a cheaper substitute, it's not bad.

The maxonline site posted above.

Edit:. Maxliquor.com

Oh nice. They have Catoctin Creek. The owner recently sent us a couple bottles to review (one of which I don't see available there). One of my favorite out of state bourbons. Highly recommend.

We need to do a CR bottle share meetup at my shop so you guys can get woke.
Yes we do! I'd gladly throw a few bucks down to sample some good stuff. I'd also bring whatever I happen to have that someone wants to try.

I would say most of us are trending toward an amateur palate ..well at least me

If that’s true then we really need to take a session and sip things like Weller, Blantons, oki, Blaum, Belle Meade, and distinguish/discuss what it is that we are tasting (before we start cracking 500-1500 dollar bottles).

Mainly for the fact that you have to be able to know what you are “experiencing”.

Warning: the byproduct may be a snobby palate where you say “Blantons is low proof corn-forward garbage”.