CTS V-Sport

l36tols1

So.. why are these cars so cheap right now? (for a used one) What am I missing?

Searching the Cadillac forums they don't seem to have any major mechanical issues and owners seem pretty happy with them.

What's the catch?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at them too. Just not sporty enough, and maybe a little too “old man” for me. I couldn’t find any real negatives. They are quick, extremely comfortable. Can be had for $25k used. Seems to check most of the boxes.

I was looking at them too. Just not sporty enough, and maybe a little too “old man” for me. I couldn’t find any real negatives. They are quick, extremely comfortable. Can be had for $25k used. Seems to check most of the boxes.

^^ this. Looked at one back in 2015 prior to my Audi and the first thing my wife said was "that's an old-man's car" Granted I'm 49 but I'm not 59 so I had to concur. Did look sharp with aftermarket wheels, etc. and I drove a tuned one in Mt Vernon Area and it moved out well but still......looked like Gramps Car.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a24165276/cadillac-cts-v-sport-video-review/

Personally I think it's Cadillac making good use of the parts-bin, but making a package that's middling (better than a premium-trim CTS, ATS-V performance but auto only in the bigger body, but not a full CTS-V). Difficult to define, but with the lower take-rates on the sales floor it seems like even Cadillac doesn't know what to do with the actual CTS-V so it's making the V-Sport the "new" V in coming years.

https://www.motor1.com/news/266685/cadillac-kills-cts-v-renamed-ct6/

Considering they killed the ATS-V anyway, this is yet another case of GM building a great product, but putting crap marketing to it or abandoning it altogether.

Lincoln isn't finding a lot of buyers for the $70k twin-turbo V6 Continental either. However, I've at least seen a lot of Continentals over V-Sports...and I'm looking out for both.

probably for the same reason the ATS-V wasn't a huge seller either - it's a v6 turbo sedan.

The sedan market tanking notwithstanding, my guess people who want a "sporty" V cadillac want a big ol' honking v8. Historically speaking, buying anything technologically advanced from GM...cough...northstar...cough...is a hit or miss proposition as well. Anyone looking for a sport sedan with a caddy badge and a TTV6 is buying the used ATS-V's for sale in the mid $30Ks (even with a stick!), and anybody that is looking for a comfy cadillac with all the bells and whistles but with no "V", already bought a DTS 10 years ago and is just biding their time in line for the pudding cups at the nursing home.

I agree. Most people in the (unfortunately shrinking sedan) market probably just get the V with the V8. When I felt the need to go with a 4 door for a DD back in 2014, it came down to the CTS-V and my current Charger. I opted for the Charger b/c it didn't look quite as much as an old man's car and it was several grand cheaper. Even though I would have preferred the CTS-V engine.

JP, I see they are at 420 at the crank. With the few mods you list what sort of numbers can they hit at the wheel?

Not sure numbers wise but this guy hit 12.6 @ 112mph with a custom tune, downpipe and intake on stock tires. I am pretty sure this thing can go way faster than that with a better driver.

Different guy: Stock dyno - 382whp 416 tq Tri-fecta tune only: 430whp 447 tq

I pass over this video every time I'm on R&T's website because I can't take these two guys seriously. If you're going to rock moobs on YouTube, wear a better shirt and have better posture.

That said, I'm a fan of this car. That sunroof looks huge, and it's a great package overall.

If you're going to rock moobs on YouTube, wear a better shirt and have better posture.

Today I Learned: Clay likes his man tits perky!

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Scott Cook got back into the car scene because of the ATS-V. This rocks the same engine. Scott is getting ATS-V's up to ~600hp with tuning and "basic" style mods.

Tapout Tuning is the name of his shop.

Scott Cook from Intense Racing? Had the GTP that ran single digits?

I pass over this video every time I'm on R&T's website because I can't take these two guys seriously. If you're going to rock moobs on YouTube, wear a better shirt and have better posture.

That said, I'm a fan of this car. That sunroof looks huge, and it's a great package overall.

Meh....the performance is good but that CUE system sucks balls so badly you'd hate in a day let alone after months of owning and it. Needs wheels and a drop..... better grill too.

I posted this back in the day as I was looking at building this exact look and color

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

b7ca72beca3edae08763df3be3273fc6.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

Give my former teammates some slack. Sam and Travis are excellent writers and drivers. Both skills that far outweigh youtube presence. I wish they were not reading from a script because when these two are shooting from the hip in a casual conversation, it is beyond hilarious.

Not sure numbers wise but this guy hit 12.6 @ 112mph with a custom tune, downpipe and intake on stock tires. I am pretty sure this thing can go way faster than that with a better driver.

Different guy: Stock dyno - 382whp 416 tq Tri-fecta tune only: 430whp 447 tq

Found one with downpipes, intake and a tune which seems to make 461 WHP. So about $1.5K-$2k I am thinking for those mods and tune: