Whisky

Robochan

Let me know if you want to get together sometime and happy to share the Remus and Houston. We should grab a smoke with Rob and do it.

Your assessment on Scotch is well founded as they definitely won’t have the sweetness of bourbon. I started with Scotch instead of bourbon so that’s always welcome for me.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if you want to get together sometime and happy to share the Remus and Houston. We should grab a smoke with Rob and do it.

Your assessment on Scotch is well founded as they definitely won’t have the sweetness of bourbon. I started with Scotch instead of bourbon so that’s always welcome for me.

I would love to do a HH with you two. I want to take you around the Willett World (pre smokes).

Guys, thoughts/opinions on Monkey Shoulder? I got a bottle of it from sis-in-law for Christmas.

Some people love it and others not hot. I found it to remind me of Dewars. A solid drink for the money, but not going to be a regular for me.

I would love to do a HH with you two. I want to take you around the Willett World (pre smokes).

I’m down let’s set that up. I’m afraid I don’t have anything if your caliber to share, but happy to share what I’ve got.

Anyone want to take pop-shots about the price of the first bottle sold on the secondary market? I just assuming at least a few of them will go to auction.

We can play the Price is Right rules.

I'm calling $100k.

^^^^^^

first one, 12K

second one 11K

tenth one 7k

will level off at 6k-7k

It's only 20 year old whiskey. Yes it was vatted, but that doesnt continue to age it. Consider that the recent OFC releases barely fo for more than their 2700 OTD retail and those are similar in age and such.

Also consider that other schemes like last drop barely sell for over their outrageous MSRP's also.

^^^^^^

first one, 12K

second one 11K

tenth one 7k

will level off at 6k-7k

It's only 20 year old whiskey. Yes it was vatted, but that doesnt continue to age it. Consider that the recent OFC releases barely fo for more than their 2700 OTD retail and those are similar in age and such.

Also consider that other schemes like last drop barely sell for over their outrageous MSRP's also.

I have a dumb question...I'm surprised you feel those bottles will go for that. There are only 240 bottles of it. My question is how can the pappy still command $2 or 3k and there seems to be so much more of it?

I'm not doubting your numbers but I don't see it, i feel it would be more

I have a dumb question...I'm surprised you feel those bottles will go for that. There are only 240 bottles of it. My question is how can the pappy still command $2 or 3k and there seems to be so much more of it?

Pappy is iconic and has been for 10 years.

All these crazy new ploys to charge more .... ARE (technically) working, but not to the same multiple like PVW (10x on p23.... 300.00 to 2.8K)

"Where am I getting my numbers"

DEVR is 2500 MSRP and sells for 7-11k depending on batch.

Recent OFC are 2500 and sell for 3300-4000.

"Final Reserve" (45 years old) has MSRP of 4400 and sells for like 5-6k tops. Oops. actually at retail... https://dewinespot.co/products/james-thompson-brother-final-reserve-45-year-old-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey

Bourbon that commands 10-30K per bottle is typically stuff that came out prior to 2015 and is scarce now that many got consumed and only very few unopened bottles remain (to this point, they got consumed because htey were cheap bottles back then, many folks are likely kicking themselves when they drank a 100.00 bottle of Willett that now sells for 10k, 20k, even 25K in a heartbeat once listed).

To your point, YES this is limited to 240 bottles. But, if you want one all you have to do is offer 2-3x retail and someone will come off of one because it will be a recent release.

Added notes - double eagle very rare is 20 year old whiskey, and limited to 299 (i think) bottles. The average price for that batch (batch 1) is like 9-11k depending on the day. I think the first one sold for 15-17K.

Bob is pretty spot on from what I've seen. Still doesn't make sense to me. The market changed when bourbon became trendy.

Pappy being iconic for 10 years I kind of agree with but I have a buddy who walked in some 3-4 years ago (IIRC) and it was sitting out on the shelf at MSRP. Taters gonna tate...and they've driven the secondary market up to tater prices as a results.

Just my opinion on it though. I just sit back and laugh at those throwing money away on secondary and time away waiting 4 hours in line to MAYBE get a Blanton's or EHT or something. :lol:

LAST DROP from BT update:

Just hit BSM, asking price of 20k... because... why not?

Let's see what it goes for!!!