Whisky

Robochan

So i was at kroger on 665 getting some Xmas "presents" for some people I haven't seen in forever that I will see this week.

I asked for the WP sampler and was told they didn't have any. But while looking I saw a spot for Weller, so I asked the clerk how often do they get some in. He laughed and said he's not seen a shipment of that in 4 maybe more months.

I keep hearing about how good the WT101 is so I bought a bottle. What say you??

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio’s Scotch purchasing can be pretty frustrating at times. I’m starting to really enjoy and look for Cambeltown malts and you can only get one in Ohio if you’re lucky.

From that list I have the GlenLivet 18 and GlenFiddich 21 in my cabinet now. Initially I thought the Livet18 was the better of the 2, but once the 21 got some air it’s great. I’d probably put the Macallan edition no5 above the, both though and in similar money.

Honestly though if you like Speyside whiskeys go to GE Sawmill and get the GlenLivet Enigma (black box) for $99 on Ohio’s last call. I’m super tempted to buy another before it’s gone for good, but have other things i want to try.

Las minute question. Are there any good liquors available in Indiana that aren't available here? My wife is in Goshen for the day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

papa joes (across the border off of 70)

big red liquors

Crown liquors

- (Post road has good picks, etc)

Rural Inn (best of the 4 mentioned)

papa joes (across the border off of 70)

big red liquors

Crown liquors

- (Post road has good picks, etc)

Rural Inn (best of the 4 mentioned)

Thanks, what about bottles, are there any good bottles that are sold in Indiana that are not sold in Ohio?

Hey Google search brings up starlight distillery as a decent Indiana bourbon.

Thanks, what about bottles, are there any good bottles that are sold in Indiana that are not sold in Ohio?

Starlight sucks. The family is great. Wonderful people. Their hooch needs some time to age.

Look for Elija Craig Barrel proof if possible. They get that and we don’t. Don’t expect anyone to have any allocated stuff on the shelf, but as Bob noted may be some cool store picks.

WT101 is great for the scratch

This. I didn't see the thread yesterday at all but was in Dayton for work. Stopped in a place and of course there was literally nothing from BT so I got a bottle of 101 and brought home. It's just becoming my go to. It's affordable but more than anything the snipers leave it alone so it's readily avail. I'm tired if having to hunt for something I enjoy because the morons stand in line 4 hours to grab things to flip. WT101 is gonna have a permanent place in my cabinet.

I don't know who wrote that article or who they were trying to impress but of the few I've had from that list none were worth asking price. Some weren't worth half. That's just me though and I know I may not have a developed/sophisticated palette. I've just drank and reviewed a lot of bourbon and whiskey and know what I like. :)

Las minute question. Are there any good liquors available in Indiana that aren't available here? My wife is in Goshen for the day.

Stagg Jr, anything from BT including Weller (although we get it here it's gone before it hits the shelves it seems), Caribou Crossing was recently offered to me for a taste from a buddy who got it in Indy. I'd grab a bottle myself if I was out there. Pretty solid IMO.