CTS V-Sport

l36tols1

Give my former teammates some slack. Sam and Travis are excellent writers and drivers. Both skills that far outweigh youtube presence. I wish they were not reading from a script because when these two are shooting from the hip in a casual conversation, it is beyond hilarious.

<< Road&Track subscriber here...one of the few publications I pay for. I respect their media work. Apologies for the disrespect to Sam and Travis.

Edited by zeitgeist57
No need for a Kerry-level of explanation

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek:

Did....did I just read a post from Tinman?

:eek2:

What year is it?

Yep, my annual post. See y'all next year...

<< Road&Track subscriber here...one of the few publications I pay for. I respect their media work. Apologies for the disrespect to Sam and Travis.

No apologies necessary. I'm sure they would both have laughed at your comment.

Sam was right in the video...if they slapped a Porsche badge on the Vsport, they wouldn't be able to make enough of them.

That's as high praise as an auto journo can give of any 4-door car.

Which is also why Cadillac's marketing sucks. If R&T does an article on the car - even in reference to used ones being a great value - wouldn't you put something on your website or ask to repost it in an ad when they give you praise?!?

Also...LOL at the Vsport Premium being $71k :lol:

Which is also why Cadillac's marketing sucks. If R&T does an article on the car - even in reference to used ones being a great value - wouldn't you put something on your website or ask to repost it in an ad when they give you praise?!?

:

Right now, you can get a new V sport for 61k. V New for 87k. Used V sport for 20k and a V for 50k same year same miles. Maybe Caddy didn't want to advertise that your not getting much more than a motor and bumpers for the 40% price bump?

Which one is lighter between the CTS V-Sport and the ATS-V? Is ATS-V available in 4-door?

ATS-V can be had in a 4 door, yes. The ATS is lighter by about a buck twenty, I believe (depending on options, of course).

ATS-V can be had in a 4 door, yes. The ATS is lighter by about a buck twenty, I believe (depending on options, of course).

CTS V-sport curb weight: 3,992 lbs

ATS-V Curb weight: 3,803 lbs

189 lb difference

CTS is also almost a full foot longer and 2 " taller than the ATS-V.

The ATS-V can be had with a manual and in coupe or sedan format. The CTS Vsport is an automatic only sedan. C&D tested both and saw a 12.9 for the CTS Vsport and a 12.2 for the ATS-V.

The CTS V-sport put down a 8:14.10 at the Nürburgring which was much slower than the old CTS-V. It's unknown what the ATS-V does there but it was supposed to unseat the prev gen CTS-V's seven second times.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a5309/go-news-2014-cts-v-sport-nurburgring-lap/

If you want an BMW M3 made in america, buy an ATS-V. If you want a 540i that's made in america, buy a CTS VSport. That's how caddy wants people to see it.

Boy, here’s a Head2Head that popped in my YT feed. Definitely was sleeping on this car! Seems to get great praise...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9faBE_ceJY

Prices out here in AZ are still pretty high for V-Sports they seem to be more rare than even the Chevy SS. I definitely plan on test driving one in the next month or so.

Prices out here in AZ are still pretty high for V-Sports they seem to be more rare than even the Chevy SS. I definitely plan on test driving one in the next month or so.

I see a few ever week up here. Production numbers have to be WAY higher than the SS

I may have been around a 4 door ATS-V while getting tuned recently. It had exhaust, intake, some extra boost, and some good octane fuel. Made 550 wheel. I prefer the v8 sounds, but I bet that car would be fun to tool around in.

The problem I'm having with this rollout is it's really tough to see the difference between CT4 and CT5, except for tire size and license placement on the rear fascia. Are people going to come back to the sedan market so quickly from CUV's that Cadillac needed two small-midsize sedans? And, of course...no stick?!?

I really do like the styling, but....no stick?!?

CT4-V has a 2.7L truuuuuuuccckkk moooootooorrrrrrr . . . .:fuuuu:

Also...where's the stick?

:gabe:

Yeah, without the big motors, you might as well just save a ton of money and buy... well almost any other sedan, they are pretty much the same.

Agreed. I'm not saying that they aren't going to be good cars - this Vsport thread proves that Cadillac can make a great product.

The problem is going to be that it takes more than some happy automotive journos to turn the new V-sedans into Audi/Merc/BMW killers...at the dealership. You've got driving enthusiasts in their 40s now that grew up tuning VAGs and BMWs as their performance cars of choice. The aftermarket can make the 2.0T fly in VW and Audi products; it's going to be tough to get a new performance sedan going in today's marketplace.

Owned a 2017 CTS V-sport and while it was a fun car to drive, this was the car that turned me off of GM's for life due to horrible service, shitty customer service, and completely unacceptable quality issues to the point that GM bought the car back under lemon law.

For what it was, the car was quick, handled very well and was extremely comfortable. Being a 2017 it had the newer QUE which was far better than the previous generation of CUE. There is a lot of aftermarket for the ATS-V but that does not translate to the CTS V-sport. Only options were a trifecta tune and Corsa axleback. Limited production meant that companies did not want to touch making parts for the car and they concentrated on the ATS-V instead. People buying $72k V-Sports weren't modifying their cars. No intakes, no downpipes were available and the ATS-V parts didn't carry over since the attachment to the turbos were different and the exhaust was also different. If you want to modify it, you better know a good fabricator. Also, the general consensus was the factory intake flowed well enough that an aftermarket one was not necessary.

Come on cadillac, get your shit together. The 2004 to 2014 should not be known as the Cadillac heyday, you made great cars during that time, and you have the potential to make great cars again if you can just get out of your own way.

Come on cadillac, get your shit together. The 2004 to 2014 should not be known as the Cadillac heyday, you made great cars during that time, and you have the potential to make great cars again if you can just get out of your own way.

I thought their heyday was 59-69..the 70s on onto 2004 sucked.

70s and 80 cars were under-powered and don't get me started on the cimmaron

The 90s ushered in the northstar which when brand new were great but if the engine wasn't taken care of it overheated and crapped out.

They're supposedly giving massive discounts on them.

I haven't asked the sales guys yet. But I'd be surprised, it's Motortrend's car of the year and it's priced well below it's competition already. Either way, I'm not in a spot to get one right now. :(